Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Fashion, Editorial & Commercial
Thread started 01 Apr 2015 (Wednesday) 01:04
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Too much?

ezzyz
Joined Jun 2010
Highland, California
Apr 01, 2015 01:04 |  #1

Thoughts on this image?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

EZRA
Gear List

sponsored links
Iscariotau
Joined Jun 2011
Sydney Australia
Apr 01, 2015 01:15 |  #2

I love it.

MyFlickrexternal link

FarmerTed1971
fondling the 5D4
Joined Sep 2013
Portland, OR
Apr 01, 2015 01:50 |  #3

Me too. Nice job!

Getting better at this - Fuji Xt-2 - 18-55 - 35 f2 WR - 50-140 - 6D - 135L - 70-200 f4L IS - 600EX-RT x2 - ST-E3-RT - flickr (external link) - www.scottaticephoto.co​m (external link)

Aswald
Goldmember
1,162 posts
Joined Oct 2013
London, Paris, NY
Apr 01, 2015 01:57 |  #4

Nice effect. Beautiful model.

Fingers/Fingernails are a bit distracting. Have you tried making it slightly darker?

I did a square crop and left the fingers out and found that I liked it better.

PhilF
Cream of the Crop
5,737 posts
Joined Jan 2010
Valencia, CA
Apr 01, 2015 02:37 |  #5

easy on the imagenomics

http://philfernandezph​otography.com (external link)
http://www.philfashion​photography.com (external link)
https://www.instagram.​com/philfernimagery/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/philfphotography (external link)

saea501
... spilled over a little on the panties
Joined Jan 2010
Florida
Apr 01, 2015 10:46 |  #6

Too much?
Yes.

Unless, of course, you were trying to make it look like a way overcooked ad for make up in a magazine. In that case you're spot on.

Remember what the DorMouse said.....feed your head.
Bob

paintedlotus
337 posts
Joined May 2008
Seattle, WA
Post has been edited over 2 years ago by paintedlotus.
Apr 02, 2015 01:47 |  #7

She's lovely, and I like the pose and the lighting. The post is pretty heavy handed for my taste though. Maybe take her skin work down by, oh, say 50% at least as a starting point.

Also, I hate to say it but her fingernails were the very first thing that jumped out at me after looking at her face. Corn chip nails. Gah.

5D Mk IV, 6D, Gripped 5Dc, 24-70 f/2.8L ii, 135L, 17-40L, Magic Drainpipe (80-200 f/2.8L), 100mm macro, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, slightly melted Einstein, a few Elinchrom strobes, Mola Setti (white) with grid, PCB beauty dish (old style) with grid, Elinchrom beauty dish (tiny) with grid, Photek Softlighter ii 60", Rice Bowl 90cm, Rice Bowl OMG HUGE, soft silver PLM, a few umbrellas, 4-foot Octobank, Canon 430EX II, a couple ancient speedlights, bad attitude, etc
Website (external link)

urbanfreestyle
I am a squirrel who loves rubbing bottles and I have Nuts in my drawers, too!
Joined Dec 2013
Exeter, Devon
Apr 02, 2015 02:09 |  #8

Stunning, Great composition and lighting. i don't think there is too much.

Facebook (external link)
Sony @6000 | Sony 18-105 f4 G Series | Sony 16 f2.8 | Helios 44/m | Pentacon 135mm f2.8 | Yongnuo 560EX II | Manfrotto 055CX PRO3 | 3LT Mohawk ballhead | Lubitel 2 med format camera | Zenit EM 35mm camera |

Norry ­ Rodgers
Joined Mar 2014
Ireland -> Just over there!
Apr 03, 2015 09:35 |  #9

Stunning image Ezra.

My only feedback would be that from the neck up it looks like very detailed CGI, is that too much post?

Norry
'failure isn't about falling down, failure is staying down'
flickrexternal link

Spats139
Joined Jan 2009
LMD, BC, CA
Apr 07, 2015 23:39 |  #10

For me there are too many competing elements in the photo - the nails and bracelets, the necklace, and the processing of the face seem at odds. The angle of the head, combined with the top of the hair being cut off makes it look oversize or distorted. The way the elbows are cut off makes the pose look like it could be of three people (look at the image and imagine the model's arms are extended straight out, and that two others are placing their hands on her hips) There's something odd about the outside corner of her right eye, and even the part in her hair looks wrong; did she have a weave? The bustline of the dress is offset from her breasts (my wife pointed that out), and the face looks very flat. And the last point, about the fingernails again, is that they draw too much attention to her hands, and they aren't really that attractive in this pose.

Technically the shot seems well exposed and sharp, however, it's a tad over-processed for my tastes. I agree with Aswald about cropping the fingernails out; in fact, I find that cropping just above the top of the dress works quite well.

All this being said if you and the model like the image then it's perfect.

Dale

ezzyz
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2010
Highland, California
Feb 02, 2016 13:20 as a reply to paintedlotus's post |  #11

Sorry for the late reply. This was taken for an album release and the edit was intentional

EZRA
Gear List

riffster
Joined Apr 2009
Ohio
Feb 07, 2016 11:19 |  #12

Love it and such a fantastic model. Nice crop. I think it's bit too sharp at this resolution and the background is uneven for my taste. Nit picking though.

5DII | 7D | C100mkII | Tokina 16-28 2.8 I Canon 24-70L | Canon 70-200L 2.8 | Canon 85 1.8 | Sigma 30 1.4 www.riffster.com (external link) www.facebook.com/riffs​terproductions (external link)

tanolam
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Feb 2016
London
Feb 09, 2016 05:38 |  #13

I love it. If it's the magazine look you're going for then it's not over worked. :)

Portrait and fashion photographer.
5D Mark II
http://www.tanolam.co.​uk (external link)

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,933 posts
Joined Mar 2011
Dallas TX
Feb 14, 2016 21:47 |  #14

WHOA!! I wasn't expecting that! :love:

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

mihazero
Joined Dec 2013
Mar 11, 2016 11:30 |  #15

Thing that reaaaaaaly bothers me is that her lips are to sharp cornered. Like someone drew them on with a ruler.

Also her chin is disproportionate to her face. Like you accidentaly pulled her lips and nose down a bit too much and now most of her face is in lower quadrant of her face.

And i do have to agree with someone else who said that nails are too much.

Im sorry to moan this much, just photo have that ... unnatural feeling about it. But only people in bussines will see these things. Most ppl will be oblivious.

sponsored links

6,080 views & 6 likes for this thread
Too much?
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Fashion, Editorial & Commercial

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.