Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 03 May 2016 (Tuesday) 06:53
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

POTN G-series Speed Challenge #585 - Drink

Trumper
714 posts
Joined May 2003
May 10, 2016 02:56 |  #16

I hope your wife is soon feeling better ,it is so easy to do.Thank you for the 2nd place i have to say i was glad i wasn't judging this one,such a varied interpretation of the subject but when i saw Sibil s one i thought WOW.
Well done and thanks :)

sponsored links
Spoco57
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Mar 2013
Allegany County, NY
May 10, 2016 06:54 |  #17

Thanks for your sympathies and empathies, folks! She's feeling much better today and we're learning to deal with life one-handed. (or utilizing MY two hands a bit more).

Again, I appreciated all the photos. Honestly, any one of them coulda been the winner. I was all about the dog, until the birds and the squirrel and the bottles and glasses showed up and complicated the matter. I based a lot of my choice on "one of these things is not like the others", and also how clever and lovely it is.

Steve

corythosaurus
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2007
Rocky Mountains
May 10, 2016 06:58 |  #18

Thanks to Steve for hosting and judging. Tough task considering the wide variety of shots!

Websiteexternal link - Facebookexternal link

JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
May 10, 2016 07:54 |  #19

Congratulations to Sybil and the other winners...well earned :-) Great entries by all and such a wide variety of fun subjects. Thanks Steve for the excellent challenge.

I really liked Mo's last drop photo and teekay's wine glass photo as my favorites. My photo was made last week at our favorite Greek restaurant...we visit there at least once a week...experiencing the joys of retirement! :-)

Hope your wife recovers quickly...my wife broke her wrist a few years back and she had to have a plate fixed to the wrist bone. She has recovered completely but reports that her wrist is now a better barometer for weather changes then a real device :-)

Jim -- I keep the G5X in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L

Sibil
Goldmember
4,930 posts
Joined Jan 2009
SoCal
May 10, 2016 10:50 |  #20

Wow, I got the nod. Thank you all for the kind words regarding my image. I enjoy this kind of photography, whatever it is called. And congrats to all the other winners. The variety made this very interesting. And, sorry Steve about your wife. We have had that injury in the family and it is not fun.

So now the dreaded week of having to pick a winner for the next challenge begins.

The new challenge will be up shortly.

corythosaurus
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2007
Rocky Mountains
May 11, 2016 10:41 |  #21

Sibil wrote in post #18002322 (external link)
Wow, I got the nod. Thank you all for the kind words regarding my image. I enjoy this kind of photography, whatever it is called. ....

Abstract, and nicely done.

Websiteexternal link - Facebookexternal link

Sibil
Goldmember
4,930 posts
Joined Jan 2009
SoCal
May 11, 2016 11:33 as a reply to corythosaurus's post |  #22

Thank you. Abstract it is.

sponsored links

4,362 views & 11 likes for this thread
POTN G-series Speed Challenge #585 - Drink
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.