Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 11 Apr 2016 (Monday) 13:03
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

canon editing will not run on new mac

boomboom11
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined May 2010
swindon england
Apr 11, 2016 13:03 |  #1

can't get any of the disc to work on my new mac any ideas

sponsored links
travisvwright
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2013
NC
Apr 11, 2016 13:27 |  #2

Lot's of newer Mac's don't come with disc drives. Could be the problem.

I come here for your expert opinion. Please do not hesitate to critique or edit.
70D, T3i, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 100 2.8 Macro, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 10-18 4.5 STM

Franklin NC Photographer Travis Wright (external link)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by Left Handed Brisket.
Apr 11, 2016 13:40 |  #3

travisvwright wrote in post #17968318 (external link)
Lot's of newer Mac's don't come with disc drives. Could be the problem.

you think his problem is that he can't get the disk in the slot? lol

boomboom, go to the canon website, look up your camera, and download the most recent version for your OS and camera combo. They do a good job of pointing you to the right version.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

kirkt
Cream of the Crop
5,426 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Philadelphia, PA USA
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by kirkt. 2 edits done in total.
Apr 11, 2016 13:43 |  #4

Please provide us with the mac model/year/version and the OS version you are using, as well as the Canon software that you cannot get to run. Otherwise we have no idea what your problem is and what the potential solutions might be.

Also, what camera model are you trying to use with the Canon software?

kirk

Kirk
---

travisvwright
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2013
NC
Apr 11, 2016 14:05 |  #5

Left Handed Brisket wrote in post #17968337 (external link)
you think his problem is that he can't get the disk in the slot? lol

boomboom, go to the canon website, look up your camera, and download the most recent version for your OS and camera combo. They do a good job of pointing you to the right version.

Hey it could happen, and it made two of us laugh now. Unless you are an lol liar. Given the details in the op it's just as valid as any other suggestion. Well besides:

IMAGE: http://replygif.net/thumbnail/792.gif

I come here for your expert opinion. Please do not hesitate to critique or edit.
70D, T3i, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 100 2.8 Macro, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 10-18 4.5 STM

Franklin NC Photographer Travis Wright (external link)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Apr 11, 2016 14:17 |  #6

i definitely lol'ed. :P

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

boomboom11
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined May 2010
swindon england
Apr 17, 2016 16:19 |  #7

5d mk iii and mac is about 5 weeks old will have another go on the site have tried to down load latest soft ware

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Rhode Island
Apr 17, 2016 16:38 |  #8

boomboom11 wrote in post #17975086 (external link)
5d mk iii and mac is about 5 weeks old will have another go on the site have tried to down load latest soft ware

As was stated before, we need more information if you would like some help.

What is the exact numerical version of the operating system you are using? To find this information, click on the Apple symbol in the very upper left corner of your screen and then click on About this Mac.

What software are you trying to use? Please give us the title and a link to where the software is located online.

Cheers,
Bryan

My Gear List

sponsored links

1,556 views & 2 likes for this thread
canon editing will not run on new mac
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.