Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Flash Reviews
Thread started 19 May 2015 (Tuesday) 12:16
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Canon Speedlite 270EX II, reviewed by GeoKras1989

TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND GeoKras1989 (showing now: GeoKras1989)
Overall Rating9.5
Value for Money9.5
Must Have9.5
Got What I Expected9.5
Metering Accuracy9.5
User-interface9.5
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for detailed specs and sample photos.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Canon Speedlite 270EX II

GeoKras1989
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2014
May 19, 2015 12:16 |  #1
banned

I am completely amazed by this little flash. If you need swivel, look elsewhere, but it does elevation to 90 degrees. I thought it may be underpowered for general use, but it is not. It easily handles bounce off of normal (8') ceilings in moderate-sized to large rooms. My living room is 21' and this flash covers it nicely with bounce. My G15 will do f/2.8, so I can get by with ISO 400-800 in large rooms. On the 60D, if I stop down to f/5.6 or smaller, I have to go to ISO 1600. That is not a problem; I regularly use ISO 1600 with flash on the 60D. I got this flash used for $100. It was worth every penny. My 430EX II may never get used on-camera again. I have a 580EX II for when I need more power, or a 3-group master. Oh, and the 270EX II performs nicely as a Group A (only choice) off-camera unit. Not swiveling hampers it a bit, though. It also does 2nd curtain and HSS. The 270EX II is a very good value flash unit.

WARNING: I often dispense advice in fields I know little about!

Al ­ Rohrer
Joined Apr 2003
Farmington, MO
Jun 15, 2015 10:05 |  #2

I concur. When I travel light, with G1X MkII or 5D MkII, the 270 EX II works fine. It's not a 580 or 580 II, but it's small, light and works.

Canon Shooter and PSCS5 on a PC.

2,654 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon Speedlite 270EX II, reviewed by GeoKras1989
FORUMS Gear Reviews Flash Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.