Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Performing Arts Talk
Thread started 18 Nov 2014 (Tuesday) 21:21
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Shooting fashion event

fly_kc
Mostly Lurking
Joined Nov 2014
Croatia, Europe
Nov 18, 2014 21:21 |  #1

Hello all! For start, I'd like to say that I am relatively new in all this photography world, I've been shooting portraits, landscapes and automotive photography, but now I have an opportunity to shoot a fashion event (bridal runway show) with no experience at this kind of photography at all. Which of my lenses should I take? Shoot with flash or without it? If I should use flash, should I use a soft box diffuser or omnibounce? What settings do you suggest?

I have Canon EF 50mm f/1.8II, EF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 and Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3
and flash Wansen WS-560 flash

Nikon D3200, 18-55VRII Kit, 35mm/f1.8, Wansen WS560
Minolta AF 7000, 70-210 F4
http://www.atelierfly.​comexternal link

AlFooteIII
Joined Jul 2013
New York City
Nov 18, 2014 21:37 |  #2

Is there a reason not to take all three lenses? I'd rather have options with me.

Specializing in Theatrical Photography. See my work at:
www.alfoote3photograph​y.com/external link
www.facebook.com/alfoo​te3photographyexternal link

fly_kc
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
Joined Nov 2014
Croatia, Europe
Nov 18, 2014 21:53 |  #3

Of course I will take 'em all :)
But wanted to hear some experienced tip which setup would make the best for start (I will be changing it when I see actual conditions at the show, to make it fit the best)

Also I'm not actually sure how to set up the flash manually since it doesn't have TTL function?

Nikon D3200, 18-55VRII Kit, 35mm/f1.8, Wansen WS560
Minolta AF 7000, 70-210 F4
http://www.atelierfly.​comexternal link

AlFooteIII
Joined Jul 2013
New York City
Nov 21, 2014 19:31 |  #4

Well, knowing absolutely nothing about the venue or your placement, I'd start with the 18-200.

As to the flash, if you don't know how to set up the flash manually, you probably don't want to start now.

Specializing in Theatrical Photography. See my work at:
www.alfoote3photograph​y.com/external link
www.facebook.com/alfoo​te3photographyexternal link

2,202 views & 0 likes for this thread
Shooting fashion event
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Performing Arts Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.