Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family
Thread started 01 Aug 2016 (Monday) 05:53
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Thoughts on this edit please..

twists ­ n ­ turns
Joined Apr 2016
Aug 01, 2016 05:53 |  #1

My sis in law had a little boy a few weeks back, Connor, and i took the opportunity to get some nice pics for her ofc. I came up with this idea but wondering if ive pulled it off.
I say ''I came up with the idea', not literally ofc lol. But that's just it .. is it an idea that's been done to death already? Dare i say it .. cheesy now?
Not the greatest quality in the end but that aside, would parents like this do you think? Honest cc or tips to improve welcome :)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

The composition took me a little while so shes getting sent it wether she likes it or not!  :p

sponsored links
twists ­ n ­ turns
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Apr 2016
Aug 02, 2016 03:34 |  #2

Whoa-whoa people! One at a time, please.  :p

The silence is deafening. I think i may have my answer lol

mamaof2
Goldmember
Joined May 2014
Aug 02, 2016 10:59 |  #3

I would post over in Critique Corner

Jessi
T4i/Nifty fifty/ 18-55/ DCR 250 macro attachment/ 55-250 stm/ Few old film lenses
flickrexternal link

twists ­ n ­ turns
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Apr 2016
Aug 02, 2016 16:04 as a reply to mamaof2's post |  #4

haha. I was thinking that earlier funnily enough.

Dare I? .. gulp..  :p

dawssvt
406 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Aug 22, 2016 15:08 |  #5

A little cheesy!

St. Louis, MO Portrait and Wedding Photographer (external link)
My Smugmug (external link)

lewkyle
132 posts
Joined Jan 2010
Sep 18, 2016 21:19 |  #6

i like the idea but the final product looks over cooked and very noisy, I don't know if its supposed to look like a painting or a photograph? I don't know how I would handle this, maybe look at different ideas, there are plenty of great new born setups to choose from. I do like the effort though, can't knock that!!

5diii,7D, and 50D Gripped/ Tamron 70-200mm G2 2.8/ Canon 50mm 1.4/Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 EX/ Canon 24-70mm 4 L / Tokina 100mm 2.8 Macro/Sigma 1.4x EX Teleconverter/ Godox AD600BM/ Godox x1 TTL triggers / Youngnuo 685, (2)560 IV/ Giotto Tripod, ball head/ Thinktank streetwalker hard drive .... http://www.imprintedph​otography.com/ (external link)
"photography skill is obtained through practice, not purchase"

zyndurai
Joined Apr 2009
Oct 06, 2016 18:40 as a reply to lewkyle's post |  #7

This is what I thought too: Photograph or painting? I'd try to edit the baby's face a little to match the painting style and get an image where the baby's face is shown more? It's a good job over all IMO, but the composition is a little off for me in regards to the cut off wings. Other than that, you did a good job on merging the photo and artwork.

My flickrexternal link

sponsored links

1,813 views & 0 likes for this thread
Thoughts on this edit please..
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.