Challenge #612 - Style & Expression
Style might be something that catches your attention, or you simply appreciate that it is there. Style could be creative design, fashionable clothing elements, maybe some home or office interior decorating arrangement. And more.
(I'd prefer not to simply judge full-length fashion model & wardrobe... however if you have an entry that highlights key elements of such style, go for it.) Have fun.
Expression (if you can work that in as well) might be some_thing that comes off as: quirky, Bohemian, mixed-art, luxurious, bold, asserting individuality, or declaring unity. ...or many other fun impressions and serious meanings you might see.
I will judge loosely: Hopefully on quality photography, but maybe just on a fun item.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Remember, if you post a photo, you may be the winner. Be prepared to host and judge a new challenge.
To submit, click the button labeled 'POST TO THREAD' and put your Photo Title in the first line of the post, above your photo. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, 21 November 2016.
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera G1,G2,G3,G5,G6,G7,G9,G10,G11,G12,G15,G16,G1 X,G3 X,G5 X,G7 X,G9 X,G1 X mark II,G7 X Mark II and powershot Pro 1.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1024 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting -- One photo per photographer in each challenge. Photo Title in the first line of the post. Camera model. EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT Winners Announcement ... As soon as possible, max. until Tuesday noon GMT.
Click FOLLOW THREAD in the top right of the challenge's thread page.
Notifications of new posts will appear below the POTN logo and the main links in the top of each forum page. Note: Email notifications are not active at the moment, they will be available soon. Pay attention to your PMs or 'Heads Up!' messages. This will allow the host, helpful members or moderators to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. Thank you.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.
Okay, the results are in.
Good. Except I found the near-field, out of focus piece distracting. Had the scene been more coherent, then maybe 'yes'.
LL_Bean Style. A contender. I like the bold and clear presentation, plus the related touches out of focus in the background.
Indeed! I dynamic show of style. I wonder if a bit of cropping could have made this more dramatic, and have it stand out. Nonetheless a good fit to the theme-- here, about getting around in style.
"Dapper" ... Given social media's heavy hand, I think that word has been removed from the Oxford dictionary for lack of relevance. Fortunately some of us remember the subtle nuances of the past. Good show and good photo-taking.
I like it. Matches the theme. Just does not stand out. I wonder if some PP could enhance the photo to make more of a statement?
1st Place Maureen = "Dapper..." Nicely done and just stands out and speaks to me. That draws me in and I am in a different place and time. Isn't this stuff fun?
2nd Place M_Six = "LL Bean Style" Also nicely done. Fits the theme for sure. Crisp and stands out, with subtle background cues of leather etc. Good show.
3rd Place Pictoraider ="...Sento50..." Definitely asserts the theme. Almost a winner. I think I would have preferred to have this cropped to emphasize the bike and rider even more. Some PP could make this one pop, IMO.