Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Bird Talk
Thread started 28 May 2016 (Saturday) 09:59
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Anybody have recommendations for a light, easy to carry folding chair for short hikes?

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
Joined Sep 2008
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Jun 09, 2016 10:54 |  #16

I bought a fishing stool for 8 euro a couple of years ago. Works great. Folds up, weighs nothing and is quite comfortable to sit on. They come in different styles of course. I have something similar to this (external link).

Levina
Please quote when responding to a post!!!
There is no such thing as ect. It's etc. (with period) from latin et cetera.
Colours are not complimentary but complementary.
My flickr: birds (external link) non-birds (external link)

sponsored links
SteB
Joined Oct 2008
Whitchurch, Shropshire, United Kingdom
Jun 10, 2016 02:19 |  #17

I can recommend the Walkstools. They are expensive, but excellent, light and pack very well. Plus they come in different heights. As already mentioned there is an attachment called the Walkstool Steady to stop the legs sinking in on soft ground. Personally I haven't bought one yet as the Walkstool has quite wide feet and I haven't experienced any difficulties with the legs sinking in. In addition, you can get spares such as replacement legs for these seats, and they take much more weight than most of these type. I've got the 65cm one, which I found perfect as it means you are not sitting too low.

johnf3f
Goldmember
3,682 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2010
Wales
Jun 10, 2016 18:34 |  #18

I see a few recommendations for the Walkstool. A friend of mine has one and rates it very highly, I agree that it is well made but when I sit on it I think it is an instrument of torture - no exaggeration it hurts me just where I really don't want to be hurt! He (the owner) finds it absolutely fine and can sit comfortably on it for hours. It is an excellent piece of kit but TRY before you buy!

Personally I use this one:

https://www.anglingact​ive.co.uk ...NuC9I3Nns0CFcSRGwod​w3QDhA (external link)

Cheap and cheerful, comfy, doesn't sink too far unless the mud is very soft. It is not the lightest but far from the heaviest!

Life is for living, cameras are to capture it (one day I will learn how!).

jnecr
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Sep 2015
Raleigh, NC
Jun 10, 2016 18:36 as a reply to johnf3f's post |  #19

That one is very similar to the Dove hunting stool that somebody else recommended. I agree that the Walkstool looks a bit uncomfortable for the manly bits...

-John

johnf3f
Goldmember
3,682 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2010
Wales
Jun 10, 2016 18:41 as a reply to jnecr's post |  #20

As I said - try it first. My friend finds it very comfortable and it is a quality item, unfortunately I don't!
See Codling Grinder (Blackadder series 1, end of Episode 6) - we are all built a little different.

Life is for living, cameras are to capture it (one day I will learn how!).

JM45ACP
Joined Dec 2011
Ct. USA
Jun 11, 2016 19:13 |  #21

I bought this one at Cabelas a few years ago for $7.99 you cant beat it.
http://www.cabelas.com ...I9gQodu-sEsA&gclsrc=aw.ds (external link)

John
7D Mark II==7D == EF 24-105mm f4L IS USM == EF 100mm f/2.8LMacro==70-200mm f2.8L IS II USM == EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM UD == EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM==Speedlite 430 EX II == Benro A1980F Tripod W/ Opteka GH1 Gimbal Head==Manfrotto Monopods 680B==294-4==Various Cables Wireless Triggers and Other Stuff== PHOTO EDITING OK

sponsored links

6,206 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anybody have recommendations for a light, easy to carry folding chair for short hikes?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Bird Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.