Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos HDR Creation
Thread started 27 Jan 2012 (Friday) 12:25
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Natural Looking HDR

Stiga
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2015
Nr Perth, Scotland
Jan 02, 2016 10:35 |  #1891

UK_MARK wrote in post #17840357 (external link)
Very nice guys.

Good of you to say so, many thanks :-)

Martin
I'm not a gear guy but I have a tons of software :-)

sponsored links
Stiga
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2015
Nr Perth, Scotland
Jan 02, 2016 10:37 |  #1892

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #17840773 (external link)
Outstanding! I love this type of landscape....some dream of sandy beaches and palm trees. I dream of exactly what you captured.

My shot? If so many thanks.

If there is no cloud, it is a view I see every day. Yest I know I am a lucky so and so!

Martin

SYS
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jul 2004
Gilligan's Island
Jan 02, 2016 19:53 |  #1893

Barboa Park, San Diego

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

"Life is short, art is long..."
-Goethe
My Gear & DIYs

ejenner
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2011
Denver, CO
Jan 03, 2016 23:19 |  #1894

Got last minute football tickets today, but best of all they were in the sun with great sunset view, and the Broncos scored at sunset so I got the mini-fireworks in as well.

Also my first 100% blend-only HDR (I usually use HDR software for at least part of it, then maybe blend on top, but it tonemapping didn't work so well for this image).

HOSTED PHOTO

Edward Jenner
5DIII, 7DII, M6, GX1 II,M11-22, Sig15mm FE,16-35 F4,TS-E 17,Sig 18-250 OS Macro,M18-150,24-105,T45 1.8VC,70-200 f4 IS,70-200 2.8 vII,Sig 85 1.4,100L,135L,400DOII.
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/48305795@N03/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/edward.jenner.372/p​hotos (external link)

Stogie1020
Joined Nov 2007
Jan 04, 2016 19:42 |  #1895

Not sure if this one goes too far, but I am trying to find the balance... I enjoy the more realistic HDR images. Did I cook it too much?

It was a legitimate storm (see the rain on the right if the frame) this day, I got wet a few times!

3 frame pano, each frame is three images -2, -1, +1 tonemapped in Photomatix and combined into a pano in PS.

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
10,136 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Aug 2010
West Point, Georgia
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by David Arbogast.
Jan 04, 2016 20:46 |  #1896

ejenner wrote in post #17843579 (external link)
Got last minute football tickets today, but best of all they were in the sun with great sunset view, and the Broncos scored at sunset so I got the mini-fireworks in as well.

Also my first 100% blend-only HDR (I usually use HDR software for at least part of it, then maybe blend on top, but it tonemapping didn't work so well for this image).

thumbnailHosted photo: posted by ejenner in
./showthread.php?p=178​43579&i=i264525819
forum: HDR Creation

Nice!

I just knew the Chargers were going to fall down at the last yesterday - preventing my Chiefs from gaining the AFC West crown. :(

David | Flickr (external link)

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
Joined Jul 2013
Jan 04, 2016 20:49 as a reply to Stogie1020's post |  #1897

Not overcooked to my eye, just a powerful and dramatic capture.

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

J-Blake
Great Googley Moogley!
Joined Dec 2009
Westminster, CO
Jan 04, 2016 21:02 |  #1898

Here's one from a recent trip to the Bisti Badlands:

IMAGE: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1460/24061780932_3e96b79dca_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/CEfV​aW] (external link)_DSC9039 (external link) by Jon Blake (external link), on Flickr

This was a 5 (+1EV) shot merge in Lightroom which looked a bit over the top for me, so I then masked in the original sky and foreground shots overwriting most of the HDR except for portions of the edge.

Jon
So much to learn, so little time.
A few worthy shotsexternal link

SYS
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jul 2004
Gilligan's Island
Jan 04, 2016 21:04 |  #1899

Stogie1020 wrote in post #17844744 (external link)
Not sure if this one goes too far, but I am trying to find the balance... I enjoy the more realistic HDR images. Did I cook it too much?

It was a legitimate storm (see the rain on the right if the frame) this day, I got wet a few times!

3 frame pano, each frame is three images -2, -1, +1 tonemapped in Photomatix and combined into a pano in PS.

