Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Underwater Photography Talk
Thread started 10 Feb 2016 (Wednesday) 00:32
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Finding housings for older dSLRs? XTi or 60D?

GoHokiesGo
Joined Feb 2007
N. Virginia
Feb 10, 2016 00:32 |  #1

Does anyone know of a good place to find housings for some of the slightly older dSLR models?

I'm hesitant to put my 6D into a dive housing since it's my primary camera; however, my old XTi, or possibly the 60D, wouldn't be as much of a risk to me. My XTi(400D) sits on a shelf collecting dust, and it'd be great if there were a stock of older discounted housings somewhere.

I usually use my GoPro when I'm snorkeling or diving, but the pictures are mostly just for fun that I've captured. If I could put together a setup for a few hundred bucks with the XTi, then I'd gladly start to bring that along on my underwater adventures.

Do any of your underwater gurus know where to source housings for older models, and particularly if they are discounted old stock?

Thanks,
Jason

~Jason
Canon 6D -¤- Canon 60D
Canon16-35 f/4L IS -¤- Canon 24-105 f/4L IS -¤- Canon 70-200 f/4L
Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM -¤- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX -¤- Samyang 14mm f/2.8
Travel Website - Jason Peacott Photography (external link)

cicopo
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2007
Ottawa, Ont, Canada
Feb 13, 2016 20:40 |  #2

I doubt you'll find something that cheap but there are Buy & Sell forums at Scubaboard.com & Wetpixel.com and B&H have a used underwater section plus try Ebay for an idea on prices.

A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought.

GoHokiesGo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Feb 2007
N. Virginia
Feb 23, 2016 23:58 |  #3

That's what I figured since I hadn't really found much previously. I was hoping that there might be a few retailers that had a stockpile of housings for older cams, but limited market so low sales price.

It's not an activity I do often enough to justify the high cost of housings, so I might just have to stick with the GoPro and limit my expectations on high quality images.

~Jason
Canon 6D -¤- Canon 60D
Canon16-35 f/4L IS -¤- Canon 24-105 f/4L IS -¤- Canon 70-200 f/4L
Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM -¤- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX -¤- Samyang 14mm f/2.8
Travel Website - Jason Peacott Photography (external link)

1,628 views & 0 likes for this thread
Finding housings for older dSLRs? XTi or 60D?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Underwater Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.