Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk
Thread started 12 May 2016 (Thursday) 10:01
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Motorized, Programmable, Panoramic head w/Bracketing?

neacail
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2013
Calgary, AB, Canada
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by neacail. 2 edits done in total.
May 12, 2016 10:01 |  #1

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a motorized, programmable, panoramic head that will perform bracketing, for spherical panoramas. Ideally, I would not have to babysit the setup: so I could potentially move 100+ feet away and the thing would work without me. And, it would be great if it was fast.

I'm thinking for a 6D with 40mm pancake, but also potentially the much heavier 5D3 and heavier lenses.

This would not actually be for a traditional "landscape" photography, but rather for construction planning. Being able to get out of the way is pretty important when scouting bridges, as it would drop the minimum required number of crew members from three to two people in simple situations.

Shelley
Image Editing Okay

neacail
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2013
Calgary, AB, Canada
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by neacail.
May 12, 2016 11:14 |  #2

Wow! I should clarify something (after doing some research online) . . . I am looking for a budget conscious solution.

To give you an idea of where I'm at price point wise . . . the Gigapan Epic Pro is really pushing the limits. The CamRanger system (CamRanger, with PT-Hub, and MP-360) is a pretty comfortable price point. But the MP-360 only has 15° of tilt in either direction (up and down), which I just don't think is enough for my purposes: especially if the camera is mounted horizontally.

Shelley
Image Editing Okay

RobDickinson
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2010
New Zealand
May 18, 2016 18:56 |  #3

I've just replaced my epic pro with an iOptron iPano.

Both can be setup for bracketing, though usually i find it simpler to get magic lantern to do the bracketing on a single trigger from the head.

www.HeroWorkshops.com (external link) - www.rjd.co.nz (external link) - www.zarphag.com (external link)
Gear: A7r, 6D, Irix 15mmf2.4 , canon 16-35f4L, Canon 24mm TS-E f3.5 mk2, Sigma 50mm art, 70-200f2.8L, 400L. Lee filters, iOptron IPano, Emotimo TB3, Markins, Feisol, Novoflex, Sirui. etc.

rezcar
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
Jun 08, 2016 21:14 |  #4

Radian 2? I think you can control bracketing if you have a Canon. It's for panning timelapses, but it's programmable with bluetooth.

Fotostream
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/59148177@N06/ (external link)
#re240zcar
"Image quality is not the product of a machine, but of the person who directs the machine, and there are no limits to imagination and expression." - Ansel Adams

1,207 views & 0 likes for this thread
Motorized, Programmable, Panoramic head w/Bracketing?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.