I don't think you went too far with this at all. If anything, I'd make it a bit more dramatic by adding some contrast.

"Life is short, art is long..."
-Goethe
My Gear & DIYs

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
10,954 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Jan 04, 2016 21:52 |  #1900

J-Blake wrote in post #17844817 (external link)
Here's one from a recent trip to the Bisti Badlands:
QUOTED IMAGE
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/CEfV​aW] (external link)_DSC9039 (external link) by Jon Blake (external link), on Flickr

This was a 5 (+1EV) shot merge in Lightroom which looked a bit over the top for me, so I then masked in the original sky and foreground shots overwriting most of the HDR except for portions of the edge.

Really interesting shot Jon. To me, it has a 'miniature landscape' look to it too.

Gene - My Photo Gallery ||external link My USS Oriskany websiteexternal link || My Flickrexternal link
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

Stiga
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2015
Nr Perth, Scotland
Jan 05, 2016 04:51 |  #1901

Stogie1020 wrote in post #17844744 (external link)

There's a pleasing asymmetry to this one but I think it would have had more impact if you had posted a 1280 pixels wide image.

Martin

Stogie1020
Joined Nov 2007
Jan 05, 2016 10:12 |  #1902

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #17844806 (external link)
Not overcooked to my eye, just a powerful and dramatic capture.

Thanks!

SYS wrote in post #17844818 (external link)
I don't think you went too far with this at all. If anything, I'd make it a bit more dramatic by adding some contrast.

Thanks, I will give it a second (ok, three thousanth!) look in LR.

Stiga wrote in post #17845092 (external link)
There's a pleasing asymmetry to this one but I think it would have had more impact if you had posted a 1280 pixels wide image.

Stiga wrote in post #17845092 (external link)

Than you, I try to create some drama/movement of the eye in my landscapes. I want to try your suggestion but am not sure I totally understand. For a 1280px image, should I crop the current one (and where would you suggest the crop be?) or simply re-size the entire image? Thanks,

Stiga
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2015
Nr Perth, Scotland
Jan 05, 2016 13:56 |  #1903

Stogie1020 wrote in post #17845325 (external link)
Thanks!

Thanks, I will give it a second (ok, three thousanth!) look in LR.

Than you, I try to create some drama/movement of the eye in my landscapes. I want to try your suggestion but am not sure I totally understand. For a 1280px image, should I crop the current one (and where would you suggest the crop be?) or simply re-size the entire image? Thanks,

The image in your post is is approx. 900 pixels wide. Presumably it was much larger before you resized it for uploading. So why did you not resize to 1280 pixels wide? Panoramas seldom have impact when they are small

Martin

Stogie1020
Joined Nov 2007
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by Stogie1020.
Jan 05, 2016 14:21 as a reply to Stiga's post |  #1904

Ahh, I understand now and totally agree. Honestly, I just put the 500px.com URL into the forum "fetch" engine.

The resizing is all via POTN. If you want to see the original, here is a direct link:

https://500px.com ...from=user&user_id=3​873018 (external link)

Is there a way to dictate to the forum what sizing of a picture to embed?

Stiga
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2015
Nr Perth, Scotland
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by Stiga.
Jan 06, 2016 04:19 |  #1905

Stogie1020 wrote in post #17845734 (external link)
Ahh, I understand now and totally agree. Honestly, I just put the 500px.com URL into the forum "fetch" engine.

The resizing is all via POTN. If you want to see the original, here is a direct link:

https://500px.com ...from=user&user_id=3​873018 (external link)

That looks so much better on my screen! :-)

Stogie1020 wrote in post #17845734 (external link)
Is there a way to dictate to the forum what sizing of a picture to embed?

If you host a file on POTN (by using the Upload facility), the original size will be retained up yo 1280 pixels along its longest side. If you upload an image larger than 1280 pixels, it will appear as a thumbnail which you can click on.

HOSTED PHOTO
This image is 1464 pixels wide and was uploaded directly to POTN
Edit: Hmm! That didn't work, they must have increased the max size!

HOSTED PHOTO
This image is 1024 pixels wide and was uploaded directly to POTN

Martin

sponsored links

489,377 views & 2340 likes for this thread
Natural Looking HDR
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos HDR Creation

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.