Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 27 Apr 2016 (Wednesday) 14:46
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

1D X Mark II Owners Unite! Discuss & Post Photos

smythie
I wasn't even trying
Joined Jun 2009
Sydney - Australia
May 14, 2016 04:01 |  #676

The Limey wrote in post #18006281 (external link)
It's looking like you get card free will camera read 18.000 jpegs per card don't think you will need many cards ;-)a

As someone mentioned above, the card was only packaged with the Premium kit

Gear List

sponsored links
LincsRP
Joined Mar 2007
Lincolnshire,UK
May 14, 2016 04:58 |  #677

smythie wrote in post #18006564 (external link)
As someone mentioned above, the card was only packaged with the Premium kit

I 'think' we'll be getting a free CFast card in the UK up until August or thereabouts.

Steve
www.lincsracephotos.co​.ukexternal link

LincsRP
Joined Mar 2007
Lincolnshire,UK
May 14, 2016 05:02 |  #678

The Limey wrote in post #18006281 (external link)
It's looking like you get card free will camera read 18.000 jpegs per card don't think you will need many cards ;-)a

I know but I do like a couple spare cards when doing weddings. As I don't do video a CFast or lack of wouldn't bother me. Oh well I don't suppose Canon will be following Nikon and their options on the D5 of XQD or CF from the factory.

Steve

Gadget-Guy
706 posts
Joined Jun 2005
Wolverton,Bucks.UK
May 14, 2016 05:41 as a reply to LincsRP's post |  #679

We have to apply for ours online which is why i now have been out and brought one rather than wait.It seems that all the MKII's in Europe run through the same site for registering and getting your card once you have the camera and my application was still pending after two weeks so went out and purchased a Transcend CFX650 128GB Cfast 2.0 ;-)a

The equipment you'll leave at home will be the equipment you'll need the most!
Murphy's Law

Scott_online
Joined Aug 2009
May 14, 2016 05:42 |  #680

LincsRP wrote in post #18006586 (external link)
I 'think' we'll be getting a free CFast card in the UK up until August or thereabouts.

I wish they'd get a move on and actually send them out. I filled in the online forms the same day I got the camera (so 2 weeks ago) and it's still showing as 'being processed'. I don't know why they didn't include them with the camera like they did in the US.

I think the CFAST/CF combination is a transitional thing. I read an interview with Chuck Westfall (Canon US rep.) who said they recognised that many of the customers for the 1DX2 were heavily invested in CF. I think the 1DX3 will be dual CFAST.

flickr (external link)

LincsRP
Joined Mar 2007
Lincolnshire,UK
May 14, 2016 05:46 |  #681

Scott_online wrote in post #18006606 (external link)
I think the CFAST/CF combination is a transitional thing. I read an interview with Chuck Westfall (Canon US rep.) who said they recognised that many of the customers for the 1DX2 were heavily invested in CF. I think the 1DX3 will be dual CFAST.

I am too. I think I've 30 CF cards and 35 SD's. They are all 2GB,4GB,8 and 16GB.

Steve

aehric
Joined Jul 2015
Asheville, NC, USA
May 14, 2016 07:53 |  #682

Unedited sooc jpeg from last night.

I :love: this camera.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 6D, EOS 1D X Mark II | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM, EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 8-15mm f/4L USM | Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT

PeterAlex7
153 posts
Joined Dec 2015
May 14, 2016 08:26 |  #683

Dear scott,

Do you use a shoulder bag to carry your 1DX II + 300mm f2.8 ? If yes, what brand is it? Is there any other brands besides domke?

Any suggestions guys?

Scott_online
Joined Aug 2009
May 14, 2016 09:22 |  #684

PeterAlex7 wrote in post #18006710 (external link)
Dear scott,

Do you use a shoulder bag to carry your 1DX II + 300mm f2.8 ? If yes, what brand is it? Is there any other brands besides domke?

Any suggestions guys?

Hi Peter,

I find shoulder bags quite uncomfortable. My two 'go to' bags are the Think Tank Airport Commuter when I need to take everything and the Think Tank Glass Taxi when I'm just taking the 300 and a body. They're both backpacks.

