Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 01 Feb 2016 (Monday) 01:01
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Official specs: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II

this thread is locked
robamy
917 posts
Joined Oct 2008
Chepachet, RI
Apr 21, 2016 15:16 |  #1606

Oil, well someone just moved up in line. I cancelled my order ;-)a

flickr https://www.flickr.com​/photos/robamyphotos/ (external link)
YouTube https://www.youtube.co​m .../UCXHzc4eU2AfHUCuGW​31GNdA (external link)
Vimeo https://vimeo.com/roba​myvideos (external link)

sponsored links
frankchn
455 posts
Joined Jun 2009
Apr 21, 2016 17:11 |  #1607

Looks like Nikon got their D500 orders out in time before Passover starts. I wonder if Canon moved the release date back by a week to accommodate B&H and Adorama?

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
Joined Oct 2007
Gig Harbor, Washington
Apr 21, 2016 17:22 |  #1608

frankchn wrote in post #17980067 (external link)
Looks like Nikon got their D500 orders out in time before Passover starts. I wonder if Canon moved the release date back by a week to accommodate B&H and Adorama?

Yup[my buddy is posting his D500 25000 iso shots....looks pretty darn good.

Mike
www.umphotography.comexternal link
GEAR LIST
Facebookexternal link

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Rhode Island
Apr 21, 2016 18:11 |  #1609

See the first post in this thread over on FM for a psuedo-comparison of ISO 25,600 files between the 1D X and the 1D X Mark II. Remember, this is not a direct comparison as the 1D X file was taken years ago...so it's not really a direct comparison under anything even remotely close to controlled conditions, but it does give us some insight and I lie what I see!

http://www.fredmiranda​.com/forum/topic/14257​60 (external link)

Cheers,
Bryan

My Gear List

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
Joined Jul 2013
Apr 21, 2016 18:43 as a reply to post 17979900 |  #1610

Clean from 8-10K and I'll be elated for my environment.
Shot this morning with the 7Dii at 4K and just too much noise.
I know others with 7Dii go even higher but after processing my detail is gone.

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

frankchn
455 posts
Joined Jun 2009
Apr 21, 2016 21:25 |  #1611

Gadget-Guy wrote in post #17979847 (external link)
Hope this isnt against forum rules but a review with downloadable RAW's has just been posted on Ephotozine.

https://www.ephotozine​.com ...-review-28791/performance (external link)

I am very impressed by ISO 25600 and ISO 51200 raw files when opened in ACR. Chroma noise/blotchiness/band​ing seems well suppressed and the noise looks pretty pleasing. I would say with a bit of processing and the right exposure, ISO 51200 is definitely usable in this camera.

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Rhode Island
Apr 21, 2016 23:46 |  #1612

One thing is for sure now: those of us with B&H and Adorama pre-orders can now sit back and wait for Sunday, May 1st since there is a 0% chance that our cameras will ship before then.

I did find something interesting today: the shipping date for the Canon WFT-E8A has moved up to April 25. I guess Canon wants to put it in the hands of pros before their 1D X MII arrives.

We're almost there -- just a short ways to go!

Bryan

My Gear List

frankchn
455 posts
Joined Jun 2009
Apr 22, 2016 00:12 as a reply to bps's post |  #1613

The LP-E19 battery and LC-E19 charger shipping dates are also April 25th on Amazon.

Neilyb
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2005
Munich
Apr 22, 2016 02:13 |  #1614

Gadget-Guy wrote in post #17979847 (external link)
Hope this isnt against forum rules but a review with downloadable RAW's has just been posted on Ephotozine.

https://www.ephotozine​.com ...-review-28791/performance (external link)

I could use ISO25k all day, and the shadow noise is gone, at last. Now I just need to wait for the 5DmkIV :)

http://natureimmortal.​blogspot.comexternal link

http://www.natureimmor​tal.comexternal link

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
Joined Jul 2013
Apr 22, 2016 03:32 |  #1615

T-8 days.

