Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings
Thread started 15 Jul 2010 (Thursday) 14:37
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography

joooowan
Joined Jan 2009
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by joooowan.
Oct 20, 2016 10:46 |  #8656

cccc wrote in post #18161723 (external link)
Nice work, what was your FL for these?

Thanks! These were on the 24mm ts-e :-D (..i gotta find out what I did with metadata settings this weekend that it cut out the lens info)

CC welcome.

sponsored links
seaLere
Joined Mar 2013
Rapid City, SD
Oct 20, 2016 12:09 |  #8657

dmward wrote in post #18162051 (external link)
Since this is for the builder and owner, I'd have gotten rid of the houses in the background and cloned out the long branch of the shrub along side the driveway.
Its cropped a bit tight on the right side. eliminating the distracting building in the background would make the tight crop unnecessary.

The final image looks off kilter. The verticals are vertical and it appears the horizon is straight but visually it doesn't look right to me.

Crop could be better, yes. I guess I don't see what you mean with the off kilter. Looks normal to me.

Canon 6D | Canon 60D | Canon 17-40 f4 L | Canon 50mm 1.4 | Canon 70-200 2.8L | Lots of lights | A huge wishlist | A big dream
- www.codylere.com (external link) - Architectural and Interiors Photography

amairphoto
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2007
Las Vegas
Oct 20, 2016 16:33 |  #8658

Relaxation room at Four Seasons here in Vegas

IMAGE: https://c3.staticflickr.com/6/5616/29825625434_30dc044e04_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/MrA8​kh] (external link)Four Season Spa Womens Room - Anthony Mair Web (external link) by Anthony Mair (external link), on Flickr

My Website: http://www.amairphoto.​com (external link)
flickr (external link)

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
Metro Chicago
Oct 21, 2016 00:12 |  #8659

seaLere wrote in post #18162127 (external link)
Crop could be better, yes. I guess I don't see what you mean with the off kilter. Looks normal to me.

I think its the fact that the grass, yard slope down to the left and the angle puts an upward visual slope to the roof line. The angle of view isn't far enough off square to be visually significant.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

mltn
Joined Sep 2010
Oct 21, 2016 12:57 |  #8660

This is a little different from the standard fare here, but what is your guys' worst experience on a shoot?

Mine is from yesterday evening:

I have a client that's been challenging lately, and last night I had a homeowner completely blow up in my face. I was shooting a bathroom for a design/build firm, and I was there only with my assistant, no representative from the business. I need a couple hours minimum to get their shots, and that is supposed to be clearly communicated, but nobody told this guy. A little over an hour in he completely lost it and screamed at us for a couple minutes because we weren't done yet, it was awful. I was shaking afterward, and I was genuinely concerned it was going to get physical.

Needless to say I am beyond furious with my client, and I can't believe I would be put in that situation, it was easily one of the worst moments of photography career.

amairphoto
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2007
Las Vegas
Oct 21, 2016 13:16 |  #8661

mltn wrote in post #18163048 (external link)
This is a little different from the standard fare here, but what is your guys' worst experience on a shoot?

Mine is from yesterday evening:

I have a client that's been challenging lately, and last night I had a homeowner completely blow up in my face. I was shooting a bathroom for a design/build firm, and I was there only with my assistant, no representative from the business. I need a couple hours minimum to get their shots, and that is supposed to be clearly communicated, but nobody told this guy. A little over an hour in he completely lost it and screamed at us for a couple minutes because we weren't done yet, it was awful. I was shaking afterward, and I was genuinely concerned it was going to get physical.

Needless to say I am beyond furious with my client, and I can't believe I would be put in that situation, it was easily one of the worst moments of photography career.

Thats crazy, i dont understand people sometimes. Not getting him anywhere blowing up on you. Ive had some bad experiences but nothing on that level.

My Website: http://www.amairphoto.​com (external link)
flickr (external link)

seaLere
Joined Mar 2013
Rapid City, SD
Oct 23, 2016 15:17 |  #8662

A couple for one of my agents today. Probably my favorite dining room shot so far (I think it's just because I like the dining room and not necessarily the photo.) I do wish I would have added a little light through the window in the kitchen.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon 6D | Canon 60D | Canon 17-40 f4 L | Canon 50mm 1.4 | Canon 70-200 2.8L | Lots of lights | A huge wishlist | A big dream

