Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers
Thread started 08 Dec 2015 (Tuesday) 17:32
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Is there any way to fix the error from a PDF file?

moodyy
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Dec 2015
Dec 08, 2015 17:32 |  #1

Urgent- I'm trying to open a PDF document and I get an error message that says possible damage has occurred because it may have been an e-mailed document that was not properly decoded before e-mailing. I just downloaded the latest version 8.1.1 version of Adobe and still get the same error message. Any one else been successful at retrieving one of these

sponsored links
Alyx
Joined Jul 2009
The Netherlands
Dec 09, 2015 03:56 |  #2

Not sure if I came across things like this before but try checking out https://forums.adobe.c​om ...d/393580?start=0&ts​tart=0 (external link)

Do you have the mail it was send with? (got the idea you don't but still thought it was worth asking)

something that says "click" and some strange white tubes with glass in it..

LincsRP
Joined Mar 2007
Lincolnshire,UK
Dec 09, 2015 04:47 |  #3

From what I understand about emails is that the file is sent to the recipient in 'packets' which take the easiest route around the web and re-assembles itself when arrives. This if ok works but, if it fails somehow then I would presume the packet isn't complete. I doubt then no amount of effort to repair it would work.

Steve
www.lincsracephotos.co​.ukexternal link

smith.mark
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Dec 2015
Dec 13, 2015 08:44 |  #4

You can modify the way PDF is generated or produced if you manage or administrate software that generated PDFs automatically. For this, you must take care of the fact that no irrelevant bytes should appear before %PDF at head of PDF file.
If it don't work the document is lost for good.
Or you may want to try this.
PDFRecovery is data recovery program for Portable Document Format files (.pdf).
PDFRecovery has a powerful recovery engine designed to retrieve data from most damaged files.
Recovers PDF objects, such as page tree, cross-reference table, images and many others. See product information for a full specification. http://www.pdf.recover​ytoolbox.com/ (external link)

smith.mark
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Dec 2015
Dec 13, 2015 08:45 |  #5

Perhaps this authoritative source will also help you.
https://forums.adobe.c​om/message/6978758#697​8758 (external link)

moodyy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Dec 2015
Dec 14, 2015 09:57 |  #6

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!

sponsored links

676 views & 3 likes for this thread
Is there any way to fix the error from a PDF file?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.