Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk
Thread started 03 Dec 2014 (Wednesday) 05:37
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Hate the new look...

GadgetRick
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,081 posts
Joined Mar 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Dec 05, 2014 05:15 |  #16

I think I did mention some specifics.

You shouldn't take time to learn software you've been using just because it's been changed. Changing for the sake of change makes no sense.

The interface is much more confusing than it was. Everything looks the same on the screen. Not just the fonts, it's an interface issue. I shouldn't have to search all over to find the tiny submit button, which blends in with everything else (just another example).

I hope this gets improved because it just isn't nearly as useful as it was before.

sponsored links
MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
Joined Jul 2013
Dec 05, 2014 05:24 |  #17

Considering how much money I've got in POTN versus how much knowledge I've gained I'm only going to be thankful regardless of the outer appearance.

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,238 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Mar 2001
Hellsinki, Finland
Dec 05, 2014 05:31 |  #18

GadgetRick wrote in post #17313141external link

You shouldn't take time to learn software you've been using just because it's been changed. Changing for the sake of change makes no sense.

This is very much needed change.

The interface is much more confusing than it was. Everything looks the same on the screen. Not just the fonts, it's an interface issue. I shouldn't have to search all over to find the tiny submit button, which blends in with everything else (just another example).

These issues will be solved in time. See http://photography-on-the.net .../showthread.php?t=1​409897

I hope this gets improved because it just isn't nearly as useful as it was before.

Of yourse making it more usable is the goal

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 1.4 Changelog (installed here now)

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
32,239 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Post has been last edited over 3 years ago by TeamSpeed. 3 edits done in total.
Dec 05, 2014 06:26 |  #19

GadgetRick wrote in post #17313141external link

So when a new camera comes out, you don't have to learn it just because it has been changed?
When a new car comes out with new features, new motor, new maintenance regiment, you don't have to learn it?

Both of these are very software-ridden, and regardless of software or hardware, both require you to learn something about it when new versions come out. Every new version of software, online service, etc requires you to go learn something about it. This wasn't a revision, this was a brand-new version. Yes you will have to learn its set up, navigation, and other features.

There are indeed some UI elements and features that need to be made more consistent, but please keep in mind this has been in production as vs 1.0 less than a week. It will get better over time, like EVERY other service on the web that goes live for the first time. This indeed is a new service that has gone live, it just used your old account and database of previous posts to bootstrap it.

Please keep an eye on the release notes and product roadmap threads that Pekka has issued. We (the beta team) apologize that the interface isn't as you would like it, we will try better on future beta testing phases and releases.

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

Chet
For $20, I'll be your friend.
41,649 posts
Gallery: 89 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Post has been edited over 3 years ago by Chet.
Dec 05, 2014 08:19 |  #20

I know they are no longer relevant in the digital age. But has no one ever had to program a VCR?? :p Programming at it's finest! Now where's my collection of Mad about you tapes.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

Harm
. . . overboard with the tea . . .
48,564 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008
Dec 05, 2014 08:21 |  #21

Chet wrote in post #17313334external link
I know they are no longer relevant in the digital age. But has no one ever had to program a VCR?? :p Programming at it's finest! Now where's my collection of Mad about you tapes.

Oh and don't forget to make sure the tape was on LP, otherwise forget recording anything large...

SmugMugexternal link

Chet
41,649 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Dec 05, 2014 08:27 |  #22

Harm wrote in post #17313337external link
Oh and don't forget to make sure the tape was on LP, otherwise forget recording anything large...

LOL, that was confusing enough too. LP, EP and something else. Setting the clock on cars can be rewarding as well.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
My Gear List

Harm
48,564 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Dec 05, 2014 08:29 |  #23

Chet wrote in post #17313348external link
LOL, that was confusing enough too. LP, EP and something else. Setting the clock on cars can be rewarding as well.

Nothing like setting it all up to record, going out, coming home, and boom, you didn't get what you set out to record...

rewind
set up again for next time...

yes....rewind...

SmugMugexternal link

Chet
41,649 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Dec 05, 2014 08:35 |  #24

Harm wrote in post #17313352external link
Nothing like setting it all up to record, going out, coming home, and boom, you didn't get what you set out to record...

rewind
set up again for next time...

yes....rewind...

Or you could swear you programmed the channel for The Fall Guy and you wound up with Moonlighting instead. At least AMASS is intuitive!

My Gear List

Harm
48,564 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Dec 05, 2014 08:38 |  #25

Chet wrote in post #17313363external link
Or you could swear you programmed the channel for The Fall Guy and you wound up with Moonlighting instead. At least AMASS is intuitive!

The Fall Guy....

Colt Seavers. I loved watching that show.

SmugMugexternal link

Chet
41,649 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Dec 05, 2014 08:41 |  #26

Harm wrote in post #17313370external link
The Fall Guy....

I liked Howie Munson, how many things did he major in for 1 semester? And who could ever forget Jodi Banks, wow.

My Gear List

Mick ­ F
Baywatch and a box of Kleenex!
Joined May 2007
Co. Meath, Ireland
Dec 05, 2014 08:43 |  #27

Harm wrote in post #17313370external link
The Fall Guy....

I feel old -?

I'd completely forgotten that show, which is odd as I broke my ankle at 8 or 9 years old jumping off our garage roof with my mums umbrella for a parachute trying to copy Colt Seavers!

I have delusions of adequacy!

Harm
48,564 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Dec 05, 2014 08:48 |  #28

IMAGE: http://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/non-make/fe/fe_10221187_717.jpg

SmugMugexternal link

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
32,239 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Post has been last edited over 3 years ago by TeamSpeed. 3 edits done in total.
Dec 05, 2014 08:53 |  #29

I miss Manimal, Automan, Greatest American Hero, Shazam....and Land of the Lost (the original)....

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

Chet
41,649 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Dec 05, 2014 08:55 |  #30

Mick F wrote in post #17313378 (external link)
I feel old -?

I'd completely forgotten that show, which is odd as I broke my ankle at 8 or 9 years old jumping off our garage roof with my mums umbrella for a parachute trying to copy Colt Seavers!

Wow! That's motivation. Hope she got you a better umbrella. I wonder if I still have my Fall Guy board game at moms house?

IMAGE: http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic913982_md.jpg

My Gear List

sponsored links

11,236 views & 32 likes for this thread
Hate the new look...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.