Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Leica Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Leica Cameras
Thread started 06 Jan 2015 (Tuesday) 08:17
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Plan on Moving to Leica

ONE30
I don't have a point!!!
4,134 posts
Joined Mar 2011
newYORK
Feb 29, 2016 12:29 |  #16

^^^congrats, if that was your ultimate goal!

I am also contemplating on selling my canon bodies and heavy long lenses but I am in no rush in purchasing another or any other camera(mainly leica gear at this point)body/lens/access​ories at this point. Picture taking is not my main source of income so I don't have the urgency on selling any of it.

I only take random things i find interesting in the street when traveling for work and just like most people on vacation, but it hurts me to see people anchored down with such heavy gear wandering the streets - weight was my main concern when transitioning to a Leica. Moving to this system is worth the purchase, I am very satisfied with the results, don't miss the auto focus system at all, burst mode, and high ISO performance. I actually find digital noise in the image appealing to a certain degree, it adds some type of grit to the image. My Leica is more than capable for the type of picture taking I like to do.

I purchased a 1Dx 2.5 years ago and three other bodies i've accumulated since 2009. the 1Dx has less than 3k clicks on it, I mainly used it for BIF, airshows and video when using it with the steadicam merlin. I was thinking of selling it and the rest of the heavy gear but I would rather keep it after the offers I've received from craigslist and the used department in BnH.

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
Joined May 2007
Oak Park, Illinois
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by airfrogusmc.
Feb 29, 2016 13:59 |  #17

Sold my Canon gear I used for my commercial/advertising work: 200 2L, 85L 35L 24L 2 5DII bodies Metz 58 and Canon 580 and I have NO REGRETS. Both of my 5DIIs were 150K plus each and I don't like all the auto everything FPS video etc that are the one size fits all DSLRs. I really love the rangefinder shooting experience. Actually if Leica would have had a FF camera when I went digital for my pro work in late 2005 I would have gone Leica at that point.

Got what I paid for the 200 2L and selling the Canon gear pretty much paid for my Leica stuff. I also picked up a couple of Leica sf58 strobes.

dtufino
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,017 posts
Joined Apr 2006
New York Gritty
Mar 10, 2016 06:51 |  #18

I still have all my canon gear and saved up to get the Leica Q..... but now i'm selling the Q... lol not used to the 28mm focal length... not my style of shooting. posted it on "For Sale" section if anyone wants it.

-David T.
www.dtufinophoto.comexternal link

@dtufino_photoexternal link
flickrexternal link

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
Joined May 2007
Oak Park, Illinois
Mar 13, 2016 13:01 |  #19

dtufino wrote in post #17930258 (external link)
I still have all my canon gear and saved up to get the Leica Q..... but now i'm selling the Q... lol not used to the 28mm focal length... not my style of shooting. posted it on "For Sale" section if anyone wants it.

I say try an M. I picked up a gently used M-E with a one year Leica warranty and that matched with a 35mm Zeiss Biogon C was less than a Q.

8,575 views & 3 likes for this thread
Plan on Moving to Leica
FORUMS Leica Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Leica Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.