Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 11 Dec 2016 (Sunday) 20:10
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Sending client photos!

rickeykim
31 posts
Joined Dec 2015
Dec 11, 2016 20:10 |  #1

So I want to be more professional sending clients photos. Right now I'm using google drive from my school email just because there is unlimited drive space. But I wanted to know which sharing sites are the best or the ones that you guys use! Thank you!

sponsored links
RobDickinson
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2010
New Zealand
Dec 11, 2016 20:20 |  #2

pixieset.com/

or
pixieset.com/

www.HeroWorkshops.com (external link) - www.rjd.co.nz (external link) - www.zarphag.com (external link)
Gear: A7r, 6D, Irix 15mmf2.4 , canon 16-35f4L, Canon 24mm TS-E f3.5 mk2, Sigma 50mm art, 70-200f2.8L, 400L. Lee filters, iOptron IPano, Emotimo TB3, Markins, Feisol, Novoflex, Sirui. etc.

98kellrs
Joined Oct 2012
Perth, Australia
Dec 11, 2016 20:33 |  #3

I use drop box which all of my clients have been happy with and it fully integrates with my Mac operating system making syncing very quick (I can export straight from Lightroom into Dropbox).

Ryan
Nikon D800
Fujifilm X-T1
RSK Photography Facebook - Automotive Photography page (external link)
Website (external link)

rickeykim
THREAD ­ STARTER
31 posts
Joined Dec 2015
Dec 12, 2016 04:17 as a reply to RobDickinson's post |  #4

Ah okay! My friend uses that one as well. I'm going to look into that.

rickeykim
THREAD ­ STARTER
31 posts
Joined Dec 2015
Dec 12, 2016 04:18 as a reply to 98kellrs's post |  #5

OMG!!! I like that it exports straight to Dropbox! I hate hate hate having to export and then upload. It takes forever. Thank you!

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Dec 12, 2016 11:02 |  #6

Well to be honest if you have installed the Dropbox program on your computer it will pretty much interface automatically with any program, allowing saved documents to be automatically uploaded to the web. All you need to do is have the program save the image to your Dropbox folder, or one of it's subfolders. I only do a small amount of commercial work for a couple of regular clients, and what I like about Dropbox is the way that I can directly share a Dropbox folder with the client. I can then set LR to export to that folder on my machine, or use any other program and save to that folder on my local machine, and a few moments later the file appears in the same Dropbox folder on the client's machine. It has the added advantage that this is a two way process, so that the client can also send stuff to me in the same way. As well as photography services I also do contract engineering design work for one of my clients, so using Dropbox is great, as all of my design documents are also saved via Dropbox, and so are always up to date and available on both my machines, when I am working from my home office, as well as all of the clients computers when I am working onsite at the clients place, and I don't need to lug about a laptop and set it up at the different locations, one less thing to have to worry about.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

904canon
106 posts
Joined Dec 2012
NY
Dec 13, 2016 11:25 |  #7

When using Dropbox, is there a memory size limit?

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
Dec 13, 2016 13:28 |  #8

904canon wrote in post #18211920 (external link)
When using Dropbox, is there a memory size limit?

There are different levels of account, and they come with varying storage limits, I only have a free account, so only get IIRC a couple of GB of data, although I did have 20GB free for a couple of years after signing up for my last mobile contract. Apart from the total storage limit I don't think there are any actual limits to the sizes of files that can be uploaded, or at least I haven't found one.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

Stewartad
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Dec 2016
Kansas City, USA
Dec 13, 2016 14:07 |  #9

Ohh, thanks for useful info.

kjonnnn
Goldmember
1,179 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Chicago, Illinois
Dec 15, 2016 14:06 |  #10

Google Drive gives you 15GB of storage free. Dropbox only gives you 2 GB of storage free. Why take less.

GOOGLE DRIVE FILE INFORMATION
File sizes
These are the documents, spreadsheets, and presentation sizes you can store in Google Drive.

Documents: Up to 1.02 million characters. If you convert a text document to Google Docs format, it can be up to 50 MB.
Spreadsheets: Up to 2 million cells for spreadsheets that are created in or converted to Google Sheets.
Presentations: Up to 100 MB for presentations converted to Google Slides.
All other files: Up to 5 TB.
Supported file types
These are the most common file types you can view in Google Drive:

General files

Archive files (.ZIP, .RAR, tar, gzip)
Audio formats (MP3, MPEG, WAV, .ogg)
Image files (.JPEG, .PNG, .GIF, .BMP)
Markup/Code (.CSS, .HTML, .PHP, .C, .CPP, .H, .HPP, .JS)
Text files (.TXT)
Video files (WebM, .MPEG4, .3GPP, .MOV, .AVI, .MPEGPS, .WMV, .FLV, .ogg)
Adobe files

Autodesk AutoCad (.DXF)
Illustrator (.AI)
Photoshop (.PSD)
Portable Document Format (.PDF)
PostScript (.EPS, .PS)
Scalable Vector Graphics (.SVG)
Tagged Image File Format (.TIFF) - best with RGB .TIFF images
TrueType (.TTF)
Microsoft files

Excel (.XLS and .XLSX)
PowerPoint (.PPT and .PPTX)
Word (.DOC and .DOCX)
XML Paper Specification (.XPS)

sponsored links

1,179 views & 5 likes for this thread
Sending client photos!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.