Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 08 Sep 2016 (Thursday) 23:03
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

The EOS M5 finally? maybe? possibly?

Philihase
Joined Dec 2013
Giessen Germany
Oct 26, 2016 03:56 |  #61

I think like a fair few people with money invested into the Canon DSLR range I am very interested in this camera as a small light second body to take on my wanders. Also maybe as a main body on longer 20-30km hikes on holidays in the mountains and make some efforts to shoot things without Feathers or fur. Might even make me feel less self concious and start some street stuff.

Will probably get the starter kit with the 15-45 and then use the adaptor with some of my largly unused EFS lenses and smallish EF lenses. Even with the EFS and an adaptor I have some fairly small and light combinations. 60mm EFS macro, 24mm Pancake and to some extent though not really small the 10-22 EFS. With EF lenses the Nifty Fifty MK2 springs to mind that I have but dont use as it front focuses on my 7D2 over the MFA range but is ok in live view so hopefully will be ok. Then theres some larger combos such as the 70-200F4 or what maybe interesting as I find it hard to leave the house without a 400mm of some description the 400 F5.6. or even the 70-200F4 with a 2X Extender as when hiking I am not really expecting any amazing shots more recording bird species etc so that combo may break my "just in case" mindset.

That brings up a question maybe someone with an M series camera can answer. Does the adaptor work with Canon extenders? If so (not expecting wonders) do the cameras attempt to autofocus at F8 or even F11 ( thinking 400F5.6 plus 2X extender :)).

I have been looking into mirrorless a bit in the last year but the price plus new lenses has allways put me off a bit which is why this camera ,even if its not the best speced in the world, has me interested as with it ,after the body and kit outlay, I have as shown allready have a fair few lenses to use from the off. I guess I am what Canons marketing is targeting.

https://www.facebook.c​om ...e-Photos-852961268075109/ (external link)

MedicineMan4040
THREAD ­ STARTER
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
Joined Jul 2013
Oct 26, 2016 05:57 |  #62

Philihase wrote in post #18167211 (external link)
I think like a fair few people with money invested into the Canon DSLR range I am very interested in this camera as a small light second body to take on my wanders. Also maybe as a main body on longer 20-30km hikes on holidays in the mountains and make some efforts to shoot things without Feathers or fur. Might even make me feel less self concious and start some street stuff.

Will probably get the starter kit with the 15-45 and then use the adaptor with some of my largly unused EFS lenses and smallish EF lenses. Even with the EFS and an adaptor I have some fairly small and light combinations. 60mm EFS macro, 24mm Pancake and to some extent though not really small the 10-22 EFS. With EF lenses the Nifty Fifty MK2 springs to mind that I have but dont use as it front focuses on my 7D2 over the MFA range but is ok in live view so hopefully will be ok. Then theres some larger combos such as the 70-200F4 or what maybe interesting as I find it hard to leave the house without a 400mm of some description the 400 F5.6. or even the 70-200F4 with a 2X Extender as when hiking I am not really expecting any amazing shots more recording bird species etc so that combo may break my "just in case" mindset.

That brings up a question maybe someone with an M series camera can answer. Does the adaptor work with Canon extenders? If so (not expecting wonders) do the cameras attempt to autofocus at F8 or even F11 ( thinking 400F5.6 plus 2X extender :)).

I have been looking into mirrorless a bit in the last year but the price plus new lenses has allways put me off a bit which is why this camera ,even if its not the best speced in the world, has me interested as with it ,after the body and kit outlay, I have as shown allready have a fair few lenses to use from the off. I guess I am what Canons marketing is targeting.

Looks like you have a great mindset entering into M territory. The use of the EF-s lenses is a great compromise in weight/size and I'll follow suit with an EOS 10-18mm and 55-250mm. We've already got the 22/2 but one I'll def. add is the Rok 12mm. Sad the little EF-M macro is so short in focal length :(

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

8,150 views & 11 likes for this thread
The EOS M5 finally? maybe? possibly?
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.