Hinson
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2007
Germantown, Maryland
Oct 28, 2016 12:31 |  #8663

seaLere wrote in post #18164686 (external link)
A couple for one of my agents today. Probably my favorite dining room shot so far (I think it's just because I like the dining room and not necessarily the photo.) I do wish I would have added a little light through the window in the kitchen.

thumbnailHosted photo: posted by seaLere in
./showthread.php?p=181​64686&i=i91333565
forum: Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings
./showthread.php?p=181​64686&i=i226550869

I like the house based on these photos. The color scheme, minimalist look, and the island with built in pet bowls is to die for. I'm moving...hehehe

Artist tools: Lumix FZ1000 (Canon 60D, 28/2.8, 10-22mm, Tamron 28-300mm VC ALL NOW FOR SALE - REASONABLE OFFER)
Blog: www.jerrywhitephotogra​phy.com (external link)
Flickr (external link)

seaLere
Joined Mar 2013
Rapid City, SD
Oct 28, 2016 12:33 |  #8664

Hinson wrote in post #18169588 (external link)
I like the house based on these photos. The color scheme, minimalist look, and the island with built in pet bowls is to die for. I'm moving...hehehe

I also love the house! First house I've gotten to shoot in awhile with the contemporary look that I like. About time!

Also, a few twilights from the same house.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

digirebelva
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Appomattox, Virginia
Nov 01, 2016 06:02 |  #8665

IMAGE: https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5708/30339680390_848d0f2fa7_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/Ne1M​XL] (external link)Morgan Ct (external link) by Tim Wilson (external link), on Flickr

EOS 6d, 7dMKII, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

When it ceases to be fun, it will be time to walk away
Website (external link) | Fine Art America (external link)

rejay14
Joined Mar 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Nov 01, 2016 19:31 |  #8666

Got upgraded to the Presidential Suite at the Hilton in Niagara Falls the day of my daughter's wedding. I only had one flash, no tripod and a 24-70 because I was only going to shoot the garter and bouquet toss after their paid photographer had left. I was so upset I didn't have my 16-35 vmad

Not too bad handheld I guess.. more here: http://prestigephoto.z​enfolio.com ...ico_wedding_day/e1f​c4eec7 (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

1DX Mark II, 5D Mark IV, 40D,Rebel XT :lol:, 70-200L 2.8 IS II, 100-400L IS II,24-105 II L, 100mmL 2.8 IS, 16-35L 2.8 II, 24-70 2.8L II, Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art, Sekonic 758DR, Pixma 9500 II, Pixma 9000 II, Think Tank Airport Accelerator v2.0, Canon 600EX-RT x 5, Profoto B1 Kit with too many modifiers http://...www.PrestigePhotoPro.c​om (external link) Portfolio (external link)
Concert Photography (external link)

njstacker22
Joined Mar 2014
Hamilton, NJ
Nov 02, 2016 10:02 |  #8667

seaLere wrote in post #18164686 (external link)

./showthread.php?p=181​64686&i=i91333565
./showthread.php?p=181​64686&i=i226550869

Care to explain the lighting setup? Images look fantastic.

Sony A7ii [Sony FE 16-35mm f/4] [Sony FE 28-70mm] [Rokinon 135mm F2] [Sony 50mm 1.8]
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/djbigley/ (external link)

seaLere
Joined Mar 2013
Rapid City, SD
Nov 02, 2016 11:15 |  #8668

njstacker22 wrote in post #18173762 (external link)
Care to explain the lighting setup? Images look fantastic.

Thank you! There were about 2-3 flashed shots for each. One ambient shot (at proper exposure for the interior) was used to mask in any areas that looked harsh from the flash.

On the kitchen there was one flash near the highest point of the ceiling, and one over near the right by the door that's cut off.

On the dining room there was a flash pop in the upper right close to the window, and in the upper left by the other window.

digirebelva
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Appomattox, Virginia
Nov 03, 2016 09:22 |  #8669

IMAGE: https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5643/30450948310_98dff47694_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/NoR5​3b] (external link)Out in Powhatan (external link) by Tim Wilson (external link), on Flickr

EOS 6d, 7dMKII, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

When it ceases to be fun, it will be time to walk away
Website (external link) | Fine Art America (external link)

aboudd
Joined Feb 2013
Arlington VA
Nov 05, 2016 06:16 |  #8670

Two lobbies from my assignments portfolio, one a apartment building, the other, Comcast headquarters, with video wall, in Philadelphia. ©Aboud Dweck, All Rights Reserved.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links

1,209,414 views & 1207 likes for this thread
A thread for real estate, architectural, and interior design photography
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.