Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 23 Aug 2016 (Tuesday) 06:07
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

POTN G-Series Speed Challenge #600 (previously labeled #597) DANGER AND SUSPENSE

Trumper
712 posts
Joined May 2003
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by Trumper. 2 edits done in total.
Aug 23, 2016 06:07 |  #1

POTN G-Series Speed Challenge 957 is DANGER and SUSPENSE , a broad spectrum BUT DO NOT put yourself in any danger.
I just want an idea of what you consider dangerous or a danger or a perceived danger .
Imagine you are trying to show a child or an alien who may have very little concept of what may hurt them or become a dangerous situation or item.We do this subconsciously all the time, mind the kerb ,watch your head,wait for that car,anticipate,mind the sharp thing,is this hot,does this sting/bite
Don't want to see any photos of people or animals suffering or blood and guts --use your common sense :)

Sometimes Danger can be planned with no or little risk ,i e fairground rides ,shouting BOO ,watching a frightening film.

Have fun and i am aware that here in the UK Monday 29th is a Bank Holiday .
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday Noon GMT, 29th August.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile. This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you. _______________
Photo Submissions
1. Camera -- photos must be taken with a Canon G-Series Camera (G1,G2,G3,G5,G6) or Pro 1.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be no less than 800 and no more than 1024 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS. Odd-sized photos ineligible.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting -- ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge. Photo Name in the message subject line. Camera model.
6. Commenting by Photographers . No Commenting by others -- When the posting is closed, comments can be made in this thread.
---------------
Time One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT.
Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT or earlier.

---------------

Thank you all for posting you certainly made my life very hard.I could have swapped positions of them several times ,i came to my 1 ,2 ,3 choices then let my wife look at the photos and we both chose different ones LOL.
But i have had to make a choice so here they are

1st place SIBIL I have to say that just looked like a disaster waiting to happen ,no offence to the workman LOL it was just the way they were all perched and the look of the weight of the beam -wobble crump.

2nd place Maureen Adventure ,the invincibility of youth and the look of not sure but i hope someone may help me and whoops i've been caught LOL. :)

3rd place Oh Look i bet most people looked at that and shuddered,i know i did LOL.

Jim ,Blacksmith lovely photo of a now rare skill, a friend of mine is a blacksmith ,quite amazing skills ,professional but they need to be. :)

Teekay -- your photo was one i kept coming back to ,knees ,elbows and bangs and crumps ,glad to see they were wearing hats,well done them :)

Spoco,Excellent photo from the sharp end-- thats a sneaky nasty looking piece of modern machinery,i doubt the people affected by it never know it's there,silent and deadly.

Raven and Carlos --Both of yours made me wince ,one mis step ,a lack of concentration and you could have a long and painful day ,ouch ,ouch ,ouch. :)

I think any of them could've come in different orders but had to make a choice so THANK YOU ALL ,Well done Sibil -take it away for next week :)

sponsored links
JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Aug 24, 2016 11:05 |  #2

Caution, Fire Burns!
G5X: f/1.8, 1/30th, ISO 500, 9MM

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Jim -- I keep the G5X in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L

Sibil
Goldmember
4,922 posts
Joined Jan 2009
SoCal
Aug 24, 2016 13:53 |  #3

Careful, don't lose your footing!
G11

IMAGE: http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss67/Mirook/IMG_3483careful.jpg

teekay
Goldmember
2,557 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by teekay. 2 edits done in total.
Aug 24, 2016 18:44 |  #4

Always wear your helmet, son...

IMAGE: http://community.netidea.com/teekay/temp/Scooter1024.jpg
G15

Spoco57
Joined Mar 2013
Allegany County, NY
Aug 24, 2016 20:49 |  #5

Fear the Reaper
G1X

HOSTED PHOTO

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
32,625 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Aug 25, 2016 04:13 |  #6

Too High For Comfort

Pro1

HOSTED PHOTO

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
5DIII
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0, 300/f4, 24-70/2.8 both I & II

OhLook
Spiderwoman
14,970 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Aug 25, 2016 19:51 |  #7

Anxiety

HOSTED PHOTO
G15

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

Raven
698 posts
Joined Jan 2005
Seattle area, WA, USA
Aug 26, 2016 03:44 |  #8

Watch Your Step

G9

IMAGE: http://jimowensphotography.zenfolio.com/img/s12/v170/p756602666-5.jpg

CarloY
667 posts
Joined Sep 2009
Aug 29, 2016 04:15 |  #9

Oh, I'm so Soft, Touch Me
Canon G9

HOSTED PHOTO

G9's... enthusiast and hobby clicker... toying w/ Canon 2x Tele & Raynox .7x Wide.

Trumper
THREAD ­ STARTER
712 posts
Joined May 2003
Aug 29, 2016 11:13 |  #10

:-) Thread closed for judging ,going to have my first look at the photos :eek: so thank you all for taking part hope you enjoyed it :) Back soon .:arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow:

Trumper
THREAD ­ STARTER
712 posts
Joined May 2003
Aug 29, 2016 13:46 |  #11

:-) Results at the top --well done everyone and thank you --hope you all enjoyed it. :-)

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
32,625 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Aug 29, 2016 15:15 |  #12

Congrats to Sibil & OhLook, & thanks for 2nd place. This was a fun challenge for me as I kept seeing dangerous stuff all week long.;-)a

I would be interested to hear what your wife's choices were, though.... just for fun.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
5DIII
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0, 300/f4, 24-70/2.8 both I & II

OhLook
Spiderwoman
14,970 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Aug 29, 2016 16:21 |  #13

Trumper, thanks for setting up a theme that was out of the ordinary and dealing courageously with all the terrifying interpretations it brought forth :lol: . Thanks for third place, also. Congratulations to Sibil and Maureen.

I liked the cactus scenes, among others. Everyone had an appropriate "answer" to Trumper's "question." It's a dangerous world!

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

Trumper
THREAD ­ STARTER
712 posts
Joined May 2003
Aug 29, 2016 16:27 |  #14

Maureen Souza wrote in post #18110479 (external link)
Congrats to Sibil & OhLook, & thanks for 2nd place. This was a fun challenge for me as I kept seeing dangerous stuff all week long.;-)a

I would be interested to hear what your wife's choices were, though.... just for fun.

I'll ask her tomorrow if i remember but i don't think we matched on any which makes you realise how difficult these things can be .I liked them all and winced at all LOL :)

Sibil
Goldmember
4,922 posts
Joined Jan 2009
SoCal
Aug 29, 2016 17:03 |  #15

Thanks for the first place and congrats to Maureen and Oh Look. As the pictures started coming in, I was starting to feel comfortable that I won't have to deal with running the next challenge. Wrong, I was. Like it's been said before, one never knows which way the judging will go.

Challenge #601 will be up soon.

sponsored links

4,589 views & 4 likes for this thread
POTN G-Series Speed Challenge #600 (previously labeled #597) DANGER AND SUSPENSE
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.