Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 26 Jan 2013 (Saturday) 10:20
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

A New Bare Bulb Flash Arrives

mmmfotografie
Goldmember
2,035 posts
Joined Jul 2013
Utrecht Netherlands
Sep 23, 2015 11:13 as a reply to post 17718590 |  #6106

Really bad news and a real pity for you. I read this week rise won't speed up the drying procedure. Air drying is the best.

I assume that the 360 was powered on when falling in the water. Then there will be much more damage because of the shorting inside.

mmmfotografie : portfolio (external link) | ModelMayhem profile (external link)

sponsored links
Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Sep 23, 2015 11:29 |  #6107

mmmfotografie wrote in post #17718862 (external link)
Really bad news and a real pity for you. I read this week rise won't speed up the drying procedure. Air drying is the best.

agreed.

if you can open the case and set the electronics equipment in front of a fan, or better yet a dehumidifier, that is your best bet. However I also agree that if the flash was on when it went for a swim it is probably ruined. Actually, even if it was off it is probably ruined. Sorry.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

abbadon31
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
SOCAL
Sep 23, 2015 17:17 |  #6108

Left Handed Brisket wrote in post #17717530 (external link)
rick, inside a softbox i doubt you are going to notice a huge difference.

never thought of the protection factor. Does this use the same three tiny screws that the regular "mushroom" diffuser uses?

No screw it just pops on and off

I AM SHOM

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Sep 24, 2015 00:17 |  #6109

abbadon31 wrote in post #17719358 (external link)
No screw it just pops on and off

two thumbs up.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Nismode
Goldmember
1,609 posts
Joined Apr 2010
NYC
Sep 24, 2015 01:24 |  #6110

https://www.cheetahsta​nd.com/product-p/cl-mls.htm (external link)

Is there a way to use the LED modeling light attachment w/the AD-S7 or AD-S6 (the foldable softbox/BD or umbrella attachment?

I never liked the bowens s-mount adapters as it defeated the purpose of having a small, portable strobe unit w/o needing adapters.

flickr (external link)|ModelMayhem (external link)|Instagram (external link)
6D|80D|EOS M5|Mavic Pro
EF-M 22 f/2|EF-M 15-45 IS|Rokinon 12 f/2 (EF-M)|Rokinon 50 f/1.2 (EF-M)
Σ18-35 f/1.8 Art|17-40 f/4L|50 f/1.8 STM|Σ85|100L
Godox AD-600|Godox AD-200|V860 II (x2)|TT350c
Everything's for sale for the right price ;)

grafikastudios
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Aug 2011
Paris
Sep 24, 2015 05:26 as a reply to mmmfotografie's post |  #6111

thanks its karma it happens the day that i saw the new 360 version is out haha thanks for the answer guys :)

Whortleberry
Goldmember
1,717 posts
Joined Dec 2011
Yorkshire, England
Sep 24, 2015 06:55 |  #6112

Oh goodie! Let's hope that they finish this stage of development quickly off with integrating FTR-16 & FTR-16S type in the new frequency receivers to bring the v860C fully into the system. "Under development" we hear; hurry up with the "Now available"!

grafikastudios wrote in post #17718590 (external link)
The wind just send my 360 in my Apollo Octa in the Seine (Paris) during my shoot today. If i put it in rice 2 or 3 day is it going to work again? And what about the battery ?
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by grafikastudios in
./showthread.php?p=177​18590&i=i157511077
forum: Flash and Studio Lighting

Ouch - but that's what insurance is for, to reduce the financial impact of such accidents. Bigger/more/heavier sandbags next time, I reckon.
I think it highly unlikely that the flash will have survived although there's perhaps a very slight chance that the battery pack will be recoverable.
Rice would be very slow and not particularly effective, my tendency would be to go to the nearest Pharmacy and get some Silica gel, dry this thoroughly in the oven for half an hour then put this along with the electronics in a sealed plastic bag for a week.
Good luck!

Phil ǁ Kershaw Soho Reflex: 4¼" Ross Xpres, 6½" Aldis, Super XX/ABC Pyro in 24 DDS, HP3/Meritol Metol in RFH, Johnson 'Scales' brand flash powder. Kodak Duo Six-20/Verichrome Pan. Other odd bits over the decades, simply to get the job done - not merely to polish and brag about cos I'm too mean to buy the polish!
FlickR (external link) ◄► "The Other Yongnuo User Guide v4.12" by Clive Bolton (external link) ◄► UK Railway Photographs 1906-79 (external link)

grafikastudios
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Aug 2011
Paris
Sep 24, 2015 09:39 as a reply to Whortleberry's post |  #6113

thanks ill try this ;)

Whortleberry
Goldmember
1,717 posts
Joined Dec 2011
Yorkshire, England
Sep 24, 2015 16:36 |  #6114

grafikastudios wrote in post #17720097 (external link)
thanks ill try this ;)

I should have mentioned ......

