Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Performing Arts Talk
Thread started 26 Oct 2016 (Wednesday) 14:41
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Black Dahlia Murder 12/5

Gbreezy
Hatchling
Joined Sep 2016
Oct 26, 2016 14:41 |  #1

Hello all, I am new here and would love to get a personal camera to use and would like some info. Here are some photos I took while doing a live shoot at a venue in Baltimore for the band, The Black Dahlia Murder.

What did I do wrong, what did I do wrong?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
Gbreezy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Sep 2016
Oct 26, 2016 14:46 |  #2

I hope y'all like it and I can post more pictures from the shoot. These were just two of my favorite shots. :)

tdlavigne
304 posts
Joined Mar 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Dec 06, 2016 01:18 |  #3

I like them, especially the second one. Good capture there, with an interesting angle and sense of movement. My only comment as to "what you did wrong" would be you didn't bring the best lens for the task at hand. Something faster would have given you the opportunity to drop your ISO down or cut your shutter speed some for sharper images. I'd suggest an 85mm 1.8 to start with.

Gbreezy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Sep 2016
Dec 13, 2016 21:12 as a reply to tdlavigne's post |  #4

Thanks! I'll definitely bring an 85 the next time I shoot. :)

Mrslinger85
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2010
Chicago, IL
Post has been edited 10 months ago by Mrslinger85.
Jan 09, 2017 21:07 |  #5

I think a better image of the guitarist would have been accomplished with a faster lens/higher ISO. Cool show, used to be really into that band in high school when their first album came out.

Jon E.
My Gear
My Flickrexternal link

MuseMarcPhoto
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Jan 2017
Jan 25, 2017 14:13 |  #6

Looks like you've got a bit of image blur there. 1/25 and 1/80 of a second is a bit slow for concert shots (unless that's what you were going for). If your camera is capable, 1/250 of a second would be better for stopping motion. Of course, faster would be even better, but difficult to achieve unless your ISO is completely cranked.

Nice composition and angle on the second image.

sponsored links

4,378 views & 0 likes for this thread
Black Dahlia Murder 12/5
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Performing Arts Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.