Well the response this week was a tad bit disappointing but the two OUTSTANDING entries submitted show that Selfies can clever, well done, and entertaining.
teekay: Mirror, mirror on the wall... This a fun and well photographed mirror Selfie with a great disguise and excellent use of B&W! Well done!
Trumper: A dangerous reflection selfie using water as the reflective surface. Putting all at risk to capture a great moment!
It is a a hard task to pick from these two but that is the rule so here goes:
1st Place goes to teekay for a classic Selfie self portrait!
2nd Place goes to Trumper for risking all to get the shot!
So take it away teekay and I hope you have better success at getting players into the challenge this week!
Challenge #610 - Selfies! This week's challenge is to post a "selfie" of yourself. You can use your camera's flip screen; hold the camera backwards and take a chance; use a tripod; or use a mirror (see my avatar). If you are shy then take a selfie using a disguise...perfect timing as today is Halloween! Extra points awarded for selfies taken in a photogenic setting! Extra points awarded for taking a selfie in a clever disguise! So don't be shy...post a selfie
Remember, if you post a photo, you may be the winner. Be prepared to host and judge a new challenge.
To submit, click Post Reply and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, 7 October 2016.
Photo Submissions Camera -- All Canon G-Series cameras: G1,G2,G3,G5,G6,G7,G9,G10,G11,G12,G15,G16,G1 X,G3 X,G5 X,G7 X,G9 X,G1 X Mark II,G7 X Mark II and Powershot Pro 1.
- Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
- Size -- photo must be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1024 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
- Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
- Posting -- One photo per photographer in each challenge. Photo Title in the message subject line. Camera model. EXIF data, if you like.
Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
- Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
- Time One challenge every week, on the following schedule: New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning. Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile. This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. Thank you.