Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras
Thread started 27 May 2015 (Wednesday) 18:49
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Sony A7x lounge

kchanar
Joined Nov 2015
Omaha
Sep 03, 2016 21:21 |  #23236

Multi exposures
Minolta Maxxum 35mm f2.0
Multiple flash exposures BOC blended with ambient in PS C6
Godox AD360 std reflector

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Kelvin (My hobby)

sponsored links
mystik610
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2012
Houston, TX
Sep 03, 2016 21:22 |  #23237

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #18115856 (external link)
While I certainly agree with you that this thread seems to be much more gear centric than I'd prefer and definitely a bit of that defend Sony by any means mentality going on (why I "liked" your post), I can't at all agree that the quality of photos is sub-par, there are some very talented photographers in this thread and some great personalities too (which is why I'm sticking around even though I'm selling my a7S, sorry Nekrosoft :lol: :;): )

Hehe you kept the a7s just for us? Very flattering Lucas.

I personally wouldn't have any beef with you posting your Fuji stuff here. I've always thought you had a great eye for PJ.

focalpointsphoto.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - Instagram (external link)
α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α9 - Zeiss Loxia 21 - Sony/Zeiss 35 f1.4 ZA - 85GM - Sony 70-200GM

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
13,708 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Sep 03, 2016 21:26 |  #23238

Smh, just catching up, apparently oodee doesn't understand the point of this LOUNGE thread.

It's like someone goes to the buffet and expects fine dining.

Sony A7rii x2 - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - FE 35/2.8 - CV 35/1.7 - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CZ 35-70, 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8, 24/1.4 - Tamron 28-75 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 VC

mystik610
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2012
Houston, TX
Sep 03, 2016 22:23 |  #23239

Quick buffet scrap just because.

4K video I shot of the gameday atmosphere today. 72K stadium that was packed to the brim, but this was the latter end of the fourth quarter when most of the OU fans (their section was across from me) had already left.

Quick note...the drunk sounding guy that sounds like he's behind the camera is not me.

Another from last season:

focalpointsphoto.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - Instagram (external link)
α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α9 - Zeiss Loxia 21 - Sony/Zeiss 35 f1.4 ZA - 85GM - Sony 70-200GM

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
5,555 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
Texas
Sep 03, 2016 22:32 |  #23240

Single image exposed for the highlights. Increased shadows and other tone adjustments in LR CC. Applied perspective corrections and color corrected as well as spot healing in PS CC. Applied several Detail Extractor filters to targeted areas in Color Efex. Bumped up the brightness in using targeted radial filters. I wanted to mood of this image to nice bright and airy. I just loved the chandeliers in this room.

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8253/29405146696_a634f2abfb_b.jpg

Sony α7R II / ILCE-7RM2, α6000 / ILCE-6000 | Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA | Carl Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8, Loxia 85mm F2.4, Batis 18mm F2.8 | Voigtlander Heliar Ultra Wide-Angle 12mm f/5.6 | Tokina AT-X 90mm f/2.5 macro |

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
10,071 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Aug 2010
West Point, Georgia
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by David Arbogast. 2 edits done in total.
Sep 03, 2016 22:52 |  #23241

digital_AM wrote in post #18116194 (external link)
Single image exposed for the highlights. Increased shadows and other tone adjustments in LR CC. Applied perspective corrections and color corrected as well as spot healing in PS CC. Applied several Detail Extractor filters to targeted areas in Color Efex. Bumped up the brightness in using targeted radial filters. I wanted to mood of this image to nice bright and airy. I just loved the chandeliers in this room.

QUOTED IMAGE

Wow! Amazing stuff. Are you commissioned to do this work, or do they not mind people just coming in to take pictures? Tripod? And how is such an amazing place so dead empty? Batis 18, right? You've got me totally convinced on that one.

Being in a place like that armed with the Laowa 12mm and the Batis 18mm would be killer. :)

One other side note: It possibly stems from my career in Interior Architecture, but in my favorite lucid dreams I am wandering around an old hotel discovering cool room after cool room like that one. Maybe I'll have another good dream tonight.

David | Flickr (external link)

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
10,071 posts
Joined Aug 2010
West Point, Georgia
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by David Arbogast. 2 edits done in total.
Sep 03, 2016 22:58 |  #23242

mystik610 wrote in post #18116189 (external link)
Quick buffet scrap just because.

4K video I shot of the gameday atmosphere today. 72K stadium that was packed to the brim, but this was the latter end of the fourth quarter when most of the OU fans (their section was across from me) had already left.

