Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 01 Dec 2016 (Thursday) 07:48
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

How many photos has your g series taken

Trumper
736 posts
Joined May 2003
Dec 01, 2016 07:48 |  #1

The weekly challenge for this week is here if you fancy having a go :) http://photography-on-the.net .../showthread.php?t=1​471665 .
"Description of this week topic: This year is drawing to a close quickly...it will be December in another day! So, dig into your archives and show me your favorite capture of the year to date."

This got me thinking about my little g1x mk11

If i have to go through my photos from this year to find one i did a very quick workout ,thats roughly 3,500 photos.It is actually double that as i take RAW+ Jpeg but i just counted the jpeg.I may be a while deciding LOL. :lol:IF that is a rough average ,i think my little camera has taken about 10,000 jpegs since i owned it :eek:
I stress this is a quick round up and down but it does make you wonder.

Is there a way of finding out how many photos the camera has taken?

sponsored links
mathogre
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
Oakton, VA USA
Dec 01, 2016 20:48 |  #2

Generally speaking, if you take a RAW and Jpeg, it's one photo. You may have two files, but it's one image from one shutter actuation.

Regarding how many photos a camera has taken, I have my cameras set to use sequential numbers in the filenames. I keep records of when they roll over at 10,000. I've taken 8,248 photos so far with my G16, not a lot but a decent amount. They've all been single shots, btw; I never shoot in "continuous" mode. I've also done many videos with the G16. It's a great little camera!

Graham
Canon A BIG ONE A Small One An itty bitty one
My Zenfolio Collectionexternal link

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
6,604 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
East Central IL
Post has been edited over 1 year ago by M_Six.
Dec 06, 2016 14:09 |  #3

About 650 on the G7x going by picture file number on the card. That seems like a lot, but I'm always surprised how many shots I take vs what I actually end up processing.

Mark J.
Gear

JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP
Joined Aug 2005
Springfield, VA
Dec 07, 2016 15:05 |  #4

I bought the G5X in March 2016 and I have taken 1,280 shots so far. That's ~150 a month.

Jim -- I keep the G5X in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L

gug
Joined Oct 2011
Dec 13, 2016 07:10 |  #5

I purchased the G7X Mark II on June 26, 2016 and have 2676 photo's.

scriveyn
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2011
SW Germany
Dec 13, 2016 09:00 |  #6

Powershot G5 - 15.000 in six and a half years

Frank, also known as jazzman
C&C welcome
Image Editing OK (for reposting in the same thread)

I Jazz

ra40
Joined Jan 2013
So. Cal
Dec 18, 2016 00:16 |  #7

G9 about 20K clicks, G15 in the 10K range. Been doing a few time lapse with the G15 and those sessions can run up 400-800 frames easily. I take the count from the folders organized by camera in Lightroom. I usually have about a 5-10% delete ratio so I'll take that average and figure this is where the shutter is. (I don't delete in the field so the whole card is DL'd onto the drive.)

mathogre
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
Oakton, VA USA
Dec 18, 2016 00:42 |  #8

gug wrote in post #18211762 (external link)
I purchased the G7X Mark II on June 26, 2016 and have 2676 photo's.

OT: How do you like the G7X Mark II? I consider it the potential successor to my G16. While the 7Xii doesn't have a hot shoe, I don't use it on my G16 as the built-in pop-up flash is surprisingly adequate for those situations where it should be usable.

Graham
Canon A BIG ONE A Small One An itty bitty one
My Zenfolio Collectionexternal link

gug
Joined Oct 2011
Dec 18, 2016 05:20 as a reply to gug's post |  #9

I also cooked at G12 at close to 20K in pics.

gug
Joined Oct 2011
Dec 18, 2016 05:26 as a reply to mathogre's post |  #10

It has one shortcoming, it is weak in the macro area compared to the G16. That said it is excellent and surpasses the G16 in every other aspect. I highly recommend it.

Here is a thread on it with more info. http://photography-on-the.net .../showthread.php?t=1​463020

ra40
Joined Jan 2013
So. Cal
Dec 18, 2016 12:56 as a reply to gug's post |  #11

Glad you posted your G7XII review. Those pics look great! Macro is a frequent use among the old G9 and 15 for me. That minimum focus of the G7XII would be a strong criteria. The G5X had been my desire except for the slower shot to shot in RAW. (MkII?) My sales guy has been on me to update and he showed an M5 the other day, at $1K ouch. Hunted down an M3 so that will be forth coming. The native lenses bite since I'd like to see some 2.8 zooms or 1.8 primes at some point.

sponsored links

2,365 views & 6 likes for this thread
How many photos has your g series taken
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.