Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera
Thread started 23 Apr 2016 (Saturday) 16:36
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

7d2 AF Servo question

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
31,918 posts
Gallery: 58 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Apr 28, 2016 18:48 as a reply to post 17988388 |  #31

3rd reply ;)

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

aezoss
Joined Nov 2013
Apr 28, 2016 22:50 |  #32

Milutiche wrote in post #17988315 (external link)
In the first shot were you using AI servo or had you pre focused for the dog to jump into frame? also, if you were on ai servo/burst how did the rest of the shots turn out?

Servo. The handlers hold on to the dog near the back of the dock. When the handler releases an experienced dog will usually take off in a straight line directly at the camera. I place the focus point on the dog's head, press * to engage servo a moment or two before release and try to keep the point on the dog as he/she is running toward the water. I try to press the shutter closer to the end of the dock, just before the leap. This sequence turned out ok. If I remember correctly the image was 8 or 9 of 30-something frames.

Some dogs just go for it, jump and fall in an arc that's somewhat easy to follow. Others like the black pup below zig zag across the dock, stop short, try negotiating with the handler and jump when you least expect it.

Lee

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

aezoss
Joined Nov 2013
Apr 28, 2016 22:55 |  #33

digital paradise wrote in post #17987724 (external link)
There was a long thread about this at Fred Miranda and was discussed here I believe. No one really knows for sure but there only two answers from Canon that I know of.

Good info, thanks. I'll look for that FM thread.

Lee

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
11,829 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Apr 28, 2016 23:30 |  #34

aezoss wrote in post #17988919 (external link)
Servo. The handlers hold on to the dog near the back of the dock. When the handler releases an experienced dog will usually take off in a straight line directly at the camera. I place the focus point on the dog's head, press * to engage servo a moment or two before release and try to keep the point on the dog as he/she is running toward the water. I try to press the shutter closer to the end of the dock, just before the leap. This sequence turned out ok. If I remember correctly the image was 8 or 9 of 30-something frames.

Some dogs just go for it, jump and fall in an arc that's somewhat easy to follow. Others like the black pup below zig zag across the dock, stop short, try negotiating with the handler and jump when you least expect it.

Lee

thumbnailHosted photo: posted by aezoss in
./showthread.php?p=179​88919&i=i68155822
forum: Camera Vs. Camera
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by aezoss in
./showthread.php?p=179​88919&i=i215625217
forum: Camera Vs. Camera

I lik that second shot.

Image Editing OK

Websiteexternal link ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

6,572 views & 2 likes for this thread
7d2 AF Servo question
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.