Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Flash Reviews
Thread started 11 Jan 2015 (Sunday) 15:06
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Canon Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX, reviewed by racketman

TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND racketman (showing now: racketman)
Overall Ratingn/a
not rated
Value for Moneyn/a
not rated
Must Haven/a
not rated
Got What I Expectedn/a
not rated
Metering Accuracyn/a
not rated
User-interfacen/a
not rated
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for detailed specs and sample photos.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Canon Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX

racketman
Cream of the Crop
20,642 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Oct 2005
Richmond Surrey
Jan 11, 2015 15:06 |  #1

disappointing out of the box, needs lots of diffusion, but once that is taken care of it is the best flash for close up macro ie when shooting at ranges of 6" or less. Fragile, mine has had two expensive repairs.

Toby
6D, 80D, 100D & Olympus EM-1 MKII
Flickr collections (external link)
Gear

ceriltheblade
Goldmember
2,474 posts
Joined Mar 2007
middle east
Jan 22, 2015 09:42 |  #2

Racketman - which repairs and how long after you got it did you need the repair?
I had a chance to buy a second hand one...and the reports on this board about problems with it caused me to hesitate.

I am still seeing if I need this rather than just an arm...
though it seems to be more streamlined for use....

7D/5dIII
50 1.8 II, MP-E65, 85 II, 100 IS
8-15 FE, 10-22, 16-35 IS, 24-105, 70-200 f4IS, 100-400 ii, tamron 28-75 2.8
600 ex-rt, 055xproB/488rc2/Sirui k40x, kenko extens tubes

GPFocussed
583 posts
Joined Jan 2009
Canada
Feb 07, 2015 22:58 |  #3

Sorry to hear about your problems racketman. I've had mine for a few years and although I don't use it much I really enjoy using it when it does come out. Regarding diffusion, I picked up some Stofen diffusers to diffuse mine but I've heard that they are a bit of an arts and crafts project to install. I'll try to remember to report back when I do get them installed.

[URL="http://photograp​hy-on-the.net/forum/Gear List"][URL="http://pho​tography-on-the.net/forum/showpost​.php?p=9541640&postcou​nt=2194"]Gear List

Windsun33
138 posts
Joined Mar 2012
Phoenix AZ
May 20, 2015 11:42 |  #4

I don't use mine a lot outdoors when traipsing around bug hunting and the like, but that is mainly because of the bulk and extra weight it adds. Had no problems with mine, but if I had it to do over again, for outdoor macro I would probably go with a light LED ringflash or light.

Canon EOS 6D, EOS 70D | Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM, EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM | Canon Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX, Speedlite 600EX-RT

3,757 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX, reviewed by racketman
FORUMS Gear Reviews Flash Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.