Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Classifieds: For Sale
Thread started 05 Mar 2016 (Saturday) 12:38
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Need help with pricing please, canon 60d

badaml
65 posts
Joined Aug 2009
Mar 05, 2016 12:38 |  #1

I have a Canon 60d, less than 100 shots through it (seriously). 18-135 kit lens, Canon grip, genuine Canon battery and charger, Lowepro Tahoe bag, 32gb sd card. What would be a fair asking price.

550EX, 430EX, 50mm 1.8mk1, 70-210mm USM and no camera:cry:

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
7,194 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Mar 05, 2016 13:16 |  #2

I would start by checking asking prices on the POTN SALE pages. Then deduct 10%. Then check E-Bay. Pay no attention to asking prices; E-bay will show you the actual sale price. All the way down on the left side there is a check-box for: SOLD PRICES.

The years-old kit lens adds little to nothing to your sale price. The other stuff adds nothing at all. They are added incentives to buy, but don't add diddly-squat to your selling price. Canon sells the 60D refurbished for $575.

I won't suggest a price, because markets vary. But if I couldn't get $400 for it, I'd keep it. A good P&S costs that much.

Tom

genesimmons
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2013
bc canada
Mar 05, 2016 13:45 |  #3

i had a very similar set up i just sold recently,my 60d had very little usage maybe 1k shots,i had a grip 2 batteries and some other accessories for manual focus lenses and such and a kit lens,i sold mine for 500 canadian,i had it listed on here and had a few offers of 400 without the kit lens,since this is a nice step above a rebel line up yours may be a better sale with that lens as its a nice starter lens and prob an upgrade if some one has a rebel with a 18-55 kit lens,i don't think 450-475 would be out of line,u do need to remember the 60d is a great camera but its quite old now,the 70d is way ahead of it with touch screen and better view finder and such and they areleady have a 80d so the 60 is 2 models below those,like i said though its a nice jump up from a rebel so i don't think u will have a problem at 450ish

OLYMPUS EM1 M2. 12-100 F4 PRO.75mm f1.8,fisheye f1.8 pro. SONY A7 various manual lenses. FUJI X100
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/100085318@N08/ (external link)

Brad999
420 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Mar 05, 2016 13:50 |  #4

I would break it up and sell the lens seperately. I just sold a 60D body that was a 10/10 for $380 Canadian! I am not sure why they don't hold their value. I tried to sell it with an 18-55 kit lens, and it wasn't adding anything to the value, so I broke it up and made a bit more.

My theory is if you advertise it on a forum like POTN, it is too much of a beginner camera. If you advertise it locally, nobody knows really what it is. It is an advanced hobbyist camera, that takes amazing pictures, and can handle higher noise than the rebel series cameras, but you might as well be talking a different language to most people who will be looking to buy this camera.

Another major selling point is its ability to shoot excellent video, and there is demand out there for guys who use them to video bands, etc.

carpenter
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2006
Green Bay, WI
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by carpenter.
Mar 05, 2016 18:15 |  #5

Bassat wrote in post #17924581 (external link)
The years-old kit lens adds little to nothing to your sale price. The other stuff adds nothing at all. They are added incentives to buy, but don't add diddly-squat to your selling price..

An 18-135 lens will absolutely add value to the sale of a 60D. Roughly $100 more. If it were me, I'd price the kit at $540. With 100 clicks on it, a grip, the lens and the extras, that's a good price. I too would break the kit up. You will get more and have a wider range of buyers.

5D Mk IV | 24-105L | 85 1.8 | 70-200L 2.8 IS MkII | 100-400L MkII

REPLYING DENIED: You need 30 posts AND 30 days of membership
519 views & 1 like for this thread
Need help with pricing please, canon 60d
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Classifieds: For Sale

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.