Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Leica Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Leica Cameras
Thread started 23 Aug 2015 (Sunday) 19:41
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

should I or shouldn't I?

M0nkeyWithAGun
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Jul 2015
Aug 23, 2015 19:41 |  #1

So my dad wants me to sell his leica m9 for him. I really want to buy it, but i dont know at what price I should pay for it. Is there a price that is too good to pass up to you guys on these?

Ive been doing some research and see them go for about $3000 or more.

The deal is, my dad is sending me some stuff to sell on ebay... after the fees, he would let me take 10% and he would pocket the rest. I dont have enough on the forums to sell and i can try craigslist, but thats sketch.

anyways, i love photography, but i am also poor.

i think i could get it for $2500-$2700 or less if they are selling for less. IDK.

whatever the ending auction price is - ebay fees - 10% = his total.

I dont know what the ebay fees would be, and ending auction price will vary.

Xyclopx
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2008
San Jose, CA
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by Xyclopx.
Sep 18, 2015 17:17 |  #2

M0nkeyWithAGun wrote in post #17680329 (external link)
So my dad wants me to sell his leica m9 for him. I really want to buy it, but i dont know at what price I should pay for it. Is there a price that is too good to pass up to you guys on these?

Ive been doing some research and see them go for about $3000 or more.

The deal is, my dad is sending me some stuff to sell on ebay... after the fees, he would let me take 10% and he would pocket the rest. I dont have enough on the forums to sell and i can try craigslist, but thats sketch.

anyways, i love photography, but i am also poor.

i think i could get it for $2500-$2700 or less if they are selling for less. IDK.

whatever the ending auction price is - ebay fees - 10% = his total.

I dont know what the ebay fees would be, and ending auction price will vary.

...what is your definition of "poor?"

i don't own a leica, but they do intrigue me, hence my coming to this area of the forum. i wouldn't say i am poor, but i can't justify the price of such an arguable specialty system.

i think that if you have a very specific reason you want this, like you need it for your type of photography, then of course a need is a need. but if you just want a nice camera there are other cameras out there that are cheaper and even produce arguably better IQ.

i am sure you're aware that the body is just one expense and the leica lenses are in the stupid-high stratosphere of $.

...i went to the concours d'elegance at pebble beach a short time ago and you wouldn't believe how many leicas i saw hanging from some rich dude's neck there. saw more there than in my entire life. and didn't see even a single one of them being used. at all. none. don't be one of those dudes--if you buy it, buy it to use it.

Dean Chiang (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear (external link)
My Photos (external link)
Instagram @xyclopx (external link) @feetandeyes (external link) @gastramour (external link)

1,871 views & 1 like for this thread
should I or shouldn't I?
FORUMS Leica Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Leica Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.