Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 23 Feb 2016 (Tuesday) 09:45
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

POTN G-series Speed Challenge 575 - Subject Looking forward, things i want/need/must do

Trumper
711 posts
Joined May 2003
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by Trumper. 2 edits done in total.
Feb 23, 2016 09:45 |  #1

Challenge #575 - Looking forward, things i want/need/must do

The last subject we had was Spring,and now hopefully we are are all looking forward to warmer,longer,brighter days.We all have things that we want,need,must do in the coming few months.Those things we never got round to doing last year so would do this year,things we did last year and want to do ,visit ,see again this year.Make it something you are looking forward to this coming year :)

To submit, click the button labeled 'POST TO THREAD' and put your Photo Title in the first line of the post, above your photo.
Don't forget your Camera Model.

Post until Monday noon GMT, 29th Feb 2016. (I am away and coming back that day so i may look Monday if not Tuesday).

Photo Submissions

1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G9, G10, G11, G12, G15, G16, G1X, G1X Mark II, G3 X, G7 X and Pro1 only.
    -
  2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
    -
  3. Size -- photo must be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1024 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
    -
  4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
    -
  5. Posting --
    • One photo per photographer in each challenge.
    • Photo Title in the first line of the post.
    • Camera model.
    • EXIF data, if you like.

6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
    -
  7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
    -
Time

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
  • New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
  • Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
  • Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
  • Winners Announcement ... As soon as possible, max. until Tuesday noon GMT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click FOLLOW THREAD in the top right of the challenge's thread page.
Notifications of new posts will appear below the POTN logo and the main links in the top of each forum page.
Note: Email notifications are not active at the moment, they will be available soon.
Pay attention to your PMs or 'Heads Up!' messages. This will allow the host, helpful members or moderators to contact you about winning or ineligible photos.
Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.

Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.

results below
Thank you for participating,i am going to go with the idea of new life and the anticipation of visiting so
1st Place is Maureen waiting for grandbaby number 5 ,you are going to be a VERY busy person Congratulations
2nd Place Jim ,looking forward to spending a lovely quality time with his grandson,how air travel has shrunk the world.
3rd place Teekay -- just hit me as a place i would absolutely adore and be looking forward to visiting since i knew what days i would be off.
There are no losers in my mind ,Cars place looks lovely and my wife is the gardener so there is something really satisfying in seeing new growth and plants that have been looked after and nurtured coming into bloom. Thank you all, i hope your plans and dreams come true and a healthy and happy year ahead :lol:

sponsored links
Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
32,620 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Feb 23, 2016 20:47 |  #2

Looking Forward to Grandbaby #5

Pro1

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
5DIII
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0, 300/f4, 24-70/2.8 both I & II

JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Feb 24, 2016 09:22 |  #3

Looking Forward to Happy Trails West to See Our Grandson
G11: f/4.5, 1/500th, ISO 80, 30MM

HOSTED PHOTO

Jim -- I keep the G5X in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L

teekay
Goldmember
2,549 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by teekay. 3 edits done in total.
Feb 25, 2016 00:14 |  #4

Looking Forward To A Trip To The Wild West Coast

IMAGE: http://community.netidea.com/teekay/temp/WestCoast.jpg
G1

Car
Joined Jan 2008
Glasgow
Feb 25, 2016 06:05 |  #5

Looking forward to being back here in the Summer on our holidays

G7

IMAGE: http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc306/biya_photos/NOTL%20view_zpsdmmor6nv.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: http://s214.photobucke​t.com ...view_zpsdmmor6nv.jp​g.html] (external link)

OhLook
Spiderwoman
14,960 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Feb 28, 2016 19:14 |  #6

Must finish pruning the big climbing rose; looking forward to its blooms

HOSTED PHOTO

G15

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

Trumper
THREAD ­ STARTER
711 posts
Joined May 2003
Mar 01, 2016 04:18 |  #7

Thread closed for judging,will post results soon ,Thank you.

Trumper
THREAD ­ STARTER
711 posts
Joined May 2003
Mar 01, 2016 05:00 |  #8

Thank you for participating,i am going to go with the idea of new life and the anticipation of visiting so

1st Place is Maureen waiting for grandbaby number 5 ,you are going to be a VERY busy person :) Congratulations :-D

2nd Place Jim ,looking forward to spending a lovely quality time with his grandson,how air travel has shrunk the world. :-)

3rd place Teekay -- just hit me as a place i would absolutely adore and be looking forward to visiting since i knew what days i would be off.

There are no losers in my mind ,Cars place looks lovely and my wife is the gardener so there is something really satisfying in seeing new growth and plants that have been looked after and nurtured coming into bloom.
Thank you all, i hope your plans and dreams come true and a healthy and happy year ahead :)

JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Mar 01, 2016 08:07 |  #9

Congratulations to Maureen and Teekay for 1st and 3rd places...and, thanks for the coveted 2nd place nod, Trumper! This was a fun contest to try to interpret and everyone did a great job.

The wife and I are heading west to LA at the end of March to visit our Grandson Nate, Son Jimmy, and Daughter-in-law, Nicole. As a special treat this trip our Daughter, Kathy will visit at the same time and she will be bringing her Grandson (our Great Grandson), Roman :-) What an exciting time...we can't wait.

And, after seeing Teekay's awesome photo we may just head north from LA and drop in for a visit :lol:

Jim -- I keep the G5X in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L

Maureen ­ Souza
32,620 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Mar 01, 2016 09:59 |  #10

As I sit & read this I have a 1 year old sitting on my lap stuffing a "nana" in her mouth & a 3 year old asking me for candy for breakfast. Yes, next fall I am going to be way busier than I ever imagined myself...:eek:
Congrats to Jim & Teekay & great challenge this week, Trumper. I will have something posted this afternoon at nap time here......

5DMK4
5DIII

teekay
Goldmember
2,549 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Mar 01, 2016 10:34 |  #11

Congrats to Maureen and Jim - I'm sure nobody "looks forward" as much as an expectant Mom (except maybe Grandma ;-)a)

OhLook
Spiderwoman
14,960 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Mar 01, 2016 11:45 |  #12

Congratulations to all, and thanks to Trumper for hosting. I enjoyed the images and stories of travel and family.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

Maureen ­ Souza
32,620 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Mar 01, 2016 19:47 |  #13

New challenge is up.

5DMK4
5DIII

Car
Joined Jan 2008
Glasgow
Mar 02, 2016 05:42 |  #14

Congratulations to the winners and thanks Trumper for hosting and judging.
Congratulations to you Maureen and of course your daughter and her family on the news of your next grandchild.
Happy travels Jim on your trip to see your family.
We've booked to go back to Canada and will see this view again in the summer. Plus we're hiring a car and venturing further afield this time and cannot wait!
Carolyn

Raven
698 posts
Joined Jan 2005
Seattle area, WA, USA
Mar 04, 2016 15:33 |  #15

Congrats Maureen, Jim and teekay. And thanks, Trumper, for hosing a fun contest this week.

My apologies for not participating this week. I put this off until the weekend.. Then I sustained a hand injury via tree limb.
That wasn't enough though. I also suffered a partial dislocation of my right shoulder (popped back in just in time to avoid more injury).
Nothing serious but enough to make it too difficult to hold a camera. And nothing worthwhile in the archives.

Some days... :-)

sponsored links

4,174 views & 1 like for this thread
POTN G-series Speed Challenge 575 - Subject Looking forward, things i want/need/must do
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.