• Most but not all silica gel has a saturation indicator. You need it to be deep cobalt blue (indicating total dryness) with no trace of pink.
  • The sealed plastic bag is purely to ensure that all the dehydration effect of the silica gel is directed at your electronics with none wasted trying to dry the room atmosphere - just an efficiency thing, nothing else. In our European climate at this time of year, it can go from deep blue to noticeably pink-ish in under an hour when exposed just to the air in the room.

Phil ǁ Kershaw Soho Reflex: 4¼" Ross Xpres, 6½" Aldis, Super XX/ABC Pyro in 24 DDS, HP3/Meritol Metol in RFH, Johnson 'Scales' brand flash powder. Kodak Duo Six-20/Verichrome Pan. Other odd bits over the decades, simply to get the job done - not merely to polish and brag about cos I'm too mean to buy the polish!
FlickR (external link) ◄► "The Other Yongnuo User Guide v4.12" by Clive Bolton (external link) ◄► UK Railway Photographs 1906-79 (external link)

mmmfotografie
Goldmember
2,035 posts
Joined Jul 2013
Utrecht Netherlands
Sep 25, 2015 04:03 |  #6115

You can also look in shops that sell stuff for automobiles. A brand is Pingi which has the indicator so you know when to put it in the microwave. The steam is pouring out when heating up so I do it steps of three minutes instead of the whole nine minutes at once.

grafikastudios
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Aug 2011
Paris
Sep 25, 2015 04:38 as a reply to Whortleberry's post |  #6116

right thanks guys

Nismode
Goldmember
1,609 posts
Joined Apr 2010
NYC
Sep 25, 2015 18:20 |  #6117

Any help?

Nismode wrote in post #17719809 (external link)
https://www.cheetahsta​nd.com/product-p/cl-mls.htm (external link)

Is there a way to use the LED modeling light attachment w/the AD-S7 or AD-S6 (the foldable softbox/BD or umbrella attachment?

I never liked the bowens s-mount adapters as it defeated the purpose of having a small, portable strobe unit w/o needing adapters.

flickr (external link)|ModelMayhem (external link)|Instagram (external link)
6D|80D|EOS M5|Mavic Pro
EF-M 22 f/2|EF-M 15-45 IS|Rokinon 12 f/2 (EF-M)|Rokinon 50 f/1.2 (EF-M)
Σ18-35 f/1.8 Art|17-40 f/4L|50 f/1.8 STM|Σ85|100L
Godox AD-600|Godox AD-200|V860 II (x2)|TT350c
Everything's for sale for the right price ;)

mmmfotografie
Goldmember
2,035 posts
Joined Jul 2013
Utrecht Netherlands
Sep 26, 2015 02:52 as a reply to Nismode's post |  #6118

For AD-S7:
http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=17​686064

ekie
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2005
Sep 28, 2015 12:41 |  #6119

So i been doing some googling and searching but couldnt find a clear answer. I picked up a (3) Neewer V850 with triggers from a buddy who wasn't using it. I'm planning to add a bulb Flash (AD360) to the mix and was wondering if I'm able to get a different (re)brand of the AD360 and still be able to use all the lights together with the trigger sets or do I have to specifically get the Neewer AD360 branded one?

For instance, if I get the Godox AD360 + Godox FT16 triggers .. will godox triggers also work with the neewer triggers?

ekin photographyexternal link | flickrexternal link
... gear list ...

mmmfotografie
Goldmember
2,035 posts
Joined Jul 2013
Utrecht Netherlands
Sep 28, 2015 14:23 |  #6120

ekie wrote in post #17724972 (external link)
So i been doing some googling and searching but couldnt find a clear answer. I picked up a (3) Neewer V850 with triggers from a buddy who wasn't using it. I'm planning to add a bulb Flash (AD360) to the mix and was wondering if I'm able to get a different (re)brand of the AD360 and still be able to use all the lights together with the trigger sets or do I have to specifically get the Neewer AD360 branded one?

For instance, if I get the Godox AD360 + Godox FT16 triggers .. will godox triggers also work with the neewer triggers?

Absolutely, you can mix all different branded ones with each other.

sponsored links

1,098,647 views & 261 likes for this thread
A New Bare Bulb Flash Arrives
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.