I need advice on photographing a painting. I've never done reproduction work before, and actually doing everything for free for the charity. I've been asked to reproduce a painting in a digital format. I have some gear to play with.
My current choices are:
- Sony A7R II - my primary body
- Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro lens
- Canon 70D
- Canon 70-200L II
My question is surrounding light setup. I've sold my strobes a few months ago to fund the Sony mirrorless passion. Now I'm left with only a single flash. Those of you that did reproduction work, please post any suggestions or comments.
- Would you use the natural light?
- Where would you place the painting? (Size would be approximately 3ft by 2.5ft)
- At which distance would you shoot? Obviously with a 90mm prime on FF it's already defined. However, I can use a longer lens as well.
- How would you post process the photo?
- I've also read that some photographers use linear polarizers. Does it make sense to use a Linear polarizer as well?
Please comment or suggest, as I'm totally new at this painting reproduction.