I do have a few other bags (mainly Think Tank) but I was finding it harder and harder to get rollers on to planes.

flickr (external link)

wallstreetoneil
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2014
Toronto Canada
May 14, 2016 09:29 |  #685

just because it works - the ridiculous light 1DX II setup with bounce flash (40mm and 270EX II)

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7045/26401971234_0b8e484656_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/Ge41​dA] (external link)1DX II with 40mm and 270EXII (external link) by Paul O'Neil (external link), on Flickr

Excuse the crappy cell phone picture

This is my first one series so I have spent the last few days with the camera in my hands for hours memorizing where all the buttons are and setting up all the options.

I have two nit picks with the camera so far:
1) the FEC button is in the completely wrong spot on camera left - should be on the right side - switching with EC or WB
2) bigger beef is that while the AF points are in red (fantastic), in in viewer display items (WB, drive mode, metering mode, etc) are not light up, unlike with the 5DSR, so if you are in a dark room you cannot see properly to change them - this seems like a huge oversight - or I'm missing something

I'm a big bounce flash person and like to keep this tiny flash in my bag because low ISOs are better. I also like to see how low of a shutter speed I can use when I use by using 2nd curtain sync. I had the 85L II at 1.6 down to 1/10th in sharp focus by underexposing the ambient by 2 1/2 stops and bouncing this tiny flash into a white roof. I don't use this flash when getting paid obviously, but it works unbelievably well and I bought it years ago for the 5D3.

Hockey and wedding photographer. Favourite camera / lens combos: a 1DX II with a Tamron 45 1.8 VC, an A7Rii with a Canon 24-70F2.8L II, and a 5DSR with a Tamron 85 1.8 VC. Every lens I own I strongly recommend [Canon (35Lii, 100L Macro, 24-70F2.8ii, 70-200F2.8ii, 100-400Lii), Tamron (45 1.8, 85 1.8), Sigma 24-105]. If there are better lenses out there let me know because I haven't found them.

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
11,815 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
May 14, 2016 09:43 |  #686

Since we here can someone tell me what this button actually does. I know what multi function is but what functions does it actually control. When I press page 445 it skips to that page but ti does not really tell me anything. Unless you are holding it and trying it out it is not easy. That is the only thing that has me stumped a bit.

IMAGE: http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/Zenon1/1DX/Untitled_zpswkrtfjfv.jpg~original

Image Editing OK

Websiteexternal link ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

Scott_online
Joined Aug 2009
May 14, 2016 09:51 |  #687

digital paradise wrote in post #18006758 (external link)
Since we here can someone tell me what this button actually does. I know what multi function is but what functions does it actually control. When I press page 445 it skips to that page but ti does not really tell me anything. Unless you are holding it and trying it out it is not easy. That is the only thing that has me stumped a bit.

QUOTED IMAGE

It's programmable via the Custom Controls settings. I use it to switch between Servo and One Shot.

flickr (external link)

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
May 14, 2016 09:58 |  #688

digital paradise wrote in post #18006758 (external link)

QUOTED IMAGE

I think "multi-function" simply denotes that you can program it to do whatever it is you like (among the options given to you). Traditionally, being only 1 button for DoF, now that they added that 2nd button, you can now assign your preference.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Review | "The Mighty One" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

Dankata
Cream of the Crop
5,109 posts
Joined Jan 2009
Mexico
May 14, 2016 10:05 |  #689

Is there any way I can move the exposure bar like it is on the photo, in Manual mode I only see it on the right side (in the viewfinder) and it's in vertical position and I really want to have it horizontal at the bottom. It is displayed like this in Av an TV modes but not in M, is it possible to display it in M???

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

-Daniel-
1DXII | 5DIII | 135L | Sigma 35 | 24-70L |17-40L | Sigma 150-600C | 600EX-RT
T1i |85 1.8 | 18-55 | Sigma 10mm f/2.8 Fish Eye | Yongnuo YN-622C| Raynox DCR-250
Facebook (external link) Flickr  (external link)500px (external link)

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
11,815 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
May 14, 2016 10:07 |  #690

Thanks everyone.

Image Editing OK

Websiteexternal link ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

sponsored links

818,480 views & 11584 likes for this thread
1D X Mark II Owners Unite! Discuss & Post Photos
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.