Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Still Life, B/W & Experimental Talk
Thread started 17 Feb 2016 (Wednesday) 09:09
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Aquarium Photography...

Road ­ Dog
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2014
St. Augustine, Florida
Feb 26, 2016 08:32 |  #16

Well, it went better than I expected.

I wish I would've had all the gear that was recommended, but the reality is I had to work with what I had, and it worked well. The client is extremely happy, and even included an additional $100.00 when he wrote the check.

Here's a better shot of the tank with some ugly guy photo-bombing for a selfie :-P

No, this wasn't the light I had for the actual shoot. I'm still editing those. For the purposes of scale, I'm 6'2". This is a 700 gallon tank, shipping to Saudi Arabia next week:

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Just shut up and smile...
My Current Line-Up

battletone
Joined Sep 2009
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by battletone. 3 edits done in total.
Feb 28, 2016 00:25 |  #17

That looks nice in that image. If this is for the builder, for marketing his product, I would think this would be a great spot to say, "frame one with missing side walls for lighting options." McDonalds doesn't photograph the stuff they sell, or at least not as it would be assembled to serve, they sculpt those things for the product shot at the time with half a side built up. No reason to not do the same for this, unless they are one offs.

Cameras: 5D Mark IV, EOS 3, Elan 7
Lenses:15mm 2.8 fisheye, 16-35mm 2.8L II, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8L, 70-200L II IS
Tripod: Gitzo GT2531, Arca-Swiss Z1, RRS PC-LR
Lights: Photogenic PL1250 x2, 1500SL x1, Canon 580ex, YN 568ex II

Road ­ Dog
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2014
St. Augustine, Florida
Feb 28, 2016 13:35 |  #18

battletone wrote in post #17915944 (external link)
That looks nice in that image. If this is for the builder, for marketing his product, I would think this would be a great spot to say, "frame one with missing side walls for lighting options." McDonalds doesn't photograph the stuff they sell, or at least not as it would be assembled to serve, they sculpt those things for the product shot at the time with half a side built up. No reason to not do the same for this, unless they are one offs.

They are exactly that. Every aquarium he builds is fully custom. The one in this photo is priced at $60,000...

Just shut up and smile...
My Current Line-Up

6,742 views & 1 like for this thread
Aquarium Photography...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Still Life, B/W & Experimental Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.