Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch
Thread started 17 Dec 2014 (Wednesday) 16:42
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Did You Get Your Free Warranty From Adorama (New Leaf)?

justgr8
44 posts
Joined May 2006
SoCal
Dec 17, 2014 16:42 |  #1

Did you get your free one year New Leaf warranty from Adorama? I purchased a camera bundle from Adorama that included a free 1 year warranty from New Leaf and it's been over 14 days since I've purchased it and still nothing. Looking on Amazon (Adorama sells through them) I've noticed reviews saying they didn't receive the warranty and it was a big hassle trying to get it , has anyone else experienced this? I bought directly from Adorama and have sent emails and still nothing. With pricing being equal between Adorama and B&H this swayed me to Adorama, did I get the big bait and switch?

sponsored links
HelenOster
That's me!
4,311 posts
Joined Jul 2008
New York
Dec 17, 2014 16:54 |  #2

justgr8 wrote in post #17338375external link
Did you get your free one year New Leaf warranty from Adorama? I purchased a camera bundle from Adorama that included a free 1 year warranty from New Leaf and it's been over 14 days since I've purchased it and still nothing. Looking on Amazon (Adorama sells through them) I've noticed reviews saying they didn't receive the warranty and it was a big hassle trying to get it , has anyone else experienced this? I bought directly from Adorama and have sent emails and still nothing. With pricing being equal between Adorama and B&H this swayed me to Adorama, did I get the big bait and switch?

No, you didn't get 'bait & switch'....what you got was staff drowning under sheer weight of orders during the busiest fortnight of the retail year!

I take it you haven't contacted Adorama CS to enquire about this? So, if you would like to email me: Helen@adorama.com, I wwill chase New Leaf in the morning to find out why they didn't send your email

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOsterexternal link
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/external link

dadgummit
977 posts
Joined Nov 2008
Dec 17, 2014 17:42 as a reply to HelenOster's post |  #3

Fear not, You have their best person on it now. I had an issue just a week ago and Helen took care of it in less than a business day.

My Humble Gear List
I shutter to think how many people are underexposed and lacking depth in this field.Rick Steves

justgr8
THREAD ­ STARTER
44 posts
Joined May 2006
SoCal
Dec 17, 2014 17:56 |  #4

HelenOster wrote in post #17338395external link
No, you didn't get 'bait & switch'....what you got was staff drowning under sheer weight of orders during the busiest fortnight of the retail year!

I take it you haven't contacted Adorama CS to enquire about this? So, if you would like to email me: Helen@adorama.com, I wwill chase New Leaf in the morning to find out why they didn't send your email

I bought the bundle over the Thanksgiving weekend and I did email Adorama CS about the issue so my concern increased as the month progressed. Thanks for your quick reply and personal interest, you do make buying from Adorama nicer.

samsen
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006
LA
Dec 17, 2014 18:03 |  #5

justgr8 wrote in post #17338472external link
I bought the bundle over the Thanksgiving weekend and I did email Adorama CS about the issue so my concern increased as the month progressed. Thanks for your quick reply and personal interest, you do make buying from Adorama nicer.

That is the exact reason why I am no more buying anything from Adorama. When the deal is good and hot, with every purchase, if it gets through, you have to find a mediator to get things right. Why can't Adorama be like B&H or BuyDig?

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

HelenOster
That's me!
4,311 posts
Joined Jul 2008
New York
Dec 21, 2014 05:08 |  #6

samsen wrote in post #17338481external link
That is the exact reason why I am no more buying anything from Adorama. When the deal is good and hot, with every purchase, if it gets through, you have to find a mediator to get things right.

I'm not 'a mediator'! I'm here to provide additional support and back-up to forum users. Especially during the period from Thanksgiving thru to early January, when sales traffic is potentially up 4-fold, issues can slip by.

However, the issue reported by the OP has NOTHING to do with any inefficiency or failure on Adorama's part. the New Leaf warranty is supplied by...........New Leaf. an email was apparently sent t the OP but he didn't receive it. I contacted New Leaf, and it was sent again, problem resolved

[BTW, B&H also provides online support....]

I apologise if I sound 'bristly' but I am a good person, doing a good job. If you don't want to order from Adorama, that's your decision, but I fail to see how your comment adds anything of value to the discussion.

Helen@adorama.com

justgr8
THREAD ­ STARTER
44 posts
Joined May 2006
SoCal
Dec 22, 2014 17:42 |  #7

I'm very happy with how Helen handled my problem, and on reflection in this day and age of automated, farmed out, circular customer service, her actions were very rare indeed! I'll continue to buy from Adorama where I know that they have someone who gave me personalized attention and a resolution to my problem.

bigcountry
Goldmember
4,476 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Louisville, KY
Dec 22, 2014 23:36 |  #8

what did you buy from them?

Louisville Kentucky Wedding Photographerexternal link
Travel the World and Photographexternal link
Find me on Facebookexternal link

justgr8
THREAD ­ STARTER
44 posts
Joined May 2006
SoCal
Dec 23, 2014 22:04 as a reply to bigcountry's post |  #9

I bought the Sony A6000 bundle

JJD.Photography
Goldmember
1,409 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Toronto
Dec 26, 2014 13:00 |  #10

I didn't get a free warranty. I purchased a 7D2 bundle package over the phone (07 DEC) and was offered a 3 year extended warranty for $25. However, I have been charged $79.95 for this and in the process of having this cancelled. I just sent my 2nd cancellation request through Adorama's web site.

His And Her Photographs (external link)
flickr (external link)

JJD.Photography
Goldmember
1,409 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Toronto
Dec 26, 2014 18:06 |  #11

JJD.Photography wrote in post #17351516external link
I didn't get a free warranty. I purchased a 7D2 bundle package over the phone (07 DEC) and was offered a 3 year extended warranty for $25. However, I have been charged $79.95 for this and in the process of having this cancelled. I just sent my 2nd cancellation request through Adorama's web site.

I received a response stating the order could not be modified due to already being shipped. This really pisses me off as I was told one price and charged another. Does Adorama record their phone calls?

flickr (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,311 posts
Joined Jul 2008
New York
Dec 31, 2014 05:02 |  #12

JJD.Photography wrote in post #17351894external link
I received a response stating the order could not be modified due to already being shipped. This really pisses me off as I was told one price and charged another. Does Adorama record their phone calls?

Can you email me with your order number: Helen@adorama.com and I'll do my best to help

Helen@adorama.com

samsen
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006
LA
Jan 08, 2015 08:45 as a reply to HelenOster's post |  #13

Hi Helen.
No I never questioned you and I always believed Helen is "A good person" if not the Best person on this site with affiliation with a major seller. In fact I have been witnessing your presence here has helped many.
If you remember, you did contacted me several years back thanking me for being a supporter of Adorama.
However as I have said it several times, in recent past years something has happened with Adorama, not sure if management is changed etc but the current Adorama is not the one that it used to be. Based on my attempt of purchase about One year and 1 months back, and the extend of disrespect I had from Adorama, I will never buy from Adorama again.
Bottom line: You are not Adorama and I wish Adorama was anything close to what Helen is.
Having said that I have been a loyal and very happy customer of BuyDig, B&H, Telescopes.net since then and hard to even look back.

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

oldbelcher
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Jan 2015
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by oldbelcher.
Jan 21, 2015 13:12 |  #14

I'm having the same problem. Called Adorama five times without any result. The customer service rep I spoke with last gave me the New Leaf phone number. I called and left a message. A representative called me back later that day. I explained that I had not received e-mail confirmation about the warranty that came with my bundle purchase. He said to fax him a copy of the original invoice and a cover sheet with my request and contact info. I did as he requested and have not heard anything from them. My original purchase date was 12/30/14. It's now 1/21/15. Certainly I've waited long enough. Everyone has been very nice and apologetic, but not at all responsible. My patience is wearing very thin to say the least. I'll try calling New Leaf again and see what happens. It's my sincere wish that I'll never have to use the warranty. I can't imagine what a nightmare that would be.

Thanks to Helen, I now have the New Leaf contracts I've been waiting for. It took a couple of days and probably a lot of time and patience on her part. I truly appreciate what she accomplished. If anyone has a similar problem, she's definitely the person to contact. Thanks again.

JJD.Photography
Goldmember
1,409 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Toronto
Jan 23, 2015 12:43 |  #15

HelenOster wrote in post #17358658external link
Can you email me with your order number: Helen@adorama.com and I'll do my best to help

Hi Helen,
I just saw your reply last night and sent an e-mail with the order number.
Thank you for any help you can offer.

flickr (external link)

sponsored links

4,196 views & 4 likes for this thread
Did You Get Your Free Warranty From Adorama (New Leaf)?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.