Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews
Thread started 28 Jan 2015 (Wednesday) 02:35
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Think Tank Photo Airport Security Rolling Camera Bag v 2.0, reviewed by Mark Vuleta

TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND Mark Vuleta (showing now: Mark Vuleta)
Overall Rating9.5
Value for Money7.5
Must Have6
Got What I Expected10
Build Quality10
Carrying Comfortn/a
not rated
Fast Shootingn/a
not rated
Durability9
Compartment Logic9
Versatility9
Security10
Weather Protection9
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for detailed specs and sample photos.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Think Tank Photo Airport Security Rolling Camera Bag v 2.0

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2006
Auckland NZ
Jan 28, 2015 02:35 |  #1

Purchased this bag to transport most of my gear to a Pacific Island wedding that I was attending and wished to carry-on most of my gear.

Dimensions are spot on for the great majority of airlines but the weight of the bag itself doesn't help. Very easy to load it up with 25kg or more, well & truly over what most airlines will accept for overhead luggage storage.

Bag comes with a wealth of internal dividers, once I had my gear arranged, I had plenty of divider materials left over.

I like the inbuilt lanyards and TSA approved locks.

The casters are well built and it rolls easily. The pull-out towing handle, although it appears to be quite weak, is more that sufficient.

Think-Tank have certainly put a lot of thought into the design and the quality of construction is outstanding.

I would certainly purchase additional Think-Tank products again if the need arose.

sponsored links
texaskev
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2008
Austin & Dallas Texas
Mar 07, 2015 23:59 |  #2

Good review. I've been using this bag for 4 years (mine might be an older version) and it has held up great. I've had it all over the country and really rely on it. I agree that the pullout handle feels like its not very heavy duty but mine has held up 100% with no issues. I also recommend this bag.

Canon 1DX II, 1DX, 11-24 F4 L, 100 F2.8 L, 16-35 F2.8 L II, 17-40 F4 L, 24-70 F2.8 L II, 24-105 F4 L II, 70-200 F2.8 L II

pat.kane
579 posts
Joined May 2005
Arlington, VA
Aug 16, 2015 21:59 |  #3

I've had my bag for two years and it is still going strong. My kit was starting to get pretty heavy, so I started looking for a roller bag. One of the big advantages of this bag is its depth, which allows you to store a 70-200mm f/2.8L IS across the depth of the bag.

My bag usually stays loaded with two 1D series bodies, several lenses (400mm f/2.8L IS, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 24-70mm f/2.8L, 16-35mm f/2.8L, 40mm pancake), a rain cover for the 400mm lens, extra batteries and memory cards and some miscellaneous accessories. I strap a monopod and 3-legged stool to the side and have kneepads in the outside pocket. It can really pack it in!

1Dx, 5D3 and some L glass (gear list / feedback)
http://MaxPreps.DMVpix​.com (external link)
http://www.DMVpix.com (external link)

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,501 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Aug 24, 2015 08:26 |  #4

That bag measures (externally) 14 x 21 x 8 inches. The most recent IATA recommendation from about June 2015 recommended to all international airlines that the maximum size bag be 13.5 x 21.5 x 7.5 inches so that "extra" 1/2 inch in width and depth could bite one and require a bag be checked. Apparently as well newer carry on approved bags will bear a logo reading "Cabin OK." This is supposedly being done so that a few more bags can be placed into the overhead bins.

RockPaperScissors
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Aug 2015
Aug 29, 2015 15:09 |  #5

The other thought would be if they impose a weight restriction at some point. I know when my TT Airport bag is fully loaded it weighs more than my suitcase usually.....

WHphotography
24 posts
Joined Aug 2015
Aug 31, 2015 14:01 |  #6

i have one and i love it!

supfresh
222 posts
Joined Jun 2013
Feb 26, 2016 13:38 |  #7

Any experience with the Pelican 1510? Seems like its a common bag thats cheaper, bigger, more durable then the Think Tank. However, the Pelican has that design in which might attract attention. Thoughts?

Wedding (external link) - Facebook (external link)- Personal (external link)
5DMKIII / A7RII/ RICOHGR / 50L / 24-70L II/ 70-200 2.8 VC / 35A / 16-35L II / S85
Always some lens, never your lens.

sponsored links

5,393 views & 2 likes for this thread
Think Tank Photo Airport Security Rolling Camera Bag v 2.0, reviewed by Mark Vuleta
FORUMS Gear Reviews Bag Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.