Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 09 Oct 2016 (Sunday) 07:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

6D

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
3,618 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 09, 2016 17:48 |  #16

jlstan wrote in post #18152247 (external link)
Is the 6D still the best bang for your buck when it comes to a canon full frame?

Maybe so - it depends on what type of shooting you do, and if the 6D meets your needs.
BHP sells it for $1499 plus 4% rewards and a few free goodies. The 5D III will cost you
another $1k.

I have two cameras, the 1D4 and the 6D. The first for action and air show photography,
the 6D for every thing else. The 6D is my go-to camera for event photography.

The 6D gives me great IQ, and I can crop the crap out of an image and still retain good IQ.
The good high ISO works well for museum shots. I love the small body size.

For me it's the best bang for your buck full frame Canon camera.

My flickr albums (external link)
My Best Aviation Photos (external link)

sponsored links
dhornick
643 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Oct 11, 2016 07:42 as a reply to  @ Perfectly Frank's post |  #17

For me it's the best bang for your buck full frame Canon camera.[/QUOTE]

This!

Darrell
6D | 16-35mm f/4 L | 8-15mm Fisheye L | 24-105mm f/4L | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 100-400mm f/4.5 5.6L | Speedlights 430EX III, 600EX II RT & ST-E3-RT transmitter.
Flickr (external link)

eddieb1
754 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Oct 11, 2016 08:36 |  #18

Left Handed Brisket wrote in post #18152322 (external link)
I agree that having a crop and FF can be really nice.

Also agree that since you have a modern/current camera now, that waiting might prove beneficial. I think the next 6D will move up in the food chain, significantly, and be a 5DIII with a kick ass sensor. I bet it is shipping by the first week of March.

And I bet it will cost a heck of a lot more than version 1.

jlstan
THREAD ­ STARTER
468 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 18, 2016 16:57 |  #19

I am looking for a portrait / low light body to compliment my 7d Mark ii which I use for wildlife and sports. I find that my AF is hit or miss in low light.

panicatnabisco
962 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Apr 2012
Post edited over 1 year ago by panicatnabisco.

Oct 18, 2016 19:29 |  #20

The 6D center focus point is pretty good in low light. That plus clean ISOs puts it under the "best bang for your buck" category for me. You can get the original 5D and 5DII but im not sure how low light AF performance goes compare to the 6D.

Canon 1DX | 6D | 16-35/2.8II | 24/1.4II | 24-70/2.8II | 24-105 | 50/1.8 | 50/1.2 | 70-200/2.8 IS II | 85/1.2II | 100/2.8 IS macro | 400/2.8 IS | 2xIII
Leica M8.2 | Noctilux 50 f/1 | Elmarit 90/2.8 Cinema BMD Ursa Mini 4k
afimages.net (external link) | Facebook (external link) | flickr (external link)

hoorayswag
33 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Oct 27, 2016 19:52 |  #21

The 6D in low light is absolutely amazing

01Ryan10
994 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Aug 2012
Post edited over 1 year ago by 01Ryan10.

Oct 31, 2016 11:39 |  #22

jlstan wrote in post #18160500 (external link)
I am looking for a portrait / low light body to compliment my 7d Mark ii which I use for wildlife and sports. I find that my AF is hit or miss in low light.

If this is why you want a full frame camera, then the 6D is probably the best Canon body you can buy, regardless of price. Well...ok, the new 5D MKIV is a tiny bit better, but not for $2000 more.

Also built in WiFi...I love being able to put on tripod and trigger from my smartphone. Even during studio shoots, I will shoot headshots triggered from my smartphone while the 6D is on a tripod. Being able to interact with people without the camera in my face can really bring out some nice expressions.

WiFi triggered for Astro and landscape is great too!

http://RyanLunaPhotogr​aphy.com (external link)
IG: @01ryanluna10 (external link)

sponsored links

3,694 views & 9 likes for this thread
6D
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.