Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 30 May 2006 (Tuesday) 01:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post your best wife shots

Lunatique
359 posts
Gallery: 118 photos
Joined Jul 2003

Sep 04, 2016 15:39 |  #7891

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

My website (art, music, photography, writing): http://www.ethereality​.info/ (external link)

sponsored links
saea501
... spilled over a little on the panties
6,130 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 05, 2016 06:57 |  #7892

This is an interesting shot. ^ She looks like a completely different person.

Remember what the DorMouse said.....feed your head.
Bob
https://www.flickr.com …282@N06/with/38​203470844/ (external link)

DigitalDon
540 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 05, 2016 07:13 |  #7893

Lunatique wrote in post #18060117 (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Lunatique in
./showthread.php?p=180​60117&i=i244234085
forum: People

One of my favorite models.

(EOS RebelT3i EF-S 18 - 55 IS II Kit) (EFS 55 - 250 mm lense f/4-5.6 IS II) (YONGNUO YN 565EX flash)

Lunatique
359 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Sep 05, 2016 12:47 |  #7894

saea501 wrote in post #18117422 (external link)
This is an interesting shot. ^ She looks like a completely different person.

I often joke and say that she's a "stock market chameleon beauty." Why? Because she can look very different in terms of attractiveness and countenance from moment to moment, and there's no predicting how she might appear. When I'm shooting her, these are comments you'll often hear me make:

"No, not that angle. Now you look like your aunt."

"Holy cow! Hold that expression. You're a f-ing elegant goddess right now!"

"Don't do that donkey smile. You hate it when you look like your mom, remember?" (Her mom was extremely abusive and a total monster.)

"Where's my wife? What did you do with my wife? Who's this strange woman trying to seduce me?"

"Loosen up. You are as stiff as a piece of rock." (She then shakes all over the way a wet dog does, and tries the pose again.)

"Stop it! Don't make me put down the camera and pounce on you. Behave yourself. No more teasing."

"Too much tilt. No more curious puppy poses. With this outfit you need to act your age."

"CTCAB." (Stands for "Chest, Tummy, Chin, Arms, and Butt. It's our code for paying attention to how those parts appear during a pose. For example, when she slouches, or press her arms too hard against her torso and flattens them out too much, or forget to lift her chin to prevent accidental double-chin, or sticks out her tummy too much, or don't arch her back when it'll make the pose look better.)

"The stock market just crashed, baby. We should stop." (Meaning she's looking tired and stiff and missing her usual glowing aura.)

"Hey cutie. What high school do you go to?" (I make that joke whenever she has that doe-eyed look and appears really young.)

"Oh my god. Everyone's staring. One more shot and we're out of here." (Often accompanied by people slowing down their cars and saying hi to us as they drive by.)

BTW, she's a lot more fun in video, because you get to see how expressive she is from moment to moment. I have a couple of videos up on Youtube with her as the main model:

My website (art, music, photography, writing): http://www.ethereality​.info/ (external link)

Mco95
92 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Nov 2013

Sep 06, 2016 10:27 |  #7895

Hi dears,

A recent shoot I did in an abandoned house !

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Mco95
Canon 6D - Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 - Canon 50mm F1.8 - Tamron 70-200mm F2.8 - Canon 430 EXII - Yongnuo YN-565EX - Yongnuo YN-622C Trigger - Yongnuo YN-622C TX Trigger
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com …ice-miconnet-photography/ (external link)

Mco95
92 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Nov 2013

Sep 06, 2016 10:29 |  #7896

another

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Mco95
Canon 6D - Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 - Canon 50mm F1.8 - Tamron 70-200mm F2.8 - Canon 430 EXII - Yongnuo YN-565EX - Yongnuo YN-622C Trigger - Yongnuo YN-622C TX Trigger
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com …ice-miconnet-photography/ (external link)

FuzzSummit
882 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 06, 2016 21:36 |  #7897

Just started shooting people seriously and was playing around with fill-flash yesterday.

IMAGE: https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8225/29411951111_2e74c209d6_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/LP2W​nn  (external link) Long Bay shoot (external link) by Fuzz Photography (external link), on Flickr

Website (external link) || Instagram (external link) || Facebook (external link) ||Blog (external link) ||
Canon 6D || Canon 16-35/2.8 | Canon 35/1.4 | Canon 50/1.4 | Canon 70-200/2.8 | Sigma 85/1.4

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
20,592 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Sep 06, 2016 22:19 |  #7898

FuzzSummit wrote in post #18119496 (external link)
Just started shooting people seriously and was playing around with fill-flash yesterday.
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/LP2W​nn  (external link) Long Bay shoot (external link) by Fuzz Photography (external link), on Flickr

Great photo but a little too hot on the fill. Try -2/3 to -1 EV FEC. Should be perfect.

Mark

Arutemu
Goldmember
2,766 posts
Gallery: 141 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Feb 2011

Sep 07, 2016 07:15 |  #7899

Sony A7r + Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2

IMAGE: https://c7.staticflickr.com/9/8296/29229126070_24c32c74ce_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/LwSU​Ru  (external link) Mystery (external link) by Artem (external link), on Flickr

住めば/external linkFlickrexternal link
GEAR / FEEDBACK

FuzzSummit
882 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 07, 2016 22:39 |  #7900

rrblint wrote in post #18119564 (external link)
Great photo but a little too hot on the fill. Try -2/3 to -1 EV FEC. Should be perfect.

Could you elaborate? "Too hot" overall (in relation to the background), or in specific areas? Thanks.

Website (external link) || Instagram (external link) || Facebook (external link) ||Blog (external link) ||
Canon 6D || Canon 16-35/2.8 | Canon 35/1.4 | Canon 50/1.4 | Canon 70-200/2.8 | Sigma 85/1.4

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
20,592 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Sep 07, 2016 22:59 |  #7901

FuzzSummit wrote in post #18120544 (external link)
Could you elaborate? "Too hot" overall (in relation to the background), or in specific areas? Thanks.

Just my opinion but I find her face and chest a bit too bright from the flash exposure in relation to the background. I like the picture a lot and think that it would have benefitted from a bit of minus FEC. I'm pretty sure that I could fix it in post processing.

Mark

Lunatique
359 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Sep 08, 2016 00:25 |  #7902

rrblint wrote in post #18120561 (external link)
Just my opinion but I find her face and chest a bit too bright from the flash exposure in relation to the background. I like the picture a lot and think that it would have benefitted from a bit of minus FEC. I'm pretty sure that I could fix it in post processing.

I agree. For that specific photo, I think just enough fill to prevent her face from being really dark would be just fine. Past that point then the face becomes too bright and the interesting cast shadow gets diluted too much.

But I'm also one of those people who's not a big fan of the big HDR craze, since so much of those heavily processed photos become so flat in lighting that all the interesting interplay of light and shadow and forms are gone--sort of processed to hell and becomes lifeless. A similar effect can happen when there's too much fill light in what's supposed to be a high contrast lighting scene (especially if part of the visual interest is supposed to be the cast shadows)--it ends up looking very unnatural and screams "fill flash!" and "reflector!" It can work in some situations--it's kind of a case-by-case consideration. In general I think using a large sun diffuser looks much better, but without assistants it's pretty much impossible for one photog to use one, especially if there's any wind at all.

FuzzSummit
882 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 08, 2016 03:19 |  #7903

rrblint wrote in post #18120561 (external link)

Lunatique wrote in post #18120608 (external link)
I agree. For that specific photo, I think just enough fill to prevent her face from being really dark would be just fine. Past that point then the face becomes too bright and the interesting cast shadow gets diluted too much.

But I'm also one of those people who's not a big fan of the big HDR craze, since so much of those heavily processed photos become so flat in lighting that all the interesting interplay of light and shadow and forms are gone--sort of processed to hell and becomes lifeless. A similar effect can happen when there's too much fill light in what's supposed to be a high contrast lighting scene (especially if part of the visual interest is supposed to be the cast shadows)--it ends up looking very unnatural and screams "fill flash!" and "reflector!" It can work in some situations--it's kind of a case-by-case consideration. In general I think using a large sun diffuser looks much better, but without assistants it's pretty much impossible for one photog to use one, especially if there's any wind at all.

Thanks for the feedback. Something to work on next time. :-)

Lunatique
359 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Sep 08, 2016 13:43 |  #7904

HOSTED PHOTO

Jon_Doh
861 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2007
Post edited over 1 year ago by Jon_Doh.

Sep 08, 2016 15:32 as a reply to  @ Mco95's post |  #7905

Very nice series Mc095. Thank you for sharing.

I use a Kodak Brownie

sponsored links

3,696,858 views & 7,676 likes for this thread
Post your best wife shots
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.