Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 10 Sep 2015 (Thursday) 07:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

6D mkii rumor

digirebelva
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Appomattox, Virginia
Nov 18, 2016 09:26 |  #151

FarmerTed1971 wrote in post #18187913 (external link)
there is no contrast to the subject.

Did you not read my previous posts...?
When the center point cant grab focus for that reason, and I try and switch to the outer points, its a hit or miss if they will grab focus..even in areas with enough contrast to do so. I can switch cameras on the tripod mind you, put the same lens on, and the 7d doesn't have the issue...so no..its not technique either...
I have read of others having the same issue as well, so I'm not alone.
Issue with Camera....thought about that...Canon says no...lens has been checked to...
Thankfully most of the time, I can get away with using only the center point...but still

EOS 6d, 7d, 50d, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

When it ceases to be fun, it will be time to walk away
Websiteexternal link | Fine Art Americaexternal link

sponsored links
digirebelva
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Appomattox, Virginia
Nov 18, 2016 09:34 |  #152

Bassat wrote in post #18187914 (external link)
They can't hit everyone's expectations every time.

You're right, they cant, and I don't expect them to. My issue has always been that the 6d AF was purposely crippled even compared to an older camera...so it's not like the technology was too new to put it in the camera. Somebody made the conscious decision at Canon to do it. Heck, if Canon had just put in the same outer points as the older 7d, I seriously don't think there would be many that have an issue with AF at all...

Yes I know, some still would...but that's life

Hey Canon you listening...!

EOS 6d, 7d, 50d, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

digirebelva
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Appomattox, Virginia
Nov 18, 2016 09:39 as a reply to post 18187915 |  #153

" I faced the same issues with the 5DII"

Interesting...didn't know it had the same issue..

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
6,284 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Nov 18, 2016 09:39 |  #154

digirebelva wrote in post #18187932 (external link)
You're right, they cant, and I don't expect them to. My issue has always been that the 6d AF was purposely crippled even compared to an older camera...so it's not like the technology was too new to put it in the camera. Somebody made the conscious decision at Canon to do it. Heck, if Canon had just put in the same outer points as the older 7d, I seriously don't think there would be many that have an issue with AF at all...

Well, we totally agree on that point. Canon spent money developing a new, lesser AF system specifically for the 6D. I do like that it can AF at -3EV. A 70D/7D-like system that worked at -3EV would have been better on this camera. (Then what excuse would I have to buy the 1DIV? FPS, I suppose.)

Tom

FarmerTed1971
fondling the 5D4
Joined Sep 2013
Portland, OR
Nov 18, 2016 09:40 |  #155

I hope they are... or the 6D2 will fail.

Getting better at this - Fuji Xt-2 - 18-55 - 35 f2 WR - 50-140 - 6D - 135L - 70-200 f4L IS - 600EX-RT x2 - ST-E3-RT - flickr (external link) - www.scottaticephoto.co​m (external link)

mystik610
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2012
Houston, TX
Post has been last edited 11 months ago by mystik610. 4 edits done in total.
Nov 18, 2016 09:45 |  #156

digirebelva wrote in post #18187932 (external link)

Lol the T4i, which has all cross type points, was released the same year as the 6D.

digirebelva wrote in post #18187939 (external link)
" I faced the same issues with the 5DII"

Interesting...didn't know it had the same issue..

Yup....this is why the 6D was never on my radar. The difference with the 5DII is that it was the best the technology could deliver at the time so we sort of accepted the shortcomings. The expectations are, and should be, different now.

focalpointsphoto.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - Instagram (external link)
α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α9 - Zeiss Loxia 21 - Sony/Zeiss 35 f1.4 ZA - 85GM - Sony 70-200GM

elitejp
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
Nov 18, 2016 15:12 |  #157

I "almost" can't believe we are discussing whether or not we need af or if the af on the 6d is crippled.

6D; canon 85mm 1.8, Tamron 24-70mm VC, Canon 135L Canon 70-200L is ii

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2007
Pa
Nov 18, 2016 15:35 |  #158

FarmerTed1971 wrote in post #18187894 (external link)
Still love my 6D... it does 90% of what I need and when it's not the best tool I switch to the 7D2.

One body to rule them all is a myth, unless you have the coin for a 1Dx2 and even then I'm sure you'll find some people that are not even satisfied.

EXACTLY what I do... It's a great combo..

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Nov 18, 2016 16:57 |  #159

Wait.

People still take pictures???

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

DesolateMirror
Joined Oct 2015
Post has been edited 11 months ago by DesolateMirror.
Nov 18, 2016 18:35 |  #160

Sometimes I sort of wish they would slow down their iterations a little and put a bit more (even if that more is just more progress in terms of sensor tech) into each one, probably not good for sales though.

If they do go for the andoid OS that should be really interesting. With the work the people at ML do who knows what crazy stuff we'd see. If it is an android OS hoepfully they can bump up the processing power a bit (brb running starwalk/stellarium/in​stagram/pokemon go). What about a sim card slot for mobile data? Ok too far? They do like to pack gadgets into some of these models. Touch screen?

I wonder if they will stay with the SD slot or move to 1 or 2 microSD slots.

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Nov 18, 2016 19:48 |  #161

Android is a non starter.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
6,284 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Bourbon, Indiana - USA
Nov 19, 2016 07:20 |  #162

Left Handed Brisket wrote in post #18188475 (external link)
Android is a non starter.

I'm almost positive I'll regret asking, but:

What is Android OS?

Why does it matter in a camera?

What runs Canon cameras now?

Tom

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Post has been edited 11 months ago by Left Handed Brisket.
Nov 19, 2016 07:45 |  #163

Bassat wrote in post #18188772 (external link)
I'm almost positive I'll regret asking, but:

What is Android OS?

Why does it matter in a camera?

What runs Canon cameras now?

Google developed Android as an operating system for phones and tablets. They license it (very close to free, if not in fact totally free) to phone manufacturers to run their devices. Google benefits by being able to sell advertising and collect user data.

Canon has developed their own proprietary operating system (OS) that runs the internal workings of the processors, buffer and removable storage, as well as the user interface you see when you press the menu button.

Android does a fine job for what it is, but its popularity also makes it a target for hackers. It is a fairly common occourance to see a rogue app descovered to be sending data back to some foreign operatives.

If Canon were to use Android to run its cameras they would have to completely reengineer the software. And for what benefit? I don't get that rumor at all.

mystik610
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2012
Houston, TX
Nov 19, 2016 12:26 |  #164

The OS in Sony cameras is Android based. They have some apps you can add to the camera and a lot of them are really good. I.e. the smooth reflections app emulates long exposures and eliminates the need for ND filters.

focalpointsphoto.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - Instagram (external link)
α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α9 - Zeiss Loxia 21 - Sony/Zeiss 35 f1.4 ZA - 85GM - Sony 70-200GM

Rittrato
Goldmember
1,223 posts
Joined May 2010
Nov 19, 2016 14:22 |  #165

Realistic improvements/upgrades IMO will be

Tilting LCD screen (70D)
Slightly higher resolution (24-28 MP)
Increased AF points
Dual Pixel AF technology
Anti Flicker

Gold Canon Box

sponsored links

40,055 views & 133 likes for this thread
6D mkii rumor
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.