Quick note...the drunk sounding guy that sounds like he's behind the camera is not me

Your quick note cracked me up. :) If you were the drunk guy I don't think your footage would be that smooth. :p

I really enjoyed the angle and energy in the second video from last year. Hope you had a great time. Did they win? My K-State Wildcats got their butts handed to them by Stanford Friday night.

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
5,555 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Texas
Sep 03, 2016 23:10 |  #23243

David Arbogast wrote in post #18116210 (external link)
Wow! Amazing stuff. Are you commissioned to do this work, or do they not mind people just coming in to take pictures? Tripod? And how is such an amazing place so dead empty? Batis 18, right? You've got me totally convinced on that one.

Being in a place like that armed with the Laowa 12mm and the Batis 18mm would be killer. :)

One other side note: It possibly stems from my career in Interior Architecture, but in my favorite lucid dreams I am wandering around an old hotel discovering cool room after cool room like that one. Maybe I'll have another good dream tonight.

David, first off thank you for the support and encouragement. I'm not commissioned at all. Sure wish I was. :) My goal is to hopefully sell some prints to the hotel or get paid for using the images in their marketing. This was taken around 6:30 AM so I had the place largely to myself. There were a few guests walking about and the staff walked around preparing for the day. I asked one of the workers there if I could take some shots with my tripod and they said sure go ahead. Yep, this was with my favorite lens for interior architecture, the Batis 18. You should definitely get it. That and the Laowa 12mm along with the Loxia 21 in my bag will be a nice trio for architecture and landscape.

Sony α7R II / ILCE-7RM2, α6000 / ILCE-6000 | Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA | Carl Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8, Loxia 85mm F2.4, Batis 18mm F2.8 | Voigtlander Heliar Ultra Wide-Angle 12mm f/5.6 | Tokina AT-X 90mm f/2.5 macro |

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
10,071 posts
Joined Aug 2010
West Point, Georgia
Sep 03, 2016 23:33 |  #23244

I am seriously thinking about going bonkers with native wide angle primes: 10mm, 12mm, 18mm, 25mm (also plan on keeping the Sigma 20mm and TS-E 24mm). I've always been a wide-angle lover, but I'm finally getting in touch with what a wide-angle nut I really am.

Tonight I went shooting with the 10mm, the 20mm, and the 40mm. I took one shot with the 40mm and everything else was 10mm and 20mm. That CV 10mm is too much fun...love that crazy little thing. :)

If I follow through with the above scheme, I'll need some sort of bag to carry the lenses in.

Puckman
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,219 posts
Joined Sep 2013
Yorba Linda, CA
Sep 03, 2016 23:57 |  #23245

QUOTED IMAGE

This is just another WOW. You've been nailing these interior shots lately. Fantastic work.
I was about to ask the same exact questions as David (How did you get the place to yourself? Tripod?) then saw your answer.
I gotta start wandering around empty hotels like that...Hehe. Except living in the burbs, there isn't anything like this around here. Maybe Disneyland. But I have no interest in that.
The good news is I'm going to Vegas next month. Hoping to capture some goodies there.

You do that Batis 18 a lot more justice than I manage to.
(For what its worth, those Santa Monica pier shots of mine were shot with the Batis 25).

David Arbogast wrote in post #18116235 (external link)
I am seriously thinking about going bonkers with native wide angle primes: 10mm, 12mm, 18mm, 25mm (also plan on keeping the Sigma 20mm and TS-E 24mm). I've always been a wide-angle lover, but I'm finally getting in touch with what a wide-angle nut I really am.

Tonight I went shooting with the 10mm, the 20mm, and the 40mm. I took one shot with the 40mm and everything else was 10mm and 20mm. That CV 10mm is too much fun...love that crazy little thing. :)

If I follow through with the above scheme, I'll need some sort of bag to carry the lenses in.

Welcome to my world, David. I never know what lenses to take with me, and I end up with all or most of them...Still trying to find the right bag for all of that.
You MUST have the Batis 18 and 25. Trust me on that. I know what you like to shoot. And those 2 lenses are right up your alley.

Something else from me. Last weekend, at Crystal Cove.

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8465/29325826232_541638c754_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/LFqw​rE] (external link)20160828-DSC05502.jpg (external link) by Puckman2012 (external link), on Flickr

I have a series of 4 shots from this same moment, following the sun as it dips below the horizon. This one is my favorite (the way the light reflects on the sand). You can see all 4 on my Flickr.

