Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 27 Apr 2016 (Wednesday) 14:46
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

1D X Mark II Owners Unite! Discuss & Post Photos

GyRob
Cream of the Crop
9,954 posts
Joined Feb 2005
N.E.LINCOLNSHIRE UK.
May 06, 2016 09:03 |  #331

buddy4344 wrote in post #17997532 (external link)
A little off subject, but love these images. What was set up/lighting source?

Just taken in daylight ,any up light would be from a roof below the barn window.

Rob.

"The LensMaster Gimbal"
http://www.lensmaster.​co.uk/rh1.htmexternal link

sponsored links
Scott_online
Joined Aug 2009
May 06, 2016 13:09 |  #332

TDP managed to shoot raw at 14fps for over 6 minutes without filling the buffer. That's over 5000 images!

http://www.the-digital-picture.com ...News-Post.aspx?News=18212 (external link)

flickr (external link)

don1163
Goldmember
Joined May 2015
Washford, Somerset/ UK
May 06, 2016 13:18 |  #333

Scott_online wrote in post #17997858 (external link)
TDP managed to shoot raw at 14fps for over 6 minutes without filling the buffer. That's over 5000 images!

But he wasn't shooting images, so a bit of a pointless exercise really...

1DX, 500L f4, 70-200L f2.8II, 100L f2.8 macro ,16-35 f4, 1.4xIII, Metz 64-AF1

dzaneh
Joined Aug 2009
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by dzaneh.
May 06, 2016 13:21 |  #334

Just got email saying mine was being packed for shipment...
They told me yesterday when I ordered it was on back order & it'd probably be 3 to 5 days before they get 'em...
purty cool...

stuff

Dankata
Cream of the Crop
5,136 posts
Joined Jan 2009
Mexico
May 06, 2016 13:21 |  #335

After two days of drama and finally this morning, a conference call between the Adorama guy, and 3.. yes 3 of my bank's representatives, and myself, we were able to make the payment go thru, so my camera was just shipped to San Diego where a friend will receive it and he will be here in Mexico next Wednesday, when I will finally get to hug my new baby :lol::love:

-Daniel-
1DXII | 5DIII | 135L | Sigma 35 | 24-70L |17-40L | Sigma 150-600C | 600EX-RT
T1i |85 1.8 | 18-55 | Sigma 10mm f/2.8 Fish Eye | Yongnuo YN-622C| Raynox DCR-250
Facebook (external link) Flickr  (external link)500px (external link)

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
May 06, 2016 13:24 |  #336

Scott_online wrote in post #17997858 (external link)

That's 5000+ black images to sort through. :lol:

Well, just to clarify (as it has been pointed out before). When I set the iso to AUTO, the buffer only shows "43". When I manually set iso to 100, then the buffer reads "59". So I think it simply points to the amazing write speed of the CFast cards to clear enough data so that we can get (at least?) 170 RAWs at 14fps. That is darn impressive to me.

I'm not going to test it. I'll take others word for it that it'll go on and on and on. :lol:

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Review | "The Mighty One" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
May 06, 2016 13:33 |  #337

Dankata wrote in post #17997870 (external link)
After two days of drama and finally this morning, a conference call between the Adorama guy, and 3.. yes 3 of my bank's representatives, and myself, we were able to make the payment go thru, so my camera was just shipped to San Diego where a friend will receive it and he will be here in Mexico next Wednesday, when I will finally get to hug my new baby :lol::love:

I hope he's a dependable/reliable friend. Else, your "friend" might think you've just bought him a very nice gift, and he decides to head north instead of south and leave you hanging! :lol: j/k. Congrats! Can't wait to see your stunning images with the 1DX2.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

Scott_online
Joined Aug 2009
May 06, 2016 13:50 |  #338

don1163 wrote in post #17997865 (external link)
But he wasn't shooting images, so a bit of a pointless exercise really...

I don't think so. An all-black raw image is still ~18MB compared to an average of 23MB, which would suggest that in many cases the buffer depth will exceed 170 images.

(Personally, I only hit the 36 shot buffer on the 1DX once in 3 years so it's unlikely I'll see any benefit, but for a sports shooter, it means they could record the entire 100m at 14fps - possibly even the 200m depending on ISO and background.)

flickr (external link)

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
May 06, 2016 13:58 |  #339

Scott_online wrote in post #17997892 (external link)
I don't think so. An all-black raw image is still ~18MB compared to an average of 23MB, which would suggest that in many cases the buffer depth will exceed 170 images.

(Personally, I only hit the 36 shot buffer on the 1DX once in 3 years so it's unlikely I'll see any benefit, but for a sports shooter, it means they could record the entire 100m at 14fps - possibly even the 200m depending on ISO and background.)

Last weekend, I shot at the Planes of Fame Airshow. It's a huge collection of warbirds of a bygone era, majority of them propeller planes. They will often have anywhere from 6-12 planes doing passes immediately after after another and you literally feel like strafing them back and forth until you get a few seconds of break before the next wave comes around.

I've jammed my 7D and 7D2 buffers plenty of times and ran out of juice as I wait for the buffer to clear and miss the trailing plane.

Shooting at 1/125s to try and capture the prop blur, you come away with only a fraction of keepers so it's ideal to have high FPS and large buffers. But airshows don't happen every day and I haven't been too many where they just come at you wave after wave like they do at PoF. What a great airshow they put up every year. :lol:

Julian

Juggernaut
Joined Oct 2006
Bournemouth. UK
May 06, 2016 14:07 |  #340

i feel like wayne in waynes world when he goes up to the guitar in the window. oh yes it will be mine.

Scott_online
Joined Aug 2009
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by Scott_online.
May 06, 2016 14:27 |  #341

As a die-hard Aperture user, I don't have any means of processing raws at the moment (and I'll probably have to upgrade to El Capitan to do so) so this is SOOC using the in-camera raw-to-jpeg conversion.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

flickr (external link)

bps
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Rhode Island
May 06, 2016 15:04 |  #342

Scott_online wrote in post #17997925 (external link)
As a die-hard Aperture user, I don't have any means of processing raws at the moment (and I'll probably have to upgrade to El Capitan to do so) so this is SOOC using the in-camera raw-to-jpeg conversion.
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by Scott_online in
./showthread.php?p=179​97925&i=i213313583
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Puffin!! :-)

Two thumbs up!
Bryan

My Gear List

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
47,790 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
May 06, 2016 15:18 |  #343

Dankata wrote in post #17997870 (external link)
.....and he will be here in Mexico next Wednesday, .....

Or will he?

Sorry for the dark humor! This is no joking matter!

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

Gadget-Guy
706 posts
Joined Jun 2005
Wolverton,Bucks.UK
May 06, 2016 15:27 |  #344

Few from my first outing with the MKII

1/

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-5cJ4qq2/1/XL/i-5cJ4qq2-XL.jpg

2/

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-92Lq5WK/1/XL/i-92Lq5WK-XL.jpg

3/

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-xt9dsBv/1/XL/i-xt9dsBv-XL.jpg

4/

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-HVcqJJS/0/XL/i-HVcqJJS-XL.jpg

The equipment you'll leave at home will be the equipment you'll need the most!
Murphy's Law

cheffievrs
Joined Dec 2010
Leamington Spa
May 06, 2016 15:51 as a reply to Scott_online's post |  #345

Hi Scott, Im a little concerned that aperture may not get the raw support..?

Queens Royal Hussars
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/59499293@N08external link http://500px.com/jswoo​dexternal link

sponsored links

928,923 views & 12002 likes for this thread
1D X Mark II Owners Unite! Discuss & Post Photos
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.