Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings
Thread started 29 Jan 2015 (Thursday) 18:32
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Hello all, looking for some recommendations for lighting. (Real Estate Photo Shoots)

hardflipfive_0
256 posts
Joined Feb 2011
Quebec, Canada
Feb 09, 2015 10:22 |  #16
banned

what is your plan on adding fill-light to the places ? unbrellas ?

nice work BTW !!

| 5D mk ii | 70-200 f4L IS USM | 100 f2.8 | 50 f1.4 | SMC Takumar 28 f3.5 | 270EX FOR SALE | 580ex ii's

PVTLLC
THREAD ­ STARTER
20 posts
Joined Sep 2014
Feb 10, 2015 15:01 |  #17

hardflipfive_0 wrote in post #17423542external link
what is your plan on adding fill-light to the places ? unbrellas ?

nice work BTW !!

Yes umbrellas and possibly boxes. Learning the correct placement of the lights at the moment. We've used our constant light for bouncing off walls, ceilings etc but not powerful enough to help with the window exposures. We will also be using them with the boxes for smaller jobs like, planes, cars etc if needed. Product pics as well if the call is ever needed. Basically the Enfuse program is good enough for blown out windows, but certain areas Id like lit up more. And I would like crisper color breaks. Lots to learn but very eager to learn it!

Thank you.

Alveric
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2011
Canada
Feb 10, 2015 15:19 |  #18

And strobes would allow you to lose those muddy areas of the images.

'The success of the second-rate is deplorable in itself; but it is more deplorable in that it very often obscures the genuine masterpiece. If the crowd runs after the false, it must neglect the true.' —Arthur Machen
Why 'The Histogram' Sux (external link)

rgs
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2007
Oklahoma City
Feb 10, 2015 15:29 |  #19

With flashes on low power and mounted on the little stand that comes with many of them, you can hide them behind things and fill those dark places in an otherwise enfused image. The Yonguno 560II is the perfect choice for this job. It is a high power manual flash that is easily adjustable to very low power and it's very inexpensive so you can buy several and place them wherever need. They have built in optical slaves (great for real estate because there's no one else to trip your slave) as well as radio slaves - if you want to use Yongnuo's transmitter. It's a really great choice. Here's a link: http://www.bhphotovide​o.com ...yn_560_iii_speedlit​e.htmlexternal link

Canon 7d MkII, Canon 50D, Pentax 67, Canon 30D, Baker Custom 4x5, Canon EF 24-104mm f4, Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC

The Singular Image (external link)Richard Smith Photography (external link)
Richard Smith Real Estate Photography (external link)500PX (external link)
Fine Art America (external link)

PVTLLC
THREAD ­ STARTER
20 posts
Joined Sep 2014
Feb 11, 2015 17:04 |  #20

Thanks guys, appreciate the info once again.

rgs - before I respond, ask questions about what you wrote with the other flash I need to brush up on some terms and what certain features are for to make sure that light can work for other shoots than realty! If you have the time, can you PM me please? I tried to PM you but I do not have enough posts yet. For the tips you already have giving us I feel I owe you a dinner! And you keep on helping which means a lot to us. Everyone had to start somewhere and for the realty photo shoot part this is our start and I appreciate you and everyone else of course taking time out of your day to help us.

Again, thanks everyone :)

3,586 views & 3 likes for this thread
Hello all, looking for some recommendations for lighting. (Real Estate Photo Shoots)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.