Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 01 May 2014 (Thursday) 12:12
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

The quadra killer AKA Cheetahstand CL-600

Whortleberry
Goldmember
1,717 posts
Joined Dec 2011
Yorkshire, England
May 14, 2015 16:30 |  #451

mmmfotografie wrote in post #17556345external link
You can put a heavier bolt/screw in or get a spigot with a flat side. If you are working in really windy situations you can use lines like for a tent for the down corners of the softbox and the top of the lightstand.

Nice, bright orange paracord or shockcord works well and saves that tiny bit of base-over-apex-gymnastics when you (inevitably) trip over the guyline. Mind you, this is one way of differentiating between mere amateurs and consummate professionals - the professional will always save the camera-in-hand at the expense of themselves (Yep, done that as well - had the bruises to prove it :oops: )

Phil ǁ Kershaw Soho Reflex: 4¼" Ross Xpres, 6½" Aldis, Super XX/ABC Pyro in 24 DDS, HP3/Meritol Metol in RFH, Johnson 'Scales' brand flash powder. Kodak Duo Six-20/Verichrome Pan. Other odd bits over the decades, simply to get the job done - not merely to polish and brag about cos I'm too mean to buy the polish!
FlickR (external link) ◄► "The Other Yongnuo User Guide v4.12" by Clive Bolton (external link) ◄► UK Railway Photographs 1906-79 (external link)

sponsored links
abbadon31
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
SOCAL
May 14, 2015 18:48 |  #452

mmmfotografie wrote in post #17556361external link
Hail hail to the beta testers.....and now on a serious note. Thanks to beta testers input and also from numerous owners of this kit Godox improved this flash kit.

Godox send them out with their stock parts. Cheetahstand changes out the handles and knobs with metal version, thus the reason for my answer. The godox head comes with a plastic handle (non ratchet) and plastic star screw spigot lock screw. Edward has them changed out in the warehouse to all metal with a ratchet handle.

I AM SHOM

mmmfotografie
Goldmember
2,030 posts
Joined Jul 2013
Utrecht Netherlands
May 15, 2015 06:01 |  #453

abbadon31 wrote in post #17556697external link
Godox send them out with their stock parts. Cheetahstand changes out the handles and knobs with metal version, thus the reason for my answer. The godox head comes with a plastic handle (non ratchet) and plastic star screw spigot lock screw. Edward has them changed out in the warehouse to all metal with a ratchet handle.

Godox is saving at the wrong end and I would the shop I am buying with to replace those for really usable knobs and handles at no expense for me. Star nobs are only usable to hold umbrellas.

mmmfotografie : portfolio (external link) | ModelMayhem profile (external link)

jwillieafghan
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Feb 2015
May 15, 2015 12:19 |  #454

true true.... good to know the CL-600 does not have this weakness :)

-m ./

jwillieafghan
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Feb 2015
May 15, 2015 12:20 as a reply to post 17556345 |  #455

thank you for the good info :) great ideas

-m ./

jwillieafghan
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Feb 2015
May 15, 2015 12:22 as a reply to post 17556578 |  #456

wow... thanks for the killer/ detailed info ./ good stuff

-m ./

jwillieafghan
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Feb 2015
May 15, 2015 12:36 as a reply to Whortleberry's post |  #457

Yes, I'm in the Army so I was thinking of using 5-50 chord./ which is thin and strong./ once pulled a HUMVEE out of a ditch with 5-50 chord

-m ./

studio460
Joined May 2015
Los Angeles USA
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by studio460.
Jun 02, 2015 04:23 |  #458

Okay, I've read this entire thread twice now. Interesting stuff. My thanks to Scott for all the field research and beta testing he's done. As I mentioned in the Elinchrom thread, I just received my Quadra Li-ion 'S' head and ECO ringflash set-up tonight. Among other things, I was looking for the ultimate in portability in a 400Ws unit, and I think this satisfiies that requirement. I used to lug around a Dynalite Uni400Jr and a 26-lb Dynalite inverter to produce 400Ws in the field, so the Quadra will be a welcome tool. The CL-600 certainly looks interesting, and I'll definitely be following users' experiences with it here once the product begins shipping. As always Scott, excellent photographic examples!

LEARN LIGHT LIGHTBASICS.COM (external link)

abbadon31
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
SOCAL
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by abbadon31.
Jun 02, 2015 09:01 |  #459

studio460 wrote in post #17580734external link
Okay, I've read this entire thread twice now. Interesting stuff. My thanks to Scott for all the field research and beta testing he's done. As I mentioned in the Elinchrom thread, I just received my Quadra Li-ion 'S' head and ECO ringflash set-up tonight. Among other things, I was looking for the ultimate in portability in a 400Ws unit, and I think this satisfiies that requirement. I used to lug around a Dynalite Uni400Jr and a 26-lb Dynalite inverter to produce 400Ws in the field, so the Quadra will be a welcome tool. The CL-600 certainly looks interesting, and I'll definitely be following users' experiences with it here once the product begins shipping. As always Scott, excellent photographic examples!

Just to bring this up to date. There is nothing wrong with the old and the new quadras, but for the price and power the Cl-600 was my choice. Yes you can use 2 head in one pack on the quadras, but you get a 3:1 ratio. Yes you can move second one in closer to get a 1:1 then its to close to my framing for me. Then you have to spend extra money on adapters to mount large modifiers $$$.

The Cl-600 I can buy 5 units and use 1:1 ratio on each pack and not be limited by cable length or have to buy a special adapter to mount large modifiers.

The Quadra's do have more features, but i never used them anyway, and I don't miss selling my quadra A/S kits.

I AM SHOM

amirg
Joined Apr 2012
Ontario, Canada
Jun 02, 2015 09:47 |  #460

abbadon31 wrote in post #17580968external link
Just to bring this up to date. There is nothing wrong with the old and the new quadras, but for the price and power the Cl-600 was my choice. Yes you can use 2 head in one pack on the quadras, but you get a 3:1 ratio. Yes you can move second one in closer to get a 1:1 then its to close to my framing for me. Then you have to spend extra money on adapters to mount large modifiers $$$.

The Cl-600 I can buy 5 units and use 1:1 ratio on each pack and not be limited by cable length or have to buy a special adapter to mount large modifiers.

The Quadra's do have more features, but i never used them anyway, and I don't miss selling my quadra A/S kits.

Haven't been following the thread lately. Is this still limited to 1/32 as its lowest power level?

http://www.twilightand​tulle.com (external link)
Facebook (external link)

abbadon31
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
SOCAL
Jun 02, 2015 09:50 |  #461

amirg wrote in post #17581012external link
Haven't been following the thread lately. Is this still limited to 1/32 as its lowest power level?

Yes
Its not often I need less then what when using a softbox or umbrella, but if I do I use the 360.

I AM SHOM

Nismode
Goldmember
1,609 posts
Joined Apr 2010
NYC
Jun 02, 2015 11:11 |  #462

How much longer until release? It seems like forever I've been waiting. The improvements over the regular ES-600p, while great, not sure if it's worth missing out on use for so long. Or is it? What are the main improvements?

flickr (external link)|ModelMayhem (external link)|Instagram (external link)
6D|80D|EOS M5|Mavic Pro
EF-M 22 f/2|EF-M 15-45 IS|Rokinon 12 f/2 (EF-M)|Rokinon 50 f/1.2 (EF-M)
Σ18-35 f/1.8 Art|17-40 f/4L|50 f/1.8 STM|Σ85|100L
Godox AD-600|Godox AD-200|V860 II (x2)|TT350c
Everything's for sale for the right price ;)

abbadon31
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
SOCAL
Jun 02, 2015 11:34 |  #463

Nismode wrote in post #17581121external link
How much longer until release? It seems like forever I've been waiting. The improvements over the regular ES-600p, while great, not sure if it's worth missing out on use for so long. Or is it? What are the main improvements?

Updated the circuits from E1 errors / new battery system / new improvements on the head. Much more stable unit then the old version.

I AM SHOM

Nismode
Goldmember
1,609 posts
Joined Apr 2010
NYC
Jun 02, 2015 13:51 |  #464

abbadon31 wrote in post #17581154external link
Updated the circuits from E1 errors / new battery system / new improvements on the head. Much more stable unit then the old version.

So, what's the latest word on a actual shipping/release date? I've been following this since last year, literally lol. Why do the beta testers get to have all the fun :-p

flickr (external link)|ModelMayhem (external link)|Instagram (external link)
6D|80D|EOS M5|Mavic Pro
EF-M 22 f/2|EF-M 15-45 IS|Rokinon 12 f/2 (EF-M)|Rokinon 50 f/1.2 (EF-M)
Σ18-35 f/1.8 Art|17-40 f/4L|50 f/1.8 STM|Σ85|100L
Godox AD-600|Godox AD-200|V860 II (x2)|TT350c
Everything's for sale for the right price ;)

Robsphoto
Joined May 2011
Killeen TX
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by Robsphoto.
Jun 02, 2015 14:31 |  #465

Nismode wrote in post #17581354external link
So, what's the latest word on a actual shipping/release date? I've been following this since last year, literally lol. Why do the beta testers get to have all the fun :-p

If you have been following the thread, then you already know the answer to your question!!
Cheetah Light CL-600. ETA 6-15-2015 to late June depending on shipping and customs.Stay tune...............

Happy Shooting:lol:

sponsored links

142,422 views & 72 likes for this thread
The quadra killer AKA Cheetahstand CL-600
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.