Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 16 Aug 2016 (Tuesday) 10:50
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

POTN G-series Speed Challenge #599 (previously labeled #596) - Seats, Benches, Chairs...

Trumper
712 posts
Joined May 2003
Aug 23, 2016 06:07 |  #16

NEW CHALLENGE POSTED HERE --READ CAREFULLY and have fun :) http://photography-on-the.net .../showthread.php?t=1​465983

sponsored links
JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Aug 23, 2016 08:20 |  #17

Congratulations to Trumper, M_Six, OhLook, and Maureen Souza on their outstanding entries! In fact all were outstanding entries this week. Great contest teekay and you had your work cut out to pick just three from this super set of entries.

My favorites were M_Six, Trumper, and OhLook. I loved the composition in M_Six's photo...where was that taken? It is an interesting array of seats for sure.

I appreciate all the comments on my photo. I made that two weeks ago at the Plainfield, IL Antique Show. There were dozens of old cars there and I had a blast capturing as many as I could. I agree cars from the 50's and 60's were much more fun and simpler; and were much more conducive to courting ;-)a I courted my wife for two years in a 1956 Chevrolet...and then she caught me :-)

Jim -- I keep the G5X in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
6,578 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
East Central IL
Aug 23, 2016 09:28 |  #18

JimAskew wrote in post #18103569 (external link)
Congratulations to Trumper, M_Six, OhLook, and Maureen Souza on their outstanding entries! In fact all were outstanding entries this week. Great contest teekay and you had your work cut out to pick just three from this super set of entries.

My favorites were M_Six, Trumper, and OhLook. I loved the composition in M_Six's photo...where was that taken? It is an interesting array of seats for sure.

I appreciate all the comments on my photo. I made that two weeks ago at the Plainfield, IL Antique Show. There were dozens of old cars there and I had a blast capturing as many as I could. I agree cars from the 50's and 60's were much more fun and simpler; and were much more conducive to courting ;-)a I courted my wife for two years in a 1956 Chevrolet...and then she caught me :-)

My shot was taken from the riverwalk above the Chicago River by Michigan Ave. That was one of the river tour boats on the water below me. They had just opened it up to passengers, hence the availability of seating.

Mark J.
Gear

OhLook
Spiderwoman
14,970 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Aug 23, 2016 11:13 |  #19

Mark, Jim, and Jim, I appreciate your kind comments on my tiny chair.

Trumper wrote in post #18103470 (external link)
for me when i first saw M Sixes where to sit photo i thought that was the winner and that was before anyone else had posted.

Me too. After seeing that composition, I felt free to post with no risk of winning.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
32,625 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Aug 23, 2016 15:58 |  #20

Congrats to the winners! Mark's entry was my fave this week but all the entries were well done. Thanks for the challenge, teekay!!!!

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
5DIII
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0, 300/f4, 24-70/2.8 both I & II

CarloY
668 posts
Joined Sep 2009
Aug 24, 2016 16:37 |  #21

Congrats to the Winners this week.
Thanks Teekay for the contest and theme.

My Fav was Trumper's moody piece.

My shot was taken at 3:30pm -ish, so the lull between lunch and dinner. I think that whole shopping center lacks a 'bustle', but maybe that's a good thing... slow moving and relaxed outdoors.

G9's... enthusiast and hobby clicker... toying w/ Canon 2x Tele & Raynox .7x Wide.

Trumper
712 posts
Joined May 2003
Aug 25, 2016 11:49 |  #22

M_Six wrote in post #18103209 (external link)
Love that shot, Trumper. Very moody indeed. Kudos on the win.

Thank you :) for the record it is taken from Whitby North East Yorkshire [a lot of my photos come from there LOL :)] but it is impossible to take a bad photo in such a beautiful area.

teekay
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,557 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by teekay.
Aug 25, 2016 18:34 |  #23

Trumper wrote in post #18105878 (external link)
.... it is taken from Whitby North East Yorkshire [a lot of my photos come from there LOL :)] but it is impossible to take a bad photo in such a beautiful area.

I agree, and just wish I could revisit and stay a week with any of my current digital cameras. Last time I was there I just had a small film camera and took Kodachromes like this dusty old one I scanned into digital format years later. I expect you'll recognize the spot.

IMAGE: http://community.netidea.com/teekay/temp/Whitby.jpg

Sibil
Goldmember
4,923 posts
Joined Jan 2009
SoCal
Aug 25, 2016 18:51 |  #24

teekay wrote in post #18106321 (external link)
I agree, and just wish I could revisit and stay a week with any of my current digital cameras. Last time I was there I just had a small film camera and took Kodachromes like this dusty old one I scanned into digital form years later. I expect you'll recognize the spot.
QUOTED IMAGE

It has some very interesting mood to it.

CarloY
668 posts
Joined Sep 2009
Aug 26, 2016 19:36 |  #25

@teekay, re: Whitby North East Yorkshire
Imagine if you had a quad-drone and a camera somewhere between 45mme and 85mme hovering over the scene. Not too high.

G9's... enthusiast and hobby clicker... toying w/ Canon 2x Tele & Raynox .7x Wide.

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
6,578 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
East Central IL
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by M_Six.
Aug 26, 2016 21:06 |  #26

CarloY wrote in post #18107514 (external link)
@teekay, re: Whitby North East Yorkshire
Imagine if you had a quad-drone and a camera somewhere between 45mme and 85mme hovering over the scene. Not too high.

Especially if it was out over the cliffs looking in. That would be a cool shot.

Oops, I'm thinking of Trumper's shot.

Mark J.
Gear

sponsored links

5,184 views & 10 likes for this thread
POTN G-series Speed Challenge #599 (previously labeled #596) - Seats, Benches, Chairs...
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.