Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 31 Oct 2016 (Monday) 20:32
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

POTN G-series Speed Challenge #610 - Selfies

JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by JimAskew.
Oct 31, 2016 20:32 |  #1

Well the response this week was a tad bit disappointing but the two OUTSTANDING entries submitted show that Selfies can clever, well done, and entertaining.

teekay: Mirror, mirror on the wall... This a fun and well photographed mirror Selfie with a great disguise and excellent use of B&W! Well done!

Trumper: A dangerous reflection selfie using water as the reflective surface. Putting all at risk to capture a great moment!

It is a a hard task to pick from these two but that is the rule so here goes:

1st Place goes to teekay for a classic Selfie self portrait!
2nd Place goes to Trumper for risking all to get the shot!

So take it away teekay and I hope you have better success at getting players into the challenge this week!

Challenge #610 - Selfies! This week's challenge is to post a "selfie" of yourself. You can use your camera's flip screen; hold the camera backwards and take a chance; use a tripod; or use a mirror (see my avatar). If you are shy then take a selfie using a disguise...perfect timing as today is Halloween! Extra points awarded for selfies taken in a photogenic setting! Extra points awarded for taking a selfie in a clever disguise! So don't be shy...post a selfie :-)

Remember, if you post a photo, you may be the winner. Be prepared to host and judge a new challenge.

To submit, click Post Reply and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.

Post until Monday noon GMT, 7 October 2016.

Photo Submissions Camera -- All Canon G-Series cameras: G1,G2,G3,G5,G6,G7,G9,G​10,G11,G12,G15,G16,G1 X,G3 X,G5 X,G7 X,G9 X,G1 X Mark II,G7 X Mark II and Powershot Pro 1.

- Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
- Size -- photo must be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1024 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
- Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
- Posting -- One photo per photographer in each challenge. Photo Title in the message subject line. Camera model. EXIF data, if you like.

Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.

- Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
- Time One challenge every week, on the following schedule: New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning. Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.

Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile. This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jim -- I keep the G5X in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L

sponsored links
teekay
Goldmember
2,621 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Nov 05, 2016 10:55 |  #2

Mirror, mirror, on the wall...

IMAGE: http://community.netidea.com/teekay/temp/Selfie1024.jpg
G15

Trumper
736 posts
Joined May 2003
Nov 05, 2016 11:01 |  #3

G1X MK11
Bye bye camera --off to Canon repair centre :( Hopefully see you back soon in fine fettle

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

JimAskew
THREAD ­ STARTER
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Nov 07, 2016 08:04 |  #4

Contest is now closed. Results up shortly.

JimAskew
THREAD ­ STARTER
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Nov 07, 2016 08:20 |  #5

Results are at the top! I hope the next contest garners more entries that the Selfie Challenge did! I guess most of our G-Series are just shy? :-)

Trumper
736 posts
Joined May 2003
Nov 07, 2016 10:24 |  #6

:lol:I think most people --ok well me prefer to be behind the lens.Nowadays with phones and facebook type things youngsters seem quite happy to pose in front of the camera.
Depending on the the topic of the next one i may not be able to take part ,my dearly loved and very well used g1x mk11 is winging it's way to Canon for repair.
When we had the Harsh light topic ,it came over dull and gloomy,then we had Education and it was half term ,last one mentioned a flip screen to take the selfie ,and mine packed up :oops: TEEKAY please be careful what you choose LOL :lol:

teekay
Goldmember
2,621 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Nov 07, 2016 10:50 |  #7

Thanks, Jim - I guess! I really only entered to encourage some more and better entries, and now I'm stuck with the next one.:-(

No ideas on a subject yet, but I'll try and get a new one up later today.

OhLook
Spiderwoman
15,288 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Nov 07, 2016 11:17 |  #8

Trumper wrote in post #18178207 (external link)
When we had the Harsh light topic ,it came over dull and gloomy,then we had Education and it was half term ,last one mentioned a flip screen to take the selfie ,and mine packed up :oops: TEEKAY please be careful what you choose LOL :lol:

Well, we haven't done pinhole cameras yet . . .

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

teekay
Goldmember
2,621 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Nov 07, 2016 11:39 |  #9

OK, here's the next one:

http://photography-on-the.net .../showthread.php?t=1​470327

Now, lots of entries please!

JimAskew
THREAD ­ STARTER
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Nov 07, 2016 15:07 |  #10

Here is my selfie...made this in an antique store in Marietta, GA last September  :p. Handsome guy that I am :rolleyes:

HOSTED PHOTO

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
6,605 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
East Central IL
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by M_Six.
Nov 07, 2016 15:13 |  #11

I had a couple selfies I shot in the Bahamas on our cruise, but between the wide angle distortion caused by holding the camera so close to my face and my...um, er....winter insulation layer, I just couldn't bring myself to subject the Internet viewing public to such ghastly sights. :-D:oops:

Mark J.
Gear

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
32,652 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Central California
Nov 09, 2016 20:48 |  #12

IPhone shot of me in Hawaii (mai tai in hand). I will be home Monday, in time for the next challenge.

HOSTED PHOTO

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
5DIII
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 85/1.2 135/2.0, 300/f4, 24-70/2.8 both I & II

sponsored links

2,932 views & 4 likes for this thread
POTN G-series Speed Challenge #610 - Selfies
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.