Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental
Thread started 27 Jun 2016 (Monday) 19:12
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Still Life Part Deux - C&C Please

bpiper7
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2007
Richmond Va.
Jun 27, 2016 19:12 |  #1

Okay, Promise this is the last of this batch and this is from the same session. The camera was raised a couple inches to accommodate the flowers and that provides some depth. the sculpture may be more in the BG. Does this at least move in the direction to help satisfy the folks with heartburn from the first thread? i think it allows for some traveling throught the image and some extra interest and color association.

Yes? No? thanks in advance.

IMAGE: http://www.billpiperphotos.com/img/s5/v125/p2133657120-5.jpg

Bill

billpiperphotos.comexternal link
Gear: 60D - 400D - 15-85 EF-S, 55-250 EF-S,18-55mm EF-S, EF, 50mm 1.8 and more stuff .

OhLook
Spiderwoman
14,962 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Jun 27, 2016 20:32 |  #2

This is more pleasing to the eye, and the lighting is good. I still think the sculpture is too unrelated to the vases to warrant grouping it with them. The question that the arrangement raises for me is, why are these things together?

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

bpiper7
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2007
Richmond Va.
Jun 30, 2016 20:32 |  #3

OhLook wrote in post #18051847 (external link)
This is more pleasing to the eye, and the lighting is good. I still think the sculpture is too unrelated to the vases to warrant grouping it with them. The question that the arrangement raises for me is, why are these things together?

Thank you Oh Look. I appreciate the input. I don't know what to tell you other than that those things got together because I just brought them together. :-)

But here's a combination you may not care for either from an earlier session.

IMAGE: http://www.billpiperphotos.com/img/s9/v93/p2068773493-5.jpg

And for those who needed depth: ;-)a

IMAGE: http://www.billpiperphotos.com/img/s7/v152/p1958856817-5.jpg

thanks to all who took the time to help me.:-D

Bill

billpiperphotos.comexternal link
Gear: 60D - 400D - 15-85 EF-S, 55-250 EF-S,18-55mm EF-S, EF, 50mm 1.8 and more stuff .

1,244 views & 1 like for this thread
Still Life Part Deux - C&C Please
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.