Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports
Thread started 04 Dec 2016 (Sunday) 19:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

4x4 Off Road

Andy650B
Joined Dec 2016
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by Andy650B.
Dec 04, 2016 19:02 |  #1

This is one of my passions so I thought I would start a thread. This includes action shots from 'green laning', overlanding in places like Wales and the Lakes, 'pay and play' days and competitions. The vehicles vary from standard off the shelf 4x4s through to those highly modified for the stresses of off road tasks. If you have shots I'd love to see them.

sponsored links
Andy650B
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Dec 2016
Dec 04, 2016 19:06 |  #2

Jeep KJ and Land Rover tray back

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

BlakeC
"Dad was a meat cutter"
Joined Jul 2014
West Michigan, USA
Dec 05, 2016 06:27 |  #3

"And here we see the Jeep in it's natural habitat. Watch as it rolls through the mud to cover itself for protection from the sun and bugs."

Love Jeeps! I'm on my 3rd now!

*Side note: Be careful posting photos - Remember the photo posting rules.
- You can post up to 8 in ONE post.
- You can post 2 UPLOADED images + 6 EMBEDDED images or 8 EMBEDDED images
- You may post more if someone requests them

I have had mine deleted for post 9 photos before. They are strict sometime.

Blake C
BlakeC-Photography.com (external link)
Follow Me on Facebook (external link) , Instagram (external link), or Google+ (external link)
80D |70D | SL1 - Σ 18-35 1.8 ART, Σ 50-100 1.8 ART, Σ 17-50 2.8, Canon 24 2.8 Pancake, Canon 50 1.8 STM, Canon 10-18 STM, Canon 18-135 STM

bumpintheroad
Self-inflicted bait
Joined Oct 2013
NJ, USA
Dec 05, 2016 06:44 |  #4

HOSTED PHOTO

-- Mark | Gear | Flickrexternal link | Picasaexternal link | Youtubeexternal link | Facebookexternal link | Image editing is okay

Andy650B
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Dec 2016
Dec 05, 2016 06:51 as a reply to bumpintheroad's post |  #5

Love the Rubicon - great shot

96whiteknight
PERMANENT BAN
Joined Oct 2007
Palmetto, FL
Dec 06, 2016 13:01 |  #6
banned

Pekka wrote:
IMAGE POSTING RULES
Do not use the forum as your image gallery, post only the best of the best and link to the rest.

midgeman
Joined Apr 2014
Nashville, TN
Dec 06, 2016 13:49 as a reply to 96whiteknight's post |  #7

I think this thread is intended for others to share, as an all encompassing 4x4 offroad thread, just no one else has shared yet.

Canon 7DII, Canon T3, Canon AE-1, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 II, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ART, 50mm f/1.8 STM, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L
https://www.instagram.​com/midgeman/ (external link)
http://kennethmidgett.​com (external link)
flickr (external link)

96whiteknight
PERMANENT BAN
Joined Oct 2007
Palmetto, FL
Dec 06, 2016 13:58 as a reply to midgeman's post |  #8
banned

29 photos in 12 hours. Yes, others are open to share, but he's flooding the thread (no pun intended), which is against the rules.

Andy650B
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Dec 2016
Dec 07, 2016 04:59 as a reply to 96whiteknight's post |  #9

Hi - I have 1000s of 4x4 images and I selected these to get the thread going - a thread I started because there wasn't anything existing for Off Road motorsport.

Andy650B
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Dec 2016
Dec 07, 2016 05:04 as a reply to midgeman's post |  #10

Thanks Midgeman, you are right - I started the thread as a general 4x4 off road section within 'motorsports' as there wasn't anything representing this particular genre. I populated it with a selection of pics, out of the 1000s that I have, just to get some interest in the hope that other people would contribute to it. I am a new member -and didn't realise I would upset people by doing this.

