Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing
Thread started 28 Dec 2011 (Wednesday) 17:48
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

STICKY: A list of Picture Profiles for use in Canon EOS DSLRs

dmonk
73 posts
Joined Feb 2007
Mar 10, 2013 13:18 |  #76

Kylemorgan88 wrote in post #14953164external link
So I've been using Cinema1, R0701L, and Shutterdown lately.

My favorite is definitely Cinema1. It doesn't render yellow's very well, but all other colors appear to be very close to what my native eye sees. RO701L is also very good, but seems to give a red cast to many objects. Shutterdown is just too flat for me and if I'm planning to do some color grading in post, I'll just use technicolor or marvels.

Shutterdown has now been replaced with John Hope's Cinema PP, which I've yet to test, but will be doing so over the next few days.

I've used John Hope's Cinema PP for a lot of my work. It can handle grading but works straight out of the camera as well.

Canon Kiss X5

sponsored links
ChadAndreo
Goldmember
1,879 posts
Joined Nov 2006
WPB, FL
Mar 11, 2013 01:47 |  #77

dmonk wrote in post #15698496external link
I've used John Hope's Cinema PP for a lot of my work. It can handle grading but works straight out of the camera as well.

+1
I have been using VisionColor a lot lately though.

Photographer + Cinematographer
LETS CONNECT - SOCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY SITE LINKS | Websiteexternal link | Wedding Siteexternal link |
| Flickr external link | Gear | 500px external link | Tumblrexternal link

Pali
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Nov 2011
Mar 11, 2013 10:51 |  #78

If there would be a tutorial which shows step by step how to unleash the potential of CineStyle (or any similar profile) in FCPX I would be very thankful! The footage directly from camera in CineStyle is quite grim and I am really struggling with it for a moment...

mauimike
46 posts
Joined Jan 2009
maui
Mar 28, 2013 18:55 |  #79

thanks for a super-useful thread. Just a couple questions, as I've seen differing conventions on adjusting the PP's. For example, say someone suggests setting Sharpness to +2. Since the Sharpness scale is 0 to 7, is the +2 simply two positions from the 0 mark, or is that +2 from the default location for the specific PP being used? Then, for Contrast, I've seen comments like "set to 0, all the way left". Well, the 0 mark is in the center of the scale, while -4 is all the way left. Thanks for clarifiying.

dmonk
73 posts
Joined Feb 2007
Apr 01, 2013 21:22 |  #80

ChadAndreo wrote in post #15701032external link
+1
I have been using VisionColor a lot lately though.

Interesting! I also have purchased VisionColor and CineLook. Not only are they such gorgeous picture styles, the owners are super helpful.

Canon Kiss X5

kizipro57
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Mar 2013
Apr 01, 2013 22:27 as a reply to post 13647303 |  #81

I thinks I'm very like playing around with more CC and wanted to see if lowering the contrast will help me out in some situations with this PP :):):).

You relax with Kizi 2external link games online today to feel that Top best flash games online. All free.

ryanfotomedia
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Apr 2013
May 01, 2013 08:25 as a reply to post 13647303 |  #82

Excellent overview, it pointed me out something I didn’t realize before. I should encourage for your wonderful work. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thank you for sharing this information.

John ­ Sims
Goldmember
1,437 posts
Joined Sep 2006
Essex & Gower UK
May 02, 2013 03:09 |  #83

While included in another thread it is perhaps appropriate to note here.

So far the best one click filter I've found to make Cinestyle usable is the Vibrance filter in Hit Film Ultimate.

I haven't tried any Normal to Cinestyle with Vibrance comparison test yet but my perception is it retains more shadow and highlight detail than had the original shot been taken in normal. You do loose detail over ungraded Cinestyle but, quite frankly, ungraded Cinestyle looks awful.

John Sims
Canon 60D, 30D, 10D, AE1 & some other stuff

arahim52
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Nov 2013
Abdur Rahim
Nov 15, 2013 20:51 |  #84

Thanks for sharing this post to us. This is really nice information. Thanks Author.

IT Network Support

kthuyen
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Apr 2014
Apr 25, 2014 10:02 |  #85

Thanks for that. It deserves to be a sticky.
http://babyaki.com/external linkchụp ảnh cho béexternal link quay phim quang caoexternal link cơm chayexternal link quay phim đám cướiexternal link quay phim cưới hỏiexternal link quay phim sự kiệnexternal link

Brian101
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Sep 2014
Sep 11, 2014 07:25 as a reply to kthuyen's post |  #86

Have a look at the picture styles from DslrPerfection.comexternal link
I especially love the Analog Finesse II and III. I have never seen any better picture styles - and I have tested a lot of picture styles since the beginning of the VDSLR era.

sponsored links

107,759 views & 0 likes for this thread
A list of Picture Profiles for use in Canon EOS DSLRs
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.