Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch
Thread started 11 Sep 2016 (Sunday) 14:05
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Miss the last Peak Design Kickstarter? It's now on Indiegogo

PhotogNY
591 posts
Joined Aug 2010
Lawn Guyland, Noo Yawk
Sep 11, 2016 14:05 |  #1

If you missed out on the Peak Design backpacks and totes last week on Kickstarter, they now just launched the same campaign on Indiegogo here. (external link)

Photographer's Guide to Copyright Law Basics (external link)

sponsored links
iazybandit
Goldmember
2,065 posts
Joined Apr 2011
New York
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by iazybandit. 3 edits done in total.
Sep 20, 2016 08:08 |  #2

I received the Everyday Tote in Ash for review. Comparison is with my charcoal Everyday Messenger

IMAGE: http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l617/1kindphotography/blog_post/1kindphoto_ashvscharcoal.jpg

I'll be receiving the charcoal version for color comparison along with the Sling and backpacks.

And if anyone misses out on the Indiegogo or decide to get it at a later date, I have a 10% coupon code on my site.

Canon :: 5D Mark IV | EOS M5
Glass/Gear :: Canon 24-70L II | Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM | EF-M 22mm | EF-M 11-22
FULL GEAR LIST | FEEDBACK
FS: Think Tank Urban Approach 5 and 10 | Varavon Monopod and Camtrol Prime Stabilizer

PhotogNY
THREAD ­ STARTER
591 posts
Joined Aug 2010
Lawn Guyland, Noo Yawk
Sep 20, 2016 11:02 |  #3

I went for the backpack this time around. Excited to check them out in person next month at Photo Plus Expo.

Snydremark
Myth-informed
17,947 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Mar 2009
Issaquah, WA USA
Sep 20, 2016 11:49 |  #4

1KIND wrote in post #18134110 (external link)
I received the Everyday Tote in Ash for review. Comparison is with my charcoal Everyday Messenger

QUOTED IMAGE

I'll be receiving the charcoal version for color comparison along with the Sling and backpacks.

And if anyone misses out on the Indiegogo or decide to get it at a later date, I have a 10% coupon code on my site.

Will you be getting both 20 and 30L sizes of the backpacks to review?

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,065 posts
Joined Apr 2011
New York
Sep 21, 2016 13:34 |  #5

Snydremark wrote in post #18134333 (external link)
Will you be getting both 20 and 30L sizes of the backpacks to review?

Yes, I'll be receiving the 20L and 30L for review. Unfortunately, due to the demand and popularity of the bags, it will take me a little longer as the media samples are limited. Once I get them, I'll start reviewing it and giving comparison. Definitely follow me if you haven't already for updates and when reviews are posted.

FS: Think Tank Urban Approach 5 and 10 | Varavon Monopod and Camtrol Prime Stabilizer

PhotogNY
THREAD ­ STARTER
591 posts
Joined Aug 2010
Lawn Guyland, Noo Yawk
Sep 21, 2016 13:36 |  #6

ow does that work, you get a media sample and then have to send them back after review? Or do they let you keep them?

Snydremark
Myth-informed
17,947 posts
Joined Mar 2009
Issaquah, WA USA
Sep 21, 2016 13:37 |  #7

1KIND wrote in post #18135661 (external link)
Yes, I'll be receiving the 20L and 30L for review. Unfortunately, due to the demand and popularity of the bags, it will take me a little longer as the media samples are limited. Once I get them, I'll start reviewing it and giving comparison. Definitely follow me if you haven't already for updates and when reviews are posted.

Thanks; I'll be keeping an eye. I sprung for the 30L during the KS campaign, but I'm always interested in seeing other thoughts before mine ships :) BTW, have you looked at their most updated capture clip at all?

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,065 posts
Joined Apr 2011
New York
Post has been last edited over 1 year ago by iazybandit. 4 edits done in total.
Sep 21, 2016 13:48 |  #8

PhotogNY wrote in post #18134292 (external link)
I went for the backpack this time around. Excited to check them out in person next month at Photo Plus Expo.

I'll be there this year. I usually stop by their booth and say hi.

PhotogNY wrote in post #18135665 (external link)
ow does that work, you get a media sample and then have to send them back after review? Or do they let you keep them?

The media samples are not final products. So there will be minor flaws but near final production. There's loose threading and what not. Usually when it comes to reviews in general, I hold on to them in the event people have questions and I need to refer back to the product to answer.

Snydremark wrote in post #18135667 (external link)
Thanks; I'll be keeping an eye. I sprung for the 30L during the KS campaign, but I'm always interested in seeing other thoughts before mine ships :) BTW, have you looked at their most updated capture clip at all?

I pretty much reviewed all of Peak Design products. From what I know, there is no "new" or updated Capture clip. They did change out the plate on the PRO version. Otherwise, the clip itself remains the same.

Were you referring to the CaptureLENS?

I backed their campaign as well. I like their products and Art (designer) has a great vision but the products are pricey. The only thing I'm currently not using of theirs is the Clutch. It's a nice product but it has been replaced with the SpiderPro Holster. That thing is sooo nice.

Snydremark
Myth-informed
17,947 posts
Joined Mar 2009
Issaquah, WA USA
Sep 21, 2016 15:22 |  #9

1KIND wrote in post #18135683 (external link)
I'll be there this year. I usually stop by their booth and say hi.

The media samples are not final products. So there will be minor flaws but near final production. There's loose threading and what not. Usually when it comes to reviews in general, I hold on to them in the event people have questions and I need to refer back to the product to answer.

I pretty much reviewed all of Peak Design products. From what I know, there is no "new" or updated Capture clip. They did change out the plate on the PRO version. Otherwise, the clip itself remains the same.

Were you referring to the CaptureLENS?

I backed their campaign as well. I like their products and Art (designer) has a great vision but the products are pricey. The only thing I'm currently not using of theirs is the Clutch. It's a nice product but it has been replaced with the SpiderPro Holster. That thing is sooo nice.

No, but I'll pull it to PMs if you don't mind.

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,065 posts
Joined Apr 2011
New York
Sep 21, 2016 15:37 |  #10

Snydremark wrote in post #18135803 (external link)
No, but I'll pull it to PMs if you don't mind.

Don't mind at all. Already responded to your PM.

sponsored links

1,772 views & 0 likes for this thread
Miss the last Peak Design Kickstarter? It's now on Indiegogo
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.