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

jonneymendoza
Goldmember
3,687 posts
Joined Apr 2008
Apr 22, 2016 04:50 |  #1616

Would a 1dx2 paired with a a7r2 be the best setup?

a7r2 for snapshot and travel, and 1dx2 for sport

Canon 5dmkIII | Canon 85L 1.2 | Sigma 35mm ART 1.4|Canon 16-35mm L 2.8 |Canon 24-70mm L f2.8 | Canon 70-200mm F2.8L MK2 | Canon 430EX MK2 Flickrexternal link

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
10,138 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Aug 2010
West Point, Georgia
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by David Arbogast. 2 edits done in total.
Apr 22, 2016 05:17 |  #1617

jonneymendoza wrote in post #17980561 (external link)
Would a 1dx2 paired with a a7r2 be the best setup?

a7r2 for snapshot and travel, and 1dx2 for sport

Don't know if it would be best...probably a very personal answer, but speaking for myself I would sure love that combo. :)

I probably can't afford a 1DX II, but I may consider switching from 5DS R to 5D IV if there is a big improvement in DR. The a7R II has a satisfying resolution for me - 42 MP is excellent - but it might be nice to pair it with a more modest resolution 2nd camera. Right now the a7R II is my "low res" camera, which is kind of crazy. ;)

David | Flickr (external link)

CincyTriGuy
564 posts
Joined Nov 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Apr 22, 2016 06:56 |  #1618

bps wrote in post #17980416 (external link)
I did find something interesting today: the shipping date for the Canon WFT-E8A has moved up to April 25. I guess Canon wants to put it in the hands of pros before their 1D X MII arrives.

The shipping date for the WFT-E8A has always been listed as April 25 on Amazon.

Jason
Canon 1DX Mark II | 16-35 f/2.8L | 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f/1.8 | 70-200 f/2.8L

Scott_online
Joined Aug 2009
Apr 22, 2016 07:58 |  #1619

Looks like UK stock will start shipping on the 28th April.

flickr (external link)

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
Joined Oct 2007
Gig Harbor, Washington
Apr 22, 2016 08:37 |  #1620

Read the comments at Fred Miranda. Test looks awesome for Canon shooters.

Might add to all the Nay Sayers..... The testers got it right and told it like it was. SO MUCH for so and so is a paid Canon or Nikon shooter so they are going to tell you what they want to say to keep their positions with the perspective MFG's

Thats total BS in this day and age of photography !!!!

Ole and Andy and Damian Do not need to lie or stretch the truth. They have their stuff together. End of conversation.

Everything I have read and Now see points to captain obvious.

These updates are game changers for both MFG's followers.

Canon finally gets a sensor with great Dynamic range, dark/shadow retention, usable ISO at 25000 on a body with the best AF system of the market.

Nikon has a sensor that performs better with ISO ( probably a full stop ), has great dynamic range, the best dark/shadow retention on the market and has the 2nd best AF system on the market.

Both MFG's have the best glass available to slap on these bodies to get the best optical performance we have ever seen to date.

Its going to be very difficult from this release forward to jump around from body to body especially for professionals who are very much invested with the perspective line ups they use. Dont forget, we are talking body and glass investment only. Now factor in speedlights, OCF lighting investments and it makes it darn near impossible to switch around.

For canon shooters I think this is a great investment considering the 1DxS was $6500.00 and held that spot for such a long time. I would still prefer the 1.3 sensor but I get why canon did what they did. I think the move probably allows the 1Dx2 to come in at this price point and Im very sure its going to hold ( like the 1Dx1) until next update.

This is a body that I can keep and use for 6-8 yrs. 25000 ISO is just unbelievable to me. I cant image needing anything more on a body. I want to be the guy at the next update that says im still perfectly happy with this 1Dx2.

Nikon D5 will get camera of the year.

Remarkable ISO performance and best dark shadow retention on the market makes this cameras the best in class its for working pros.

Mike
www.umphotography.comexternal link
GEAR LIST
Facebookexternal link

sponsored links

225,659 views & 958 likes for this thread
Official specs: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.