Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk
Thread started 01 Dec 2014 (Monday) 19:41
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Bugs in AMASS

this thread is locked
Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
Joined Jan 2013
Out of the pack
Post has been last edited over 2 years ago by Reservoir Dog. 2 edits done in total.
Dec 06, 2014 09:49 |  #91

Image Conversion :

When i upload a B&W picture on POTN using the button "Upload Images" the conversion render the photo a lot more dark (a lot ...) .

When i use the Fetch function (to get the picture on 500px for example) it seem ok, the conversion look correct.

The issue is only with B&W pictures and uploaded from my computer (OSX 10.9 using FF), i tried on 3 different pictures that i erased (the conversion was too dark)

That's all for me :-D

BTW Pekka, Fantastic job on this new design, i just felt in love :love:

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

sponsored links
Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,238 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Mar 2001
Hellsinki, Finland
Dec 06, 2014 10:11 |  #92

Reservoir Dog wrote in post #17316016external link
Image Conversion :

When i upload a B&W picture on POTN using the button "Upload Images" the conversion render the photo a lot more dark (a lot ...) .

When i use the Fetch function (to get the picture on 500px for example) it seem ok, the conversion look correct.

The issue is only with B&W pictures and uploaded from my computer (OSX 10.9 using FF), i tried on 3 different pictures that i erased (the conversion was too dark)

That's all for me :-D

BTW Pekka, Fantastic job on this new design, i just felt in love :love:

I have investigated that b/w darkness and there is a fix (it's a gamma error), now I only have to reliably make the conversion know that the image is indeed b/w...

Frankly this bug is not on top of the list. Maybe in two weeks it will be.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 1.4 Changelog (installed here now)

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
Joined Jan 2013
Out of the pack
Dec 06, 2014 10:43 as a reply to Pekka's post |  #93

Thanks a lot for the quick answer,
Take all your time and some rest also ;) (i'm sure those past weeks might have been "heavy duty" weeks for you)

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

Lester ­ Wareham
Joined Jul 2005
Hampshire, UK
Dec 06, 2014 12:11 |  #94

melcat wrote in post #17310578external link
The login cookie isn't sticking on iOS. I choose "1 month" as the login period and when I come back the next day I've been logged out. This is with iOS 8.1.1 on an iPad.

It is likely the iPad had been rebooted and certain Safari had been restarted (well, crashed... it's iOS 8, getting two to five crashes per hour).

I am staying logged in on iOS8.1.1 on an iPhone 5s even after a reboot.

My Photography Home Page (external link) RSS Feed (external link)
Gear List
FAQ on UV and Clear Protective Filters
Macrophotography by LordV

joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,074 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Stuck@Coachella
Dec 06, 2014 12:48 |  #95

I'm running iOS 8.1.1 on iPad and iPhone 6
POTN looks stunning on both devices..
I've had no trouble since signing in and I have rebooted both..
Is it an older iPad not playing well with the new iOS perhaps?

joayne Contribute to POTN | Where's Nifty?! #2 | List | Worldwide Photo Week

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,238 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Mar 2001
Hellsinki, Finland
Dec 06, 2014 16:40 |  #96

joayne wrote in post #17316362external link
I'm running iOS 8.1.1 on iPad and iPhone 6
POTN looks stunning on both devices..
I've had no trouble since signing in and I have rebooted both..
Is it an older iPad not playing well with the new iOS perhaps?

I have only iPad 2 to test with and it has worked great. The original iPad is probably a lousy experience as it does not have the later Safari and iOS updates.

One problem with iOS8 Safari I encountered a while ago that if you come to a site first time unlogged and after you log in, when clicking back link the Safari would sometimes pick that very old unlogged page from the cache, and you appear to be unlogged even if you are logged in. I redid some caching instructions in AMASS which fixed that behavior in my knowledge but that could be the reason. So, if you come back next day on iPad and you seem to be logged out, refresh the page first.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 1.4 Changelog (installed here now)

joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,074 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Stuck@Coachella
Dec 06, 2014 16:58 |  #97

You are doing fantastic work Pekka!
... And you have amazing patience ;)

joayne Contribute to POTN | Where's Nifty?! #2 | List | Worldwide Photo Week

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,628 posts
Joined Dec 2006
Dec 06, 2014 20:19 |  #98

Just letting you know that now none of the 'following" threads are showing up for me. I have no notifications of any kind anymore even though when I click on the "New and Followed" there has clearly been new posts to those threads I am following, that I have not seen or read.

melcat
Goldmember
1,122 posts
Joined Nov 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Post has been last edited over 2 years ago by melcat. 6 edits done in total.
Dec 07, 2014 00:47 |  #99

Pekka wrote in post #17316775external link
I have only iPad 2 to test with and it has worked great. ... One problem with iOS8 Safari I encountered a while ago that if you come to a site first time unlogged and after you log in, when clicking back link the Safari would sometimes pick that very old unlogged page from the cache, and you appear to be unlogged even if you are logged in. I redid some caching instructions in AMASS which fixed that behavior in my knowledge but that could be the reason. So, if you come back next day on iPad and you seem to be logged out, refresh the page first.

I' just shut down and rebooted my iPad to test this, and indeed that did log me out from POTN. Refreshing the page doesn't fix it. (Restart of the iPad was at 06:22 UTC 7 Dec if you want to go looking for session timestamps.)

I can confirm it isn't due to Safari crashing because I figured out what sites were crashing it, stopped going there, and didn't have any crashes in that instance of iOS. Nor is it Safari having to reload pages due to low memory as I've had plenty of that with no problems. (It's an iPad3, which has 1GB, and the only iOS device with more is the iPad Air 2, which has 2GB.)

In my Safari settings I have "Block Cookies" set to "Allow from Websites I Visit", which is the default. This means Safari will accept a cookie from a web site I visit or have visited, but not some other hidden domain. It's Apple's way of defeating ad trackers. This is where I'd be looking for a bug: perhaps there's a session login cookie for POTN and the permanent login cookie is for some other domain. Sorry, I don't have details on how exactly Apple define "another domain", e.g. subdomain.

2n10
Cream of the Crop
16,989 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Joined Sep 2012
Sparks, Nevada, USA
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by 2n10.
Dec 07, 2014 09:10 as a reply to post 17313555 |  #100

I have the same Error 67 message as you Steve. Must be a quirk of PB code? BTW I am using Firefox 33 IIRC.

John
Equipment
My Portfolio (external link)

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,146 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by Wilt.
Dec 07, 2014 14:03 as a reply to post 17314499 |  #101

After one day of testing, I seem to be finding some degree of consistency that Editor issues arise while using IE11, but not seeing the same problems while using Chrome. Will continue to test for a week and report back if this pattern persists.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
Joined Apr 2008
Milo's Meadow - Bloom County
Dec 07, 2014 14:07 |  #102

Wilt wrote in post #17318622external link
After one day of testing, I seem to be finding some degree of consistency that Editor issues arise while using IE11, but not seeing the same problems while using Chrome. Will continue to test for a week and report back if this pattern persists.

Good to know. We'll look forward to your report next week.

Tim

Flickr external link

Nighthound
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2007
Dec 07, 2014 15:43 |  #103

2n10 wrote in post #17318094external link
I have the same Error 67 message as you Steve. Must be a quirk of PB code? BTW I am using Firefox 33 IIRC.

I'm using Safari. I posted some Eagle photos yesterday evening that are my first posted since the switch to AMASS and I'm still getting the Error 67 message.

Steve
Canon Gear: 1D Mark IV | 1D Mark II | 5D | 20D | 500L IS (f/4) | 100-400L
My Astro Gallery http://s3.photobucket.​com ...7/Nighthd/POTN%20Ga​llery/external link

2n10
Cream of the Crop
16,989 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Joined Sep 2012
Sparks, Nevada, USA
Dec 07, 2014 21:54 as a reply to Nighthound's post |  #104

OK, if you are posting a link to the body you can not add to your gallery. If you post the link into the fetch box you must remove the "~original" from the url but you can not get the EXIF read and must enter it manually so you can save to your gallery.

This is a bug in my mind but may also be caused by something put in place by Photobucket.

John
Equipment
My Portfolio (external link)

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
Joined Jan 2013
Out of the pack
Post has been last edited over 2 years ago by Reservoir Dog. 4 edits done in total.
Dec 08, 2014 03:13 |  #105

2n10 wrote in post #17319500 (external link)
OK, if you are posting a link to the body you can not add to your gallery. If you post the link into the fetch box you must remove the "~original" from the url but you can not get the EXIF read and must enter it manually so you can save to your gallery.

This is a bug in my mind but may also be caused by something put in place by Photobucket.

It's not a bug, photobuket might stripe the exif ?
i use 500px because i know that they don't stripe the exif ;)

here a "funny" example ;)
(the exif are not stripped at all, and AMASS read it very well from 500px, i use the button "try to extract ...etc .." and now it's in my gallery, you can check ;) )

IMAGE: https://ppcdn.500px.org/88609491/bae50b37382b0b2d5887652eba660649bad0ba04/5.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: http://500px.com/photo​/88609491/] (external link)
Valve Relief (external link) by Patrice Laborda (external link) on 500px

sponsored links

41,595 views & 16 likes for this thread
Bugs in AMASS
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.