Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial
Thread started 13 Aug 2015 (Thursday) 21:58
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

2015 Perseids - Alabama

Intheswamp
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Aug 13, 2015 21:58 |  #1

Well, I tried my hand at it last night. Got a few of them and one interesting series that looks like a meteor just after burn-out and then smoke/vapor(?) for a half dozen or more frames afterwards...I've still gotta work on that one. Anyhow here's one that worked out...

IMAGE: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5727/19921964423_b90f058b67_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/wmrg​Xe] (external link)Perseids Meteor 2015 (external link) by Intheswamp (external link), on Flickr

www.beeweather.comexternal link

Intheswamp
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Aug 13, 2015 22:19 |  #2

Cropped...

IMAGE: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5681/20563230531_ebafcfd56c_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/xk6W​2r] (external link)IMG_5527Mbpp3crop (Custom) (external link) by Intheswamp (external link), on Flickr

Celestron
Cream of the Crop
8,415 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007
Texas USA
Aug 14, 2015 08:21 |  #3

Very nice capture , being in the MW is an added bonus .

Intheswamp
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2013
South Alabama
Aug 14, 2015 09:29 |  #4

Thanks, Celestron. Interestingly, I was shooting basically due west for this shot. I had one more good one, but the head of that meteor was just barely tucked behind that tallest pine tree on the left. :( Got several faint ones. Seems the majority of them were low, at the altitude of the one in this image or lower.

Thursday morning was perfect viewing...clear skies and *low* humidity (low humidity in south Alabama is rare). This morning (Friday) the air was heavier with moisture and the viewing suffered...I didn't stay up for it. -?

Ed

calypsob
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2012
Roanoke Virginia
Aug 14, 2015 19:46 |  #5

Alabama! I went to auburn and got into astrophotography while I was in school, the rural skies were too alluring. And, you are right about dew, Alabama is the arm pit of the south. You really need some dew heaters to kill off that problem. Your shots are good it looks like you are pointing towards a city. The best way to shoot a meteor shower is to frame your shot and shoot a timelapse, then composite the meteors into one image at the end.

Wes
-----------
flickr (external link)
Gear: Many gears Yes.

1,036 views & 4 likes for this thread
2015 Perseids - Alabama
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.