Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Other Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 01 Feb 2008 (Friday) 11:21
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

What do you think will be the next great leap in photography technology?

calypsob
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2012
Roanoke Virginia
Jan 25, 2015 17:34 |  #151

gjl711 wrote in post #17397593external link
There is rumoring that the next Canon sensor is going to use a modified Foveon setup with the sensor built by Sony.

Thats awesome, the a7s is a beast. Now what happened to all the chatter about these graphene sensors? Im sure that will blow our minds when the time comes. Also, i have always thought a 3 point selectable hdr would be cool, so select the highlighhts, mid tones and shadows to get a proper hdr exposure. Twould be nice.

Wes
-----------
flickr (external link)
Gear: Many gears Yes.

sponsored links
J ­ Michael
Joined Feb 2010
Atlanta
Jan 31, 2015 15:55 |  #152

I predicted organic sensors a few years ago and that actually might be around the corner now http://www.extremetech​.com ...atter-cmos-imaging-limitsexternal link

BearSummer
918 posts
Joined Jul 2003
South East UK
Feb 02, 2015 00:33 |  #153

gjl711 wrote in post #17395345external link
I'm not getting what you are trying to accomplish. Adding a bunch of underexposed images together does not get you the same thing as one longer exposure.

What I'm trying to achieve is a 7 exposure 1 stop interval hdr image whose data is captured in one single exposure. A workaround of the dr issue by automatically creating a hdr in camera.

BearSummer

Moderation is for people that can't handle excess.

Gear List.

Mark0159
I say stupid things all the time
12,717 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Mar 2003
Hamilton, New Zealand
Feb 02, 2015 02:12 |  #154

gjl711 wrote in post #17397593external link
There is rumoring that the next Canon sensor is going to use a modified Foveon setup with the sensor built by Sony.

I think that rumour is as old as the 3D rumour

Mark
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/52782633@N04 (external link)
Canon EOS 6D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD | Canon Speedlite 550EX -|- Film | Canon EOS 3 | Olympus OM2 | Zuiko 35mm f2

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,238 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Mar 2001
Hellsinki, Finland
Feb 10, 2015 15:34 |  #155

My bet is that smartphones/tablets will get a dual/3D lens system with one shot depth map info that the system can then use emulate shallow DoF really well in real time and also after shoot.

On Android you can do that manually pretty well with lens blur mode: http://googleresearch.​blogspot.fi ...ew-google-camera-app.htmlexternal link

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 1.4 Changelog (installed here now)

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
47,710 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by CyberDyneSystems.
Feb 14, 2015 14:14 |  #156

BearSummer wrote in post #17411200external link
What I'm trying to achieve is a 7 exposure 1 stop interval hdr image whose data is captured in one single exposure. A workaround of the dr issue by automatically creating a hdr in camera.

BearSummer

Seems totally plausible as you suggest by simply having the RAW processor take the one image and applying 7 different ISO values to it. Cool.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

sponsored links

32,588 views & 1 like for this thread
What do you think will be the next great leap in photography technology?
FORUMS News & Rumors Other Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.