Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk
Thread started 12 Jul 2016 (Tuesday) 21:09
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Algonquin Park, Ontario Canada ideas?

Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Sep 28, 2016 21:09 |  #61

Hiding in plain sight !!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Jeff ........7D Mark II, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Grizz1
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2011
Northeast Missouri
Sep 28, 2016 21:19 |  #62

That is a very nice one Jeff, good focus through all the leaves and you have it's attention looks like. Mom is nearby by too I see.
So what kind of young trees in the foreground?
We are leaving in 10 hours so soon I will be packing this laptop away for the night and may not be back online until the first motel wherever that may be.

Steve
2 Canon 60D's, 70D 18-135,-55-250, Sigma 150-500 OS,Sigma 50mm 1.4 ,Sigma 120-300 Sport,Sigma 10-20. 580EXII

Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Sep 29, 2016 03:13 as a reply to Grizz1's post |  #63

Poplar trees Steve, drive safe

Jeff ........7D Mark II, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

Ronnie ­ H
Goldmember
1,769 posts
Joined Feb 2009
Twining, Michigan USA
Sep 29, 2016 06:27 |  #64

:-)Jeff
I like your pics ,very nice,,wish we could join you all,,but wife is unable to travel !! but keep the pics comin ??
just starting to get some color here..
Ron

Grizz1
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2011
Northeast Missouri
Sep 29, 2016 19:41 |  #65

I thought that's what they were Jeff but thought better to ask then guess. Traveling has been slower than normal for us, stopped several times but are just outside Columbus Ohio, so about 600 miles from home. Haven't seen any change from home except the crop harvest is ahead of ours, colors about the same. Will turn North tomorrow after 3 to 4 hours and will probably begin to see a difference.
Not one animal did we see today, a few geese, very few in fact.

Steve
2 Canon 60D's, 70D 18-135,-55-250, Sigma 150-500 OS,Sigma 50mm 1.4 ,Sigma 120-300 Sport,Sigma 10-20. 580EXII

johnohio
778 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Sep 29, 2016 20:48 |  #66

Grizz1 wrote in post #18144050 (external link)
I thought that's what they were Jeff but thought better to ask then guess. Traveling has been slower than normal for us, stopped several times but are just outside Columbus Ohio, so about 600 miles from home. Haven't seen any change from home except the crop harvest is ahead of ours, colors about the same. Will turn North tomorrow after 3 to 4 hours and will probably begin to see a difference.
Not one animal did we see today, a few geese, very few in fact.

Now you understand why I'm going to Algonquin;-)a. Go Bucks OH I O

John

Grizz1
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2011
Northeast Missouri
Sep 30, 2016 17:39 |  #67

Still no wildlife, probably a good thing because the rain in Columbus this morning at 7AM was bad enough to drive in, a stressful day for a guy that lives where we see 4 to 5 cars drive by our house daily.
Anyway I'm on the border staying in Niagra Falls for the night and tomorrow afternoon hope drive further North.
A close family member has been hospitalized back home so we are hanging around Buffalo waiting to see if it is good to continue into Canada.
Saw leaves changing today, especially Maples.

Steve

Grizz1
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2011
Northeast Missouri
Oct 06, 2016 20:36 |  #68

IMAGE: https://c3.staticflickr.com/6/5286/30047709442_01be90c033_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/MMdn​aU] (external link)IMG_0612 (external link) by steve findling (external link), on Flickr
Took this shot near the Arowhon jct as I was leaving the Two Rivers area, the Sun was trying to break through but it didn't make it until I was well out of the park. I left poor Jeff, "Pondrader" stuck in this place and he has to endure the color change, Moose, Bear, Grey Jays,etc.
I think I'm going to have several nice landscape shots that I took on the 3 trails I hiked, one of my faves is going to be Beaver Lake Trail, it had good colors and a hint of Sunlight. The rain was not nice to camera gear along the trail but think it reduced the crowds and that was a good thing.
Sorry John I didn't get to meet up with you too, my communications broke down, schedule change and left the park one day earlier than planned.
If you made it to Huntsville as planned, you should have hit the colors perfectly. If I were a few hundred miles closer this area would see me returning.
Have fun John and Jeff, take many photos and please share a few.

Steve

johnohio
778 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Oct 07, 2016 21:35 |  #69

Grizz1 wrote in post #18150330 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/MMdn​aU] (external link)IMG_0612 (external link) by steve findling (external link), on Flickr
Took this shot near the Arowhon jct as I was leaving the Two Rivers area, the Sun was trying to break through but it didn't make it until I was well out of the park. I left poor Jeff, "Pondrader" stuck in this place and he has to endure the color change, Moose, Bear, Grey Jays,etc.
I think I'm going to have several nice landscape shots that I took on the 3 trails I hiked, one of my faves is going to be Beaver Lake Trail, it had good colors and a hint of Sunlight. The rain was not nice to camera gear along the trail but think it reduced the crowds and that was a good thing.
Sorry John I didn't get to meet up with you too, my communications broke down, schedule change and left the park one day earlier than planned.
If you made it to Huntsville as planned, you should have hit the colors perfectly. If I were a few hundred miles closer this area would see me returning.
Have fun John and Jeff, take many photos and please share a few.

Great picture, Steve! Very much representative of what we saw this week. My wife and I thought the park was absolutely beautiful! Had to be very close to peak, if not dead on. We arrived Monday evening and left early Friday morning. The weather was good the whole time we were there. A little overcast sometimes but still very nice and comfortable, weather-wise. I haven't walked that much in a while. We probably did 6 or 7 miles a day for the three full days we were there. Also did a lot of driving through the Highway 60 corridor, stopping at as many spots as we could, sometimes going back multiple times to certain spots to look for wildlife. We met lots of nice people along the trails and pull-offs. Everyone was friendly and shared info about what they had seen and where. Stopped at the visitor's center and west gate to look at the boards for wildlife sightings. Unfortunately, even though people had told us they had seen wildlife along the park (mostly moose and a few fox), we did not see any wildlife along the corridor. We timed this trip for the fall color but I was hoping to also photograph some wildlife. I did see a cow moose and calf one afternoon. They were way back in the woods. I took a few shots but unfortunately, they were obscured by branches and undergrowth. I did have a beaver swim by one evening in another location but unfortunately, he was headed away from me. Saw a pileated woodpecker that flew in front of us; landed and was gone in about 15 seconds. As I said, the park was beautiful. We had good weather and a safe trip so all in all, it was a great get-away. We would love to go back sometime and hopefully try and stay longer. Sorry we didn't connect with you or Jeff. Maybe we'll get another chance in the future. Thanks to Jeff for the advance info. Really appreciate it.

John

jm4ever
Joined Dec 2006
Welland, Ontario
Oct 14, 2016 07:36 as a reply to post 18136428 |  #70

Jeff this is a fantastic picture. I would love to find owls like this Great Gray.

sponsored links

9,536 views & 32 likes for this thread
Algonquin Park, Ontario Canada ideas?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.