This was shot with the Sigma 35 Art.

Sony A7RII and a bunch of lenses.

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
9,826 posts
Joined Oct 2012
Bowie, MD
Sep 04, 2016 00:04 |  #23246

nekrosoft13 wrote in post #18115889 (external link)
Way to much of that crap going on lately. Some people come in and insult entire group, some folks keep promoting their gear choices even when people said they don't care...

Wish things would go back to the way it was, more on topic and photo talk, instead of the bs.

One or two people being adamant about not caring is not a voice for an entire thread. I'm sorry you're so offended that someone likes gear from another system, but no matter how much I make it clear that these are my opinions and that I still thoroughly respect and continue to recommend Sony cameras you will continue to read between the lines and only read what you choose to from my posts. So think what you want to, I'm really getting tired of repeating myself.

nekrosoft13 wrote in post #18116082 (external link)
I had 5diii and same happens on every camera centric threads, not every shot in 5diii is "pro" material. that's not a excuse to go and insult and put down entire community that likes their gear.

He never claimed that... once again you're reading only what you choose to. He also never insulted "everyone" in this thread... why are so many people in here so touchy?

davidfarina wrote in post #18116112 (external link)
I think youre side tracking this thread. Before this thread became so big in terms of posters, we were a group out of 10 or so peeps. We talked about gear, posted shots and everything was very friendly. Nadim created this thread and named it "Lounge". To my understanding here can be discussed anything related to camera gear, preferably sony gear. We can post photos, we can talk about physics related to photography and optics, and last but not least about gear.

Since weeks Im seeing that more and more people seem to follow this thread and the more people get in here the more it gets harsh. I think most people dont know that the base group that we were, was a very mature, and polite community.

However, a few people here also post here when they dont find time to shoot, but still want to keep up to date with the photography world and even enjoy other pictures or discussions. I would like to end that topic and please do not judge the quality of the pictures in this thread. You are here like for a few weeks? The community when we started here is here for like 2 years (the thread before this combined) or so so please dont come here to judge the images when you not really now that not everything posted here is intended to be top work.

And just for you, a not professional shot i did during vacations last week :)

I've been here since the beginning, I don't remember people being so up in arms when discussing other brands, I was a big Fuji fan back then too.

mystik610 wrote in post #18116137 (external link)
Hehe you kept the a7s just for us? Very flattering Lucas.

I personally wouldn't have any beef with you posting your Fuji stuff here. I've always thought you had a great eye for PJ.

Haha, nah, I'm selling the a7S possibly this weekend, just meant that I'll still stick around in here because I enjoy this thread (most of the time) and the people in it.

And thank you, I really appreciate that :) I may post links to my images if I feel they're relevant to the discussion, but I'll probably avoid BBC linking to avoid starting anymore fires, apparently that's just too much for some people to handle :rolleyes:

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T // XF 18mm f2 // Rokinon 12mm f2 // XF 35mm f1.4 // Rokinon 21mm f1.4 // XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 // XF 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 // Rokinon 85mm f1.4 // Zhonghi Lensturbo ii // Various adapted MF lenses
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)

jocau
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2012
Belgium
Sep 04, 2016 00:05 |  #23247

Time to throw out some GAS bait...  :p

More info here (external link).

550D | EF-S 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 IS | EF 50mm F/1.8 II | EF 70-200mm F/4L IS | Speedlite 580EX II | LumoPro LP180 | Gitzo GT3541XLS | Arca-Swiss Monoball Z1 SP | ONA Bowery (black, non-leather) (external link)

nekrosoft13
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2010
Sep 04, 2016 00:10 |  #23248
banned

genesimmons wrote in post #18116109 (external link)
i know that,i was asking if they still made the original ef to e mount as it worked on the original a7 which i have,the pro m mount won't work on the original a7,

The original adapter made by TechArt is no longer selling it, but DEO Infinity is still making them and selling them.

Gear List

nekrosoft13
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2010
Sep 04, 2016 00:15 |  #23249
banned

QUOTED IMAGE

excellent, where do you find these interiors?

Gear List

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
5,555 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Texas
Sep 04, 2016 00:43 as a reply to nekrosoft13's post |  #23250

^ Thank you and Nadim for the feedback. Actually I just happened to stumble upon the hotel the other morning. It was a lucky accident. However, SATX has its fair share of historic buildings that make for great subjects. Add the riverwalk and you have a very charming and diverse downtown.

sponsored links

2,890,359 views & 33330 likes for this thread
Sony A7x lounge
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.