Andy650B
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Dec 2016
Dec 07, 2016 05:12 as a reply to BlakeC's post |  #11

Hi Blake, sorry if I've upset anyone, i'm completely new to this and didnt realise how this worked - I just wanted to start a new motorsports 4x4 dedicated thread that other people could post to - and try to generate some interest by posting a selection of shots in the hope that other people would post theirs. I take on board what you say, thanks for taking the time and the heads-up. Could you tell me what the difference is between an uploaded pic and an embedded pic?

BlakeC
"Dad was a meat cutter"
Joined Jul 2014
West Michigan, USA
Dec 07, 2016 10:01 |  #12

Andy650B wrote in post #18205821 (external link)
Hi Blake, sorry if I've upset anyone, i'm completely new to this and didnt realise how this worked - I just wanted to start a new motorsports 4x4 dedicated thread that other people could post to - and try to generate some interest by posting a selection of shots in the hope that other people would post theirs. I take on board what you say, thanks for taking the time and the heads-up. Could you tell me what the difference is between an uploaded pic and an embedded pic?

no problem. just wanted to help you avoid the same mistake I made before. I didn't know until I posted ONE too many photos in a thread I started! lol

When you post images, you can click the "Upload Images" button and it will let you upload an "A" & "B" photo - 2 photos. If you have your photos hosted on another site like flickr or smugmug, you can put the link in the "Embed Image" entry section and it will embed the photo in your post. The rules say you can put up to 8 photos in a single post (8 embedded or 2uploaded+6embedded).
They want to prevent ppl from spamming a thread and posting a ton of photos. You are allowed to post more if someone else asks for them in the thread.
If you have 1000 of photos hosted on another site, you can also put a link in the original post for those who want to see more so they can click it and go to that gallery.

Blake C
Follow Me on Facebook (external link) , Instagram (external link), or Google+ (external link)
80D |70D | SL1 - Σ 18-35 1.8 ART, Σ 50-100 1.8 ART, Σ 17-50 2.8, Canon 24 2.8 Pancake, Canon 50 1.8 STM, Canon 10-18 STM, Canon 18-135 STM

Andy650B
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Dec 2016
Dec 07, 2016 13:24 as a reply to BlakeC's post |  #13

Thanks Blake - much appreciated - I can understand how it could have been abused - hence the strict rules. I have in fact had loads deleted by admin. Just so I'm absolutely straight, am I not allowed to post any more to this thread - forever ...unless someone asks me to do so?

BlakeC
"Dad was a meat cutter"
Joined Jul 2014
West Michigan, USA
Dec 07, 2016 13:28 |  #14

Andy650B wrote in post #18206171 (external link)
Thanks Blake - much appreciated - I can understand how it could have been abused - hence the strict rules. I have in fact had loads deleted by admin. Just so I'm absolutely straight, am I not allowed to post any more to this thread - forever ...unless someone asks me to do so?

I would ask an admin on that one to be sure. I've posted to a thread after a while to get it going again.

Blake C

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
47,818 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Dec 07, 2016 14:12 |  #15

Hi Andy, thank you for being cool about this :)

I am posting this reply to your question in the thread in case it might help others along the way.

"Just so I'm absolutely straight, am I not allowed to post any more to this thread - forever ...unless someone asks me to do so?"

The short answer is no.

What you have started is a thread where you invite others to join in and post images of the same nature. we have dozens of such threads, and the rules change a bit here, but not all of them.

The rule that still applies is the number of images that you post together, or in a row. Still 2 uploaded, or max 8 embedded. (although it is customary to post one image at a time in threads like this)

What changes is that you can post replies with more images. BUT, again, as the intent of the thread is to invite other to participate, the one does not post a reply to themselves with additional images, but instead wait for others to join in before adding more posts with more images.

I apologize if this seems a little arbitrary, and certainly we don't police or catch every thread with a few extra images here or there. We do however notice and take action when it appears that a thread has become a personal galley space for one member.

It may help to take a look at any of a number of "share you ----" threads and see how the pace tends to work. They can be found in nearly all of the image sharing forums, as well is in gear forums (post your D-800 images etc.)

thanks again, and sorry to interrupt your thread!

Jake.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

sponsored links

14,084 views & 174 likes for this thread
4x4 Off Road
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.