Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings
Thread started 09 Feb 2015 (Monday) 12:51
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Lost in time

Marc451814882
129 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Feb 09, 2015 12:51 |  #1

IMAGE: http://marcsdigitals.be/CanonForum/Architecture/R20B5352c.jpg
Old farmhouse of tenant farmer in the Netherlands.

Thank you for your time.

Marc

5d-mkIII - 7d and some glass
Have a nice day...

sponsored links
EKOEPP
Joined Sep 2012
Atlanta GA
Feb 09, 2015 22:56 |  #2

That's great

Canon MarkII 5D * Canon 70-200mm f/4L * Canon 17-40mm f/4L * Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II * Canon 50mm f/1.8 * Venus 60mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro

rgs
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2007
Oklahoma City
Feb 10, 2015 17:40 |  #3

Boy. Nature does reclaim it's own doesn't it? I don't think I have ever seen one quite as overgrown. If it's not far from you, getting seasonal changes could be interesting.

Canon 7d MkII, Canon 50D, Pentax 67, Canon 30D, Baker Custom 4x5, Canon EF 24-104mm f4, Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC

The Singular Image (external link)Richard Smith Photography (external link)
Richard Smith Real Estate Photography (external link)500PX (external link)
Fine Art America (external link)

Alveric
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2011
Canada
Feb 10, 2015 20:27 |  #4

Yea, amazing subject.

'The success of the second-rate is deplorable in itself; but it is more deplorable in that it very often obscures the genuine masterpiece. If the crowd runs after the false, it must neglect the true.' —Arthur Machen
Why 'The Histogram' Sux (external link)

Marc451814882
THREAD ­ STARTER
129 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Feb 11, 2015 08:22 |  #5

Thank you gentleman for your comments.

EKOEPP wrote in post #17424752 (external link)
That's great

rgs wrote in post #17425963 (external link)
Boy. Nature does reclaim it's own doesn't it? I don't think I have ever seen one quite as overgrown. If it's not far from you, getting seasonal changes could be interesting.

Alveric wrote in post #17426206 (external link)
Yea, amazing subject.

After all this old farmhouse is standing in an other country as where I live. But it has a strong attraction to me. Everytime being in the neighborhood I stop or passing by to see the progress nature achieves.
Passing by in wintertime when the wind is a mourning whisper on the surrounding desolate landscape it seems like the past is comming alive. Sometimes it seems as the ghosts of a poor farmers family are still present. Probably to much imagination :-)

Since RGS speaks about different seasons I found in my archive some images from 2008. Unfortunally at that time It whas the first year I worked digitally and they are made in jpeg.

(2008)

IMAGE: http://marcsdigitals.be/CanonForum/Architecture/IMG_4017a.jpg

(2008)
IMAGE: http://marcsdigitals.be/CanonForum/Architecture/43_44_45a.jpg

(2008)
IMAGE: http://marcsdigitals.be/CanonForum/Architecture/IMG_4025a.jpg

(2008)
IMAGE: http://marcsdigitals.be/CanonForum/Architecture/IMG_4019a.jpg

(2012)
IMAGE: http://marcsdigitals.be/CanonForum/Architecture/_MG_2735a.jpg

Marc

5d-mkIII - 7d and some glass
Have a nice day...

rgs
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2007
Oklahoma City
Feb 11, 2015 12:46 |  #6

There is a farm by a road in SW Oklahoma that I used to travel frequently. There was a very similar house in the middle of a field that the current farmers used for growing crops and a more modern house on the edge of the field. I could imagine that the farm was still in the same family and that the old house was left standing because it reminded the family of an earlier time or previous generations. That house would change greatly with the seasons and I have a few photographs of it - none very good because it was just too far away to explore properly.

The last time I was by there, it looked like the newer house was also closed up. I guess another generation had passed and the farm had changed hands. The old house was little more than a pile of rubble and the field did not seem to be being used.

But then, as you said, perhaps too much imagination. Such a scene conjures up all kinds of thoughts.

Canon 7d MkII, Canon 50D, Pentax 67, Canon 30D, Baker Custom 4x5, Canon EF 24-104mm f4, Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC

The Singular Image (external link)Richard Smith Photography (external link)
Richard Smith Real Estate Photography (external link)500PX (external link)
Fine Art America (external link)

sponsored links

1,793 views & 1 like for this thread
